• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    I am in the Vincennes area, is anyone going to be bringing any this way? I could do the meet up on I69 near crane if that were to happen.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would NOT turn down help with unloading the truck if anyone is in the Carmel Westfield area. I was able to pickup stuff I bought outside of the GB so I have a FULL 26 foot moving truck!

TXT for directions. Number in red in the first post in the thread.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    well I went and helped a worn out SmileDocHill empty his truck this evening. We are talking ALOT of stuff people. So much stuff that he couldn't get it all in his house. Most of the stuff appears to be in good serviceable shape with some a little more or less worn than average. He bought some military 3 piece system sleeping bags and poncho liners too.

I'll post some pictures of the haul when I figure out how. Oh I can't post attachments. Never mind. Ok I created an album with the pictures, so visit my profile to view.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    A lot of good gear there guys. Most packs looked to be serviceable, maybe some missing a few buckles. There are a surprising amount that appeared to have been unused/unissued. Thanks to Cathy and SDH for putting this together.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm going to pick up my packs later today, the offer is still open to anyone on the E/SE side of Indy (Post Rd/I-74), if you want me to pick up your gear. PM me and I'll grab them (SDH must already have payment), I can meet pretty much anytime over the next week for pick-up.

Picked up

Thank you SDH for putting this together.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cathy's not exaggerating those back streets are slick!
    Where Fieldgrass Run intersects Spring Mill Rd., it's uphill. In my lightweight RWD S-10, I almost couldn't get going from a standing start. Luckily, the traffic was sparse enough that I could take the time to maneuver slowly and get the rear tires onto the clearer asphalt of Spring Mill.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Sleeping systems,

$78 for the ones that are complete (Patrol Sleeping Bag, Intermediate Cold Weather Bag & Bivy Cove, and compression sack)
    $63 for the ones without the covers.
    These are on a first come first served basis, there are MANY that are in great shape.
    48063844_gl_large_thumb.jpg

48280212_gl_large_thumb.jpg

A couple of the lots I got for these are in good to impressive shape. I'm not going to have time to sort them.
    They will be sold on a first come first served basis either FTF or have the person getting your stuff pick yours out.

Cold weather poncho liners (woobies):
    48313471_gl_large_thumb.jpg

$25, Your choice of camo green or camo green.

6 Mag Bandoleer Ammo Pouch, Component of Modular Lightweight Load Bearing System, Desert Camo
    48270483_gl_large_thumb.jpg

These are in good to great shape. $8

I'm getting slammed with the holidays, family, and the GB. I'll be at my house 10-5 today for pickups but I'm going to have to put this on the back burner for at least a couple days and light through the next week in order to remain a dad and husband.:D

I GREATLY underestimated the physical size and volume of the stuff and have no room to sort. You will have to come pick and sort yourself to put together your packs. I'm going to also have to keep the 200 pack limit in place for now until I can get some of the other stuff into storage and regain the use of my home.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    SDH - Thanks SO much for putting this all together. I know I speak for many when I say that we greatly appreciate it!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I GREATLY underestimated the physical size and volume of the stuff and have no room to sort. You will have to come pick and sort yourself to put together your packs. I'm going to also have to keep the 200 pack limit in place for now until I can get some of the other stuff into storage and regain the use of my home.

Does that mean those of us who were gonna have you ship them due to not being able to pickup FTF are SOL then?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Does that mean those of us who were gonna have you ship them due to not being able to pickup FTF are SOL then?
    I can't speak for Doc, but there was a ((LOT)) of stuff. I'm AMAZED he fit it all in that box truck. FAR more than can fit in any two car garage that's for sure.

The majority of the stuff I skimmed through was in pretty good shape. I was surprised at the number of items I saw that appeared to be NEW, unissued. There were a few not so good items but they certainly seemed to be a minority.

That being said, there certainly isn't room to sort out from good to bad. It's just not practical, at least with holidays, snow, etc. going on. I think it would be MORE practical to make the trip and sift through to pick what you want.

However, if Doc decides to do some sorting after the holidays I'd be happy to come back out and help categorize items by condition and sort them out to make things easier for people and help get them out of his way, LOL.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom