• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I can't speak for Doc, but there was a ((LOT)) of stuff. I'm AMAZED he fit it all in that box truck. FAR more than can fit in any two car garage that's for sure.

The majority of the stuff I skimmed through was in pretty good shape. I was surprised at the number of items I saw that appeared to be NEW, unissued. There were a few not so good items but they certainly seemed to be a minority.

That being said, there certainly isn't room to sort out from good to bad. It's just not practical, at least with holidays, snow, etc. going on. I think it would be MORE practical to make the trip and sift through to pick what you want.

However, if Doc decides to do some sorting after the holidays I'd be happy to come back out and help categorize items by condition and sort them out to make things easier for people and help get them out of his way, LOL.

No offense but I wasn't dealing with you on this I'm dealing with SDH and I had already talked via pm and he was gonna ship mine which he offered ahead of time. It's not "MORE practical" for me to do FTF for this but thanks for the offer. If he can't ship them I understand and I'll just drop out that's why I need to know. I'll just PM him. I just posted it here instead because he said he was being swamped with pm's.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    No offense but I wasn't dealing with you on this I'm dealing with SDH and I had already talked via pm and he was gonna ship mine which he offered ahead of time. It's not "MORE practical" for me to do FTF for this but thanks for the offer. If he can't ship them I understand and I'll just drop out that's why I need to know. I'll just PM him. I just posted it here instead because he said he was being swamped with pm's.
    My point was merely that expecting him to ship right now may mean not getting the "cream of the crop" so to speak, because there is too much piled up to sort through with family obligations and things going on. You literally have to climp over one pile of items to get to another pile, LOL.

I was just offering further assistance to Doc in my last post should he intend to actually do more sorting after the holidays. I only attempted to answer your question because he's probably busy dealing with other pick ups today and trying to organize/clean up in between.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Guys i fail to see where anyone will be disappointed unless there are not enough to go around. What i seen today unless you are super picky these are a great buy, Also once you see the fleece longjohns you might want more of them they are really nice. To buy this stuff at about 66 percent off anywhere else a big thanks go out to you Doc

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    SHD +1 It was great to meet you today. Thanks for doing this. We found the gear to be in great shape. Had to dig around a little but thats part of the fun.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Was awesome to meet the folks who were there when I got mine. Doc, thanks for putting this together. There was a ton of excellent condition gear, some of it looked like it had only been used once or twice.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Packs are in very good/excellent quality, and by the looks have been used only several times. The two I picked were nice, and buckles are tight. Rain cover and hip belt had no wear marks. Just from my visit this morning his garage was full, just saying the sooner you pick up the better since it's taking up his garage. Photo of what my ILBE looks like. This was a huge project, and effort by Doc.

Just as soon as I get a little time to myself I'll contact Doc, see if I can help and maybe get some of these sent out. I'm just down the road, and I can't say thank you enough.

image_zps802ee066.jpg

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Swampmaster and I got down to SDH early this morning, we helped separate a little stuff out and got our packs. Many of the hydration carriers looked to be brand new. Many of the packs looked to be brand knew as well. Assault packs in good shape but of course appeared to be the most used. Many new belts and rain covers as well, some belts did seem to be worn. Appears that none of it we got into was unserviceable at all. Great deal for everyone getting a pack. As a bonus the polar tech fleece seem to be really great for the money! If you are tall tho they will run short! One thing I know for sure these packs are light years ahead of the Alice packs we had in the Corps in the 90's! Thanks Cathy for getting this started and Smiling Doc Hill for running this thru!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    One thing I know for sure these packs are light years ahead of the Alice packs we had in the Corps in the 90's!
    That's an understatment, LOL. I know a LOT of preppers like the Alice packs, but these are my prepping bags for good reason. They are MUCH more comfortable and versatile with all the staps, molle, etc. These packs are simply awesome, IMO.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    That's an understatment, LOL. I know a LOT of preppers like the Alice packs, but these are my prepping bags for good reason. They are MUCH more comfortable and versatile with all the staps, molle, etc. These packs are simply awesome, IMO.

Definately have to agree with you Kidd! :patriot:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.

I bought these to replace and upgrade my ALICE packs.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So many buckles -- An OCD maniac's dream!!!

Got my packs today. :rockwoot:

These things are The Bomb-Tastic! Pics just can't compare to putting your hands on one. Somebody with more severe OCD than me designed these things! The stuff Doc brought back is 1st quality and for stupid cheap. Can't believe it.

I got the full monte: Main pack, assult pack, lid, belt, hydration pack. It is just so cool how they snap together and how they swallowed five wadded up blankets and a throw pillow to get an idea of the volume this system can swallow; and it is amazing. I can see how the weight can get up there quickly.

Hats off to Doc Hill. He was telling me it was something like eight or nine big boxes on standard sized pallets.

Just an awesome opportunity!

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: (of a possible 5 thumbs)

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Holy crap I'm late for the party!

When the smoke clears I'd like a pack if there are any still available. My old bug out bag is getting kind of ratty. Can pay now or whenever. Let me know!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Holy crap I'm late for the party!

When the smoke clears I'd like a pack if there are any still available. My old bug out bag is getting kind of ratty. Can pay now or whenever. Let me know!

Dude, you are right, late for the party. He won't have any main packs left except for damaged/repairable units.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just checked the thread and was surprised to see the stuff had come in. I have not received notice. When can I come in and pick my stuff up?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Just checked the thread and was surprised to see the stuff had come in. I have not received notice. When can I come in and pick my stuff up?

Ooops! :rolleyes: I never saw where I would receive notice when the products came in. It is a Group Buy after all, not a department store.

I don't know you, so I'll be polite: In the first post of this thread, it details how to contact Doc to arrange for pickup. I would suggest waiting until tomorrow during the day to do so as he has a family that is being EXTREMELY patient during this time of his generosity for our benefit.

Thanks and good luck..

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ooops! :rolleyes: I never saw where I would receive notice when the products came in. It is a Group Buy after all, not a department store.

I don't know you, so I'll be polite: In the first post of this thread, it details how to contact Doc to arrange for pickup. I would suggest waiting until tomorrow during the day to do so as he has a family that is being EXTREMELY patient during this time of his generosity for our benefit.

Thanks and good luck..

Thanks but no reply to a PM no phone number no address so I am not sure what to do.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    I believe it is post 117 where he says he's been getting slammed with pm's, and with a family and the holidays this is gonna be put on back burner for a while.

He also gives where to text to in red in the very first post.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I believe it is post 117 where he says he's been getting slammed with pm's, and with a family and the holidays this is gonna be put on back burner for a while.

He also gives where to text to in red in the very first post.

Ha, completely missed the number but saw the PM. Thanks. I am sure he wants to wait until after Christmas.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom