• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    360, heres an option for you.... Go start your own forum, with your own rules. That way you can use all the slang and "color" you want. Then, see how many people show up and stay on that forum and support it.
    I would think, from the overwhelming tone of the responses to this thread, your desire for what you refer to as "color" is acceptable to the minority. The Majority, and owner of the house, do not want it to be a part of the forum. That is not a matter of faith or non-faith. Nobody is stopping someone from sharing their opinion. With 1800+ posts, you should know that.
    So, I'm of the opinion as others, you meant nothing more than to "toss turds" as those of faith, at the approach of Easter. You're not the first, you will not be the last. But, you may want to actually read the Book you think is full of "fairy tales". (Phil 2:9-11)

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    360, heres an option for you.... Go start your own forum, with your own rules. That way you can use all the slang and "color" you want. Then, see how many people show up and stay on that forum and support it.

:+1: Came in to say this. Don't like what someone does with their property? Get some of your own.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Little brown ones.......but they taste like crap.

This made Gatorade come out of my nose.

Isn't it funny how those that insist that there is no God speak of him more than those who do.

Frankly, I never speak of the Loch Ness Monster.:dunno:

Never?:D

I actually have to explain this to you?

It was an analogy of YOUR house to Fenway's "house" ie: INGO.

Freedom of Speech, the 1st Amendment applies to the Government, not to a citizen setting boundaries on their personal property.

Another example. I assume you have an LTCH. That permits you to carry in the state of Indiana. Say you go to a friends house, who also owns guns, and is a 2nd Amendment supporter, but has small children. It would be well within his personal rights, on his personal property, to ask you to, say, take out the magazine, or keep it concealed, etc, in the interest of safety. This limits your rights in his HOUSE, which he has a right to, regardless of your LTCH, the 2nd, etc.

It does not make him a hypocrite any more than a 1st Amendment advocate asking that you show respect in his house and not curse in front of his family.

Freedom is not the absence of respect. That would be Anarchy.

I was wondering that myself.:n00b:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I know a few people that go to church every Sunday and are very colorful with the language.

Are those guys going to hell?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    One thing I think is kinda funny is how the religious members will jump right in and throw their opinions around, but many of the ones who aren't religious will let me stand on my own.

:runaway:Sorry dude.....I got here a bit late ;)

Being an apatheist means I just don't care. I don't shove my views on religion and spirituality on other folks even when some of them don't return the courtesy. I don't particularly care to support religion bashing even though I am not religious.

I admire your apathetic approach. I have a very difficult time remaining apathetic about anything. I can try and try, but my passion for societal norm qestioning eventually explodes into an opinionated frenzy. :laugh:

Not me. No one follows my religion. I'm a beaver worshiper.:Dsnip.

Holy Easter crap Batman.....me too!!:rockwoot:

snip.(Oh, and for the record? I am a "believer" but frankly I could not care less if you curse like a sailor. Words is just words :D )

:yesway:

You take a poll of Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheists, and maybe even Satanist or Wickens and you'll find that they would likely agree that such words are not acceptable in general public speech, especially in a family setting.

I will admit, I do get a little warm under the collar when I see someone post something as blatently disrespectful as you did in your other post (writing the statement over and over), but do respect that is your right granted to you in the First Ammendment. But remember, the same right that lets you do that, also lets me talk about my God in an open way without fear of persecution for it.

:scratch: So are you saying that the parameters of the first ammendment should be based on what the majority believes is okay? I feel like the Bill of Rights is there to protect the voice of the minorities more than anything..........................And IMO, you would be hard pressed to find a Satanist that looks down upon public swearing.:D

Of course it was. And not the only example of your bigotry on this board.

Wow, Joe threw out the bigot card:laugh::laugh:......it's kinda like an apple calling another apple an apple.

They're afraid to back you. Gun owners do not have a national reputation for being an open-minded samplers of opinion and conversation, and they are well known for being Protestant Christian, with all doctrinal conformity required by such denominations. Mobs lash out strongly at those who dissent, and the mob sees strength and safety in monolithic uniformity of thought. Those in the mob cannot afford to admit the possibility that the foundation for their entire lives, and the lives of their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents was also a lie. If that belief system is removed, the person faces a daunting abyss in contemplating a replacement moral structure. Far easier to silence the thinker and pretend that the discussion never occurred.

Remember, the same mob that killed Jesus for suggesting a different path will kill the next person who comes along suggesting that there's a path besides Jesus'. Ironic, isn't it?

Epistemologically speaking, the more core a belief, the more difficult it is to dislodge it and the stronger a person will resist its review.

:yesway: This this and this........:+1:

Jesus would have been awesome to hang around. Christians, not so much.

Yoink.........;)

:popcorn:

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know a few people that go to church every Sunday and are very colorful with the language.

Are those guys going to hell?

There are many people that attend church and call themselves Christian. It is my opinion many of those really don't get the whole thing of having a personal relationship with the Lord. There many attending churches and it has merely become the thing they do once a week as a social event. They have mostly forgotten why they are there in the first place.

It is not for us to say if they are going to hell. We do not know what is in their hearts.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Im still waiting for the aclu 357 to explain what parts gun owners get right and wrong.
    Doubt if I ever will get an awnser.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I was going to post something awhile back...but it came up..thread is closed.
    Now I see its back open...?...how does that happen...?...or was it thread is
    locked?....Now I don't know what I want to post....which may seem strange,
    but so has been many of these posts....I'll just have to say that after reading
    the bible for myself for over 30 years, an remembering where an how I was before
    coming to the cross I have found this thread to be entertaining to say the least...please don't judge me...I'm just trying to get to post #50...wishing All
    of you a great an safe weekend.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am enjoying all of the personal attacks from the folks who claim to be Christians.

So typical of them. That is exactly why I got out of it.

Darth Vader is Lord

There were Lords in the medieval times.

Wiki on the term Lord

Just say the word over and over out loud and listen to what a dumb sound it makes.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't get mad at me. Take it out on the rest of the country. Posts like that don't help, by the way.

There was not anger anywhere in my post and none is directed at you. Just an observation.

Try to find any of my posts with anger toward another poster in which I was actually angry and not talking out my butt or in jest.
    (politicians not so much)
    I thought you of all people would be more tolerant of my views. :dunno:

If I were here to help I would have said I was from the government and that you could trust me..... :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I was going to post something awhile back...but it came up..thread is closed.
    Now I see its back open...?...how does that happen...?...or was it thread is
    locked?....Now I don't know what I want to post....which may seem strange,
    but so has been many of these posts....I'll just have to say that after reading
    the bible for myself for over 30 years, an remembering where an how I was before
    coming to the cross I have found this thread to be entertaining to say the least...please don't judge me...I'm just trying to get to post #50...wishing All
    of you a great an safe weekend.
    VUPDblue closed it at some point. I fell asleep last night at about 4 pages, woke up this morning to about 12-13 pages, and it was closed, so I requested he reopen it to discussion as long as we all remain civil.

He obliged.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    One thing I think is kinda funny is how the religious members will jump right in and throw their opinions around, but many of the ones who aren't religious will let me stand on my own.

Maybe some of us realize how futile an enterprise it is to dissuade people - however deranged or mentally-ill they may be - who have built their entire lives around this mythical concept of the all-powerful invisible eternal man in the sky who stands ready to punish or reward... people who, for the most part, TRULY believe in that sort of insanity and in a less civilized age would be more than willing to kill those who don't indulge in their satisfying and contra-indicated delusions.

I'm not willing to deal with the onslaught of 'well-wishers' and soul-savers telling me that I'm surely resigned to an eternal high-temp cook-out simply because I don't share their deluded worldview and have, in not sharing their delusions, angered the mythical and petulant object of their desiring and fearful hallucination.

As I understand my life to be the only one I'll ever get in the history of time, I feel that I've a few better things to do than to try to reason or debate with anyone who refuses to take into consideration a different worldview, one without their precious delusion, for fear of de-stabilizing their own sense of self-identity or for whatever reason that they choose to ignore the world around them and to ascribe the beauty and mystery of nature to some incompetent, rageful, jealous deity. Life's too short by a far mile to spend my time doing that. So, yeah, when it comes to a losing proposition as you're proposing, I'm thinking that some people can understand the futility of such a proposition.

Don't poke the hornets. Let them build their hive and die out, but in the meanwhile, live side by side with them neither stinging nor being stung. In the end, one set shall surely stand vindicated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom