• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Get the behind me, you demonic creatures!!

A Glock with a factory trigger that wasn't designed by Spongebob Squarepants. Sights that are like Trijicons but aren't sharp (and we know how you and sharp get along). That new pistol smell...

th11.jpg

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I ran a couple hundred rounds through my new G19 side by side with my gen 3.

Meh.

Pro: I liked the grips. The Glock factory night sights were fine. Solid reset on the trigger. Mag release was an improvement.
    Cons: Need to adjust the sights. Trigger pull is not as good as I'd like. Wasn't shooting it as fast or as accurately as my gen 3.

wildcatdd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Noblesville

Meh.

Pro: I liked the grips. The Glock factory night sights were fine. Solid reset on the trigger. Mag release was an improvement.
    Cons: Need to adjust the sights. Trigger pull is not as good as I'd like. Wasn't shooting it as fast or as accurately as my gen 3.

Did you notice any accuracy improvements with the new barrel?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I ran a couple hundred rounds through my new G19 side by side with my gen 3.Meh.Pro: I liked the grips. The Glock factory night sights were fine. Solid reset on the trigger. Mag release was an improvement.Cons: Need to adjust the sights. Trigger pull is not as good as I'd like. Wasn't shooting it as fast or as accurately as my gen 3.
    Man I had the opposite result, I shoot the gen 5 much more accurately and quicker than my gen 3. Nothing wrong with the 3 but I like the 5 much better.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Meh.

Give it time. In my opinion the trigger configuration used in the G42/G43/17M/Gen5 improves with time more so than previous generations.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;ICGdMG7XF6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICGdMG7XF6c[/video]

[video=youtube;MYitHMrnCQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYitHMrnCQw&feature=em-uploademail[/video]

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK, I'll be "that guy"... I've decided I like my CZ P-10 C better, and I'm probably keeping just one of them. The only thing I don't prefer (other than the smaller ecosystem) is the extra weight. Other that that, (for ME...): it points better, fits better, trigger's better, is easier to rack, and (dare I say, because it means so little), looks better. Honestly, there's really nothing I'd change about the P-10 C other than to make it really fit ALL Glock 19 holsters and sights.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    OK, I'll be "that guy"... I've decided I like my CZ P-10 C better, and I'm probably keeping just one of them. The only thing I don't prefer (other than the smaller ecosystem) is the extra weight. Other that that, (for ME...): it points better, fits better, trigger's better, is easier to rack, and (dare I say, because it means so little), looks better. Honestly, there's really nothing I'd change about the P-10 C other than to make it really fit ALL Glock 19 holsters and sights.
    To each their own, there's a whole thread full of CZ lovers! How much are mags for the p-10c?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    To each their own, there's a whole thread full of CZ lovers! How much are mags for the p-10c?

33 dollars generally but they are all steel mags vs the steel line plastic. I have a p10c and have shot the gen 5 glock. Both are great pistols. I will probably carry the glock just because that matches my duty gun.

I personally think the gen 5 is a great feeling pistol and much closer to what glock should have done in the gen 4s. All around good improvements.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm a Glock guy but there is certainly nothing wrong with this either.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    33 dollars generally but they are all steel mags vs the steel line plastic. I have a p10c and have shot the gen 5 glock. Both are great pistols. I will probably carry the glock just because that matches my duty gun.

I personally think the gen 5 is a great feeling pistol and much closer to what glock should have done in the gen 4s. All around good improvements.

True on the steel, I like my beretta because of the high quality mec gars but factory mags are $$$. The Gen 5 probably should have been the Gen 3 if they could go back in time, all the improvements without the flashbacks. Lol

Top Bottom