• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Geez man, he's hitting at 50ft and better! I mean, he hit all those 2-liters first shot. I guess I'm just easy to impress? LMAO

He's an excellent shot, but he does frequently miss a few times per video. My perception is that he missed more than normal? You tell me? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've carried both my P-10 C and G19 Gen 5 around the house for a couple days. The CZ has been riding in custom Kydex from Blackpoint Tactical; the Glock in a Safariland ALS CD7 7378. Even though I like the CZ better, it might come down to holsters. The ALS is more comfortable, convenient, and secure. If I knew Safariland would make one for the CZ, it would be a slam-dunk, but those holsters cost $50,000 apiece to develop tooling for every new gun model, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

The logistics and support of Glock ownership, for me, overcomes a lot of whatever the marginal differences are for the competitors.

I stick with Sig for hammer fired for the same reason. Magazines are easily available and inexpensive. Holsters, after market sights, and maintenance parts are easy to acquire and you have lots of options.

It would take a huge improvement in terms of how well something shot to make me seriously consider switching platforms, given the logistics I already have in place for the guns I own.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Uh-oh, coming for the Gen 5 G19?

11683_01_lg.jpg

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-compact

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    SPECIFICATIONS

[FONT=&amp]SKU: 11683
    Model: M&P®9 M2.0™ Compact
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 15+1
    Barrel Length: 4" / 10.2 cm

Overall Length: 7.3"
    Front Sight: Steel - White Dot
    Rear Sight: Steel - White Two Dot
    Action: Striker Fire

Grip: Polymer
    Weight: 24.0 oz / 680.4g
    Barrel Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
    Slide Material: Stainless Steel - Armornite® Finish
    Frame Material: Polymer
    Purpose: Home Protection, Personal Protection

[/FONT]

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I like the changes Glock made for this gun, but is it enough for me to trade in my Gen 3 guns? No, not at all. I'd also like to wait to make sure all the kinks are worked out before I think about getting one.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Just picked up our Gen5 19 today, the trigger seems very nice! Will take it Friday for a spin and check back in!psyko

Congrats Mr. Jenkins!
    I got one and love it!
    Mine's very accurate and has 700 rounds through it already, no issues.
    Seemed to get more accurate around the 400 round mark or could just be me

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a M&P FS 9 for awhile. I tried to warm up to it and I just couldn't get it to work for me. I consistently shot to the left, the trigger feel was not what I am used to(normally shoot a 1911), and that was with the Apex kit. So I sold it.

Now, a few years later I have purchased a CZ 75 out of their custom shop. Nice for sure. Nicer than the M&P, yes. But again I still can't warm up to it.

I have this thinking that I should have at least one high capacity handgun.

But getting all excited about this new Gen 5 G17 or 19? Am I making another potential purchase that ultimately I won't like?

Oh, and the compact M&P does look interesting. I have a Shield but if this new compact is small enough...:)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had a M&P FS 9 for awhile. I tried to warm up to it and I just couldn't get it to work for me. I consistently shot to the left, the trigger feel was not what I am used to(normally shoot a 1911), and that was with the Apex kit. So I sold it.

Now, a few years later I have purchased a CZ 75 out of their custom shop. Nice for sure. Nicer than the M&P, yes. But again I still can't warm up to it.

I have this thinking that I should have at least one high capacity handgun.

But getting all excited about this new Gen 5 G17 or 19? Am I making another potential purchase that ultimately I won't like?

Oh, and the compact M&P does look interesting. I have a Shield but if this new compact is small enough...:)

If you haven't been able to warm up to the M&P or the CZ your odds of warming up to the Gen5 aren't very good. Most people who pick up a Glock will shoot it left and/or low initially (right handed shooter). Any double action handgun is going to be a bit more challenging to shoot accurately than a single action, especially a quality 1911. They just aren't the same animal, you're going to have to have more than just a fleeting desire to own one to master the platform, it will take a decent amount of work to get comfortable with it and the different grip angle isn't going to help either.

I love the new M/Gen5 pistols but I'm a Glock guy. I don't see any of the changes being so significant that they will convert many non Glock folks over to the dark side. I'd definitely wait to shoot someone else's before dropping the money one yourself.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Someone already sold a Gen 5 G19 in the classifieds!

I just don't understand this. I totally get that a LNIB gun is not the same value as a NIB gun. But the seller had to have at least $580 in the gun itself (unless he bought it on LE/MIL discount), plus $100 in the sights....and he is selling for $500??? Some people must just be ooozing money to take a $180 +/- loss on a gun just to have tried it out. Kudos to the seller for giving another INGO member a DEAL and whomever bought it got a STEAL!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just don't understand this. I totally get that a LNIB gun is not the same value as a NIB gun. But the seller had to have at least $580 in the gun itself (unless he bought it on LE/MIL discount), plus $100 in the sights....and he is selling for $500??? Some people must just be ooozing money to take a $180 +/- loss on a gun just to have tried it out. Kudos to the seller for giving another INGO member a DEAL and whomever bought it got a STEAL!

Let's not complain about a good deal. :)

Don't want to get into much commentary about our friend the seller, but I believe there is a mil/leo element involved. Possibly dealer/wholesale elements too. Good for him for passing along the value! :ingo:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I don't know Gen 5 LE pricing, but I can tell you that I've never paid more than $398 + tax for a new Blue Label Glock. The long slide and 10mm/45 models are a bit more.

Top Bottom