• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    But, since it is Easter weekend, and the thought of some massive stone being rolled away, and a dude walking away from being dead, sort of put me in the mood for a debate. I feel we should be allowed to curse if folks are allowed to consistently post about a mythological being, and chanting to the air for help.

I'd be fine if they left it at church, but when they plug it into government and the rest of social intercourse and start making demands that their religion get a say in the road we take, things get really scary.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have a card in my wallet, thank you. I really take this freedom stuff seriously.

I will advocate taking the Ten Commandments out of a government building while wearing a 1911 on my hip. The ACLU gets some things wrong, and gun owners get some things wrong. If both sides could get together, we'd really have a strong freedom movement.

Bunnies and Unicorns the American Communists & Leftists Union. They have rained more grief and needless litigation on this country than can be counted. You really have issues when it comes to religion. Im not religious particularly but I dont get it why some people are so hatefull against religion in general. I dont know if you got buggered by a priest or repressed or if your gay and Id prefer this place didnt get into religious discussions at all but your venom is no different than the rabid Jehovahs Witness's who get kicked off my porch.

Last edited by a moderator:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have a card in my wallet, thank you. I really take this freedom stuff seriously.

I will advocate taking the Ten Commandments out of a government building while wearing a 1911 on my hip. The ACLU gets some things wrong, and gun owners get some things wrong. If both sides could get together, we'd really have a strong freedom movement.

One more thing. Factoring out your zealous hatred of all things religious what prey tell do gun owners get wrong???

Its a different subject and by smearing all gun owners as religious you have just opened yourself up.
    As a disclaimer I havnt been in church since I got married about 2 decades ago.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So, are you trying to be more like Jesus or more like your fellow Christians?

The quote was in purple, indicating sarcasm, but... I'll bite.

Christian means "Christ-like", not "other people like", so frankly, I don't care to emulate other "Christians". Why? Because going to church doesn't make someone a Christian anymore that going to a garage makes someone a mechanic.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    There are plenty of "why this and not that" examples that we could discuss. As to swearing, Fenway decided, for whatever reason, that he doesn't want it on his board. I don't swear (well, maybe when I miss a nail and hit my hand with a hammer), and if I invite someone into my house I expect them not to swear. It's a respect thing. We've been invited into Fenway's "house" so we should obey his rules. If you want to know why the rules were established you can ask him directly.

There are other gun related message boards out there that don't have the same rules about swearing. However, they still have rules. Here's a quote from the opening page of one such message board.

You have no "rights" here.

This is a commercially operated website. You have no freedom of speech here nor any other Constitutionally protected rights. You are our guest as long as we allow it. We do not charge for the use of this board and we will suspend you at will. You may not conduct business on this board openly or privately without permission.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    This is not our forumn, we are just visitors and mus abid by any/all rules
    As a member in the United States Army Infantry fro 13 years now, I know i cuss a lot more than most, but I also know my surroundings as well. Its pretty easy not to cuss on the internet, I mean your typing not talking. If this was voice activated then I'd probably be kicked off a long time ago.

As for as talking about religion.....

11alvise.jpg

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    how about 300 baud? That was before crickets.

You know, after my episode with RedneckMedic, (my fault) I came to terms with the constant barrage of religious overtones, as it is yours, and their right to speak of it. But, since it is Easter weekend, and the thought of some massive stone being rolled away, and a dude walking away from being dead, sort of put me in the mood for a debate. I feel we should be allowed to curse if folks are allowed to consistently post about a mythological being, and chanting to the air for help.

Thank God for Cadbury and Reeces Eggs.

Why are you thanking someone you don't believe exists? Much less for some silly candy?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I just finished reading every post on this thread. Here's my thoughts. It's just pointless to argue with people who just don't believe. That's their choice. Fine. But, the way I see it, you'll all believe when the time comes. You'll know once you see all the hot burning flames around you.

And as for 360, I do like his posts, not this one, and I do like him. But, think about it, he's just proof that God has a sense of humor. :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So I just finished reading every post on this thread. Here's my thoughts. It's just pointless to argue with people who just don't believe. That's their choice. Fine. But, the way I see it, you'll all believe when the time comes. You'll know once you see all the hot burning flames around you.

I was there, but then I got out of California! Luckily it was only a visit, the Eagles were wrong!

Seriously though, from the opposite side of the spectrum, I don't argue with people who do believe because it's equally pointless and a waste of my time and energy. And really, I have no desire to get someone to not believe in a Deity or Deities. As long as their belief structure brings them comfort than why should I care? The only time I start caring is when they start insisting that I share their belief structure, and since most all of the belief structures out there are mutually exclusive, that's a losing game.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    There are plenty of "why this and not that" examples that we could discuss. As to swearing, Fenway decided, for whatever reason, that he doesn't want it on his board. I don't swear (well, maybe when I miss a nail and hit my hand with a hammer), and if I invite someone into my house I expect them not to swear. It's a respect thing. We've been invited into Fenway's "house" so we should obey his rules. If you want to know why the rules were established you can ask him directly.

There are other gun related message boards out there that don't have the same rules about swearing. However, they still have rules. Here's a quote from the opening page of one such message board.

Nobody can honestly claim to be an advocate of freedom of speech in public matters while opposing it in private matters. A freedom advocate doesn't only support it when he has to. For those who live it, an abiding devotion to freedom is seen in all facets of a person's life.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    But, since it is Easter weekend, and the thought of some massive stone being rolled away, and a dude walking away from being dead, sort of put me in the mood for a debate. I feel we should be allowed to curse if folks are allowed to consistently post about a mythological being, and chanting to the air for help.

So when you began with:

"Not trying to throw turds here..."

you really meant:

"Easter makes me throw turds at all you hopeless nitwits..."

Dude, for once I agree with Joe Williams.

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom