• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly, the people that voted to leave probably haven't consider the repercussion in doing so. While they ultimately might know what they think they want, getting there with the least amount of problems, might be difficult.
    England's entire economy is tied up in the EU. An exit would be quite interesting, as the EU could literally hold them hostage for economic deals. The alternative for the English would be to seek deals abroad. FAR abroad, making already expensive goods, more so. England ain't the United States; it can't stand on its own.

Go figure.

That could be why a republic is superior to a democracy.

I don't see the harm in a re-vote given the public is now much better informed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Honestly, the people that voted to leave probably haven't consider the repercussion in doing so. While they ultimately might know what they think they want, getting there with the least amount of problems, might be difficult.
    England's entire economy is tied up in the EU. An exit would be quite interesting, as the EU could literally hold them hostage for economic deals. The alternative for the English would be to seek deals abroad. FAR abroad, making already expensive goods, more so. England ain't the United States; it can't stand on its own.

Like I said, it being hard doesn't mean it shouldn't or couldn't be done. I'm not overly well informed on the issue, but the last few things I've read on the subject make it seem like it's a matter of democracy and independence, something we should applaud. Instead of being ruled by appointed politicos in Brussels, Brits want to be ruled by elected officials in their own country. Makes a good deal of sense to me, though I realize it's not that simple. I know, as with most things in life there is some good and some bad with exiting the EU. Hopefully there's enough good to it that it will be overall beneficial to the country, if it's ever done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like I said, it being hard doesn't mean it shouldn't or couldn't be done. I'm not overly well informed on the issue, but the last few things I've read on the subject make it seem like it's a matter of democracy and independence, something we should applaud. Instead of being ruled by appointed politicos in Brussels, Brits want to be ruled by elected officials in their own country. Makes a good deal of sense to me, though I realize it's not that simple. I know, as with most things in life there is some good and some bad with exiting the EU. Hopefully there's enough good to it that it will be overall beneficial to the country, if it's ever done.

For Britons there entry into the EU was poorly crafted in the first place. As the second strongest economy in the EU they should have leveraged barriers on a number of things the rest of the EU members were subject to. Immigration and the EU's interference in domestic policies first among them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For Britons there entry into the EU was poorly crafted in the first place. As the second strongest economy in the EU they should have leveraged barriers on a number of things the rest of the EU members were subject to. Immigration and the EU's interference in domestic policies first among them.

No argument here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Go figure.

That could be why a republic is superior to a democracy.

I don't see the harm in a re-vote given the public is now much better informed.

And if Remain fails to win, schedule another vote? At some point, it's time to lock up the engineers and put the sucker into production :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The 1st and 5th largest economies, the 1st and 2nd most powerful militaries, and the 1st and 2nd most important economic centers in the world - together again in special relationship 2.0! What's not to like?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I remember 1999, when we were all warned about the terror of massive computer failure due to the internal programming not going beyond 1999. Come New Years Day there would be mass pandemonium. Street lights would fail, hospital machines would stop working, factory automation would shut down. On and on an on the fear mongers went.

What happened? I think a town somewhere out west did have problems with their streetlights. I believe there was a hiccup with a factory up in Michigan. Maybe...?

The terror of a no deal Brexit is exactly the same kind of fearmongering as occurred in 1999. It will be nowhere near as bad as they say, but they will have issues.

Regards,

Doug

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I remember 1999, when we were all warned about the terror of massive computer failure due to the internal programming not going beyond 1999. Come New Years Day there would be mass pandemonium. Street lights would fail, hospital machines would stop working, factory automation would shut down. On and on an on the fear mongers went.

What happened? I think a town somewhere out west did have problems with their streetlights. I believe there was a hiccup with a factory up in Michigan. Maybe...?

The terror of a no deal Brexit is exactly the same kind of fearmongering as occurred in 1999. It will be nowhere near as bad as they say, but they will have issues.

Regards,

Doug
    What really happened was only a few tin-hat nutters were really that concerned. There was a lot of work done in advance and a lot of code review.

The difference is that was handled by a lot of competent engineers, whereas this is being handled by bungling politicians.

And there's probably more lines of text in those legal documents that need sorted out than there were lines of code to review.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    There are probably only a bare handful of INGO'ers, (other than you and I and T-Lex) who are even aware of this issue. Not on most people's radar and, (if you follow Trumps lead on it) most haven't a clue.

Count me as one of the INGO'ers that knows & understands the Brexit issue. I hope that the MP's hold firm on a "no-deal" (no sellout) Brexit, give Theresa May the boot, and get rid of the globalists in their midst. I worry that if the deadline passes, there might be a forced 2nd referendum which would probably kill Brexit and restore globalist control over the UK. So much can go wrong when your country is disarmed and traitors within are unafraid to sell everyone out for the sake of the "new world order".

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Count me as one of the INGO'ers that knows & understands the Brexit issue. I hope that the MP's hold firm on a "no-deal" (no sellout) Brexit, give Theresa May the boot, and get rid of the globalists in their midst. I worry that if the deadline passes, there might be a forced 2nd referendum which would probably kill Brexit and restore globalist control over the UK. So much can go wrong when your country is disarmed and traitors within are unafraid to sell everyone out for the sake of the "new world order".

Did they tell you all about it at your QAnon meeting?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Ignoring the globalist thing, you do realize that the post you replied to was over two years old, right?

By now, pretty much every INGO'er is aware.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    May survives. Starting meetings with other MPs to see what can be done to make a compromise and get a cleaner Brexit.

I never doubted it. She's the sacrificial lamb in this. If they pulled her, someone else would have to put their head on the block. I'm guessing the list of volunteers was ... short

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They could have gone with Boris, but I doubt he wanted to join the Light Brigade at this point in the charge. He'll be looking to pick up the pieces after the dust settles, though. I don't know what to make of him. He kind of reminds me of a British Gary Hart, he doesn't seem to take anything seriously

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    They could have gone with Boris, but I doubt he wanted to join the Light Brigade at this point in the charge. He'll be looking to pick up the pieces after the dust settles, though. I don't know what to make of him. He kind of reminds me of a British Gary Hart, he doesn't seem to take anything seriously

Boris really is close to Bill Clinton. He knows which way the wind is blowing and tries to get in front of it. He jumped ship once he saw that the lift was too hard.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Regards,

Doug

Well... you do know nothing happened y2k, because there was a **** ton of work done in the years before that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom