• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The G44 will be a great gun with just a few tweaks and adjustments.

Like Replacing the-

1. Barrel
    2. Channel Liner
    3. Connector
    4. Extractor
    5. Extractor Depressor Plunger
    6. Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring
    7. Firing Pin
    8. Firing Pin Safety
    9. Firing Pin Safety Spring
    10. Firing Pin Spring
    11. Front Sight
    12. Guide Rod
    13. Locking Block
    14. Locking Block Pin
    15. Magazine
    16. Magazine Base Pad
    17. Magazine Body
    18. Magazine Catch
    19. Magazine Catch Spring
    20. Magazine Follower
    21. Magazine Insert
    22. Magazine Spring
    23. Rear Sight
    24. Receiver
    25. Recoil Spring
    26. Slide
    27. Slide Cover Plate
    28. Slide Lock
    29. Slide Lock Spring
    30. Slide Stop Lever
    31. Spacer Sleeve
    32. Spring Cups
    33. Spring-Loaded Bearing
    34. Trigger Housing Pin
    35. Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector
    36. Trigger Pin
    37. Trigger Spring
    38. Trigger with Trigger Bar

....with Glock 17 parts.

Now sell the G17 and use the money toward a nice dependable Sig p226 of any variation.
    You're Welcome. :wavey:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The G44 will be a great gun with just a few tweaks and adjustments.

Like Replacing the-

1. Barrel
    2. Channel Liner
    3. Connector
    4. Extractor
    5. Extractor Depressor Plunger
    6. Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring
    7. Firing Pin
    8. Firing Pin Safety
    9. Firing Pin Safety Spring
    10. Firing Pin Spring
    11. Front Sight
    12. Guide Rod
    13. Locking Block
    14. Locking Block Pin
    15. Magazine
    16. Magazine Base Pad
    17. Magazine Body
    18. Magazine Catch
    19. Magazine Catch Spring
    20. Magazine Follower
    21. Magazine Insert
    22. Magazine Spring
    23. Rear Sight
    24. Receiver
    25. Recoil Spring
    26. Slide
    27. Slide Cover Plate
    28. Slide Lock
    29. Slide Lock Spring
    30. Slide Stop Lever
    31. Spacer Sleeve
    32. Spring Cups
    33. Spring-Loaded Bearing
    34. Trigger Housing Pin
    35. Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector
    36. Trigger Pin
    37. Trigger Spring
    38. Trigger with Trigger Bar

....with Glock 17 parts.

Now sell the G17 and use the money toward a nice dependable Sig p226 of any variation.
    You're Welcome. :wavey:

But then your stuck with a Sig. :dunno:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Just picked one up in a trade today. Seems to be unfired or very little. Hoping to shoot it tomorrow. Have tons of 36 gr ammo that all my others 22s love. If it doesn’t like the ammo it’s gonna be moving on to someone else. Count on one or two rounds per thousand to be duds but more than that isn’t acceptable to me

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    So far, I have only 2/810 rounds FTF (fire) using 7 different brands of good ammo. (.002469 % failure rate)

That's 0.2469%, mister. :D

2/810 = 2 divided by 810 = .002469 (or about 1/4 of 1%)
    You are correct in that I should NOT have put the % sign after the .002469 number since that changes the number by 2 place values.
    A % already indicates .xx 2 place values and less than 1 (Example: 25% = .25 = 1/4)
    I'm not a math teacher so I can't explain it any better & perhaps I have not explained it correctly other than to know I should not have put % sign after the .002469.
    :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    More range time & up to 860 rounds total now.
    Today I used Federal Champion: 36 grain hollow point, HV, Value Pack 525 rounds.
    I did this b/c I'd read where the 44 would not shoot hollow points and since I had done it w/o issue before, I wanted another few rounds with HP.
    NO issues again (only 2 previously using proper ammo), but it did have a failure to lock the slide back 1 time.
    So far, my appraisal is that it is not an accurate gun but is like many/most of them out there that do fine.
    Even using a rest, the shots will be all over the place, which is normal for a "plinker" but not acceptable as a target gun (which it does not claim to be but does say it has a "match barrel.").
    Even the normal guns like SW Victory, Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mark Series shoot better for me by being more consistent (which is the hallmark of a really good shooter imo) & tighter with the groups.

From someone who enjoys everything from a Beretta Neos, Beretta M9-22, nearly all the 1911-22 types, SW MP compact, and even some older guns that shot very well: this Glock 44 is in the middle average range, not as bad as some and not as good as others, & nowhere near the "better" grade of shooters.
    I suspect that the Taurus TX probably shoots as well from what I've heard.
    I've only shot the Taurua TX once (with a red dot), but I doubt if I'll buy one unless the price is too good to pass up the opportunity to play with one.
    But, I've heard it is a good plinker and not anywhere near a target level, like the 44 seems to be.

I still love it, & have no intention of selling it at this time.
    The elevation is adjusted all the way down but needs 1 more click for my eyes.
    I have to shoot at a 6 o'clock position to get on target, but haven't really found the "sweet spot" yet b/c it is inconsistent with the POI for me.
    Just like I was shooting a little to the right at 21' on target #4, but not on target #5.
    Yet that didn't show up at 30' (except on target #2 a little), which I thought was just me.
    I didn't have time to shoot another like this one on a rest with free hand to see if the results were different: next time.

All shot on a rest. (I cringe thinking what I'll do free hand)
    gMW797W.jpg

Last edited:

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    More range time & up to 860 rounds total now.
    Today I used Federal Champion: 36 grain hollow point, HV, Value Pack 525 rounds.
    I did this b/c I'd read where the 44 would not shoot hollow points and since I had done it w/o issue before, I wanted another few rounds with HP.
    NO issues again (only 2 previously using proper ammo), but it did have a failure to lock the slide back 1 time.
    So far, my appraisal is that it is not an accurate gun but is like many/most of them out there that do fine.
    Even using a rest, the shots will be all over the place, which is normal for a "plinker" but not acceptable as a target gun (which it does not claim to be but does saw it has a "match barrel.").
    Even the normal guns like SW Victory, Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mark Series shoot better for me by being more consistent (which is the hallmark of a really good shooter imo) & tighter with the groups.

From someone who enjoys everything from a Beretta Neos, Beretta M9-22, nearly all the 1911-22 types, SW MP compact, and even some older guns that shot very well: this Glock 44 is in the middle average range, not as bad as some and not as good as others, & nowhere near the "better" grade of shooters.
    I suspect that the Taurus TX probably shoots as well from what I've heard.
    I've only shot the Taurua TX once (with a red dot), but I doubt if I'll buy one unless the price is too good to pass up the opportunity to play with one.
    But, I've heard it is a good plinker and not anywhere near a target level, like the 44 seems to be.

I still love it, & have no intention of selling it at this time.
    The elevation is adjusted all the way down but needs 1 more click for my eyes.
    I have to shoot at a 6 o'clock position to get on target, but haven't really found the "sweet spot" yet b/c it is inconsistent with the POI for me.
    Just like I was shooting a little to the right at 21' on target #4, but not on target #5.
    Yet that didn't show up at 30' (except on target #2 a little), which I thought was just me.
    I didn't have time to shoot another like this one on a rest with free hand to see if the results were different: next time.

All shot on a rest. (I cringe thinking what I'll do free hand)
    gMW797W.jpg

Thanks for the review/feedback!
    The G44 has been on my watchlist for a little bit now but just waiting to see a few more write ups like this one before jumping on one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Up to 930 rounds with the Glock 44 with only 2 issues. Today I had one that didn't fire, but did so 2nd time through.
    Light strikes is something I have read about online, and there have been a few (only 1 today & none yesterday that I remember).
    I made a claim yesterday that the Ruger Series (along with other major brands) was more accurate than the Glock 44.
    I had limited time to put that to the test with a Ruger Mark 3 (I picked up as a non-optic .22LR) today with these 2 pics.
    You can be the judge, but they seem to take turns outshooting the other.
    I used the same Federal Champion, 36 grain hollow point, HV, Value Pack ammo as yesterday.

Very close between the two.
    30' on the targets with three circles, & 21' (I wrote 20' by mistake) on the numbers below them.
    Glock is still mostly shooting a little high, & I can't adjust the elevation down anymore (read about that online as well).
    I'll need to stop using a "center hold" & go to a "6 o'clock hold" or even the "sub 6 hold" to make up for the elevation issue.
    All rounds from a rest.
    nKGcQGF.jpg

Everything was at 21' not 20' that I mistakenly wrote.
    Again, the Glock 44 seems to be holding its own, sometimes edging out the Ruger Mark 3.
    As noted, the Ruger "head" shots, I seemed to have lost my adjustment that I had on the bottom right.
    At 21' the Glock shooting high doesn't show up as much, but it is still there.
    All rounds on a rest.
    lAqF1Ss.jpg

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There are much better, choices for the money, out there than the Glock 44, especially if one wants a .22 suppressor ready.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are much better, choices for the money, out there than the Glock 44, especially if one wants a .22 suppressor ready.

I totally get what you are saying. :popcorn:
    I am amazed that I am enjoying this gun so much since it is so light, which probably explains why I don't shoot it any better than I do.
    I learned with different CZs that I've owned (9 total now), that every time I got one 6 ounces heavier than the last one, my accuracy improved. :dunno:

I am nearly to 1000 rounds and it has been nearly flawless, with only 2 stovepipes, and that is with ammo I don't usually use anyway b/c it is problematic.
    I've even put through the "dreaded" hollow points w/o issue.
    I get light strikes every once in a while, but not with my better ammo.
    But, you are right, there are better choices out there: I've owned them!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey doddg, I put a couple of mags through your G44 yesterday. Thanks. I can't believe how light weight it is.

It was very kind of him to let us out rounds through his.

Speaking of yesterday, I had some fun forcing failures to occur. The 44 seems to be very sensitive to things like your grip. Limp wrist even a little and it’s easy to induce failures to feed and failures to eject. For me, if I slack on my grip at all it goes from reliable to not at all.

Some thoughts from why I learned yesterday:

-there are some ammo that they just won’t like. It’s a 22 and that part doesn’t phase me at all.
    -if anything slows that slide down, expect a malfunction
    -it’s incredibly easy to limp wrist, doing so causing malfunctions. You can limp wrist this to the point where the slide will barely blow back.
    -some ammo runs fine through the magazines, some ammo doesn’t. For instance, I could not get Aguila Rifle Match to properly move up the magazine. It wasn’t nose diving to cause the misfeed, it simply wasn’t coming up fast enough. Rough guess, something to do with the coating on the rounds.

I know this sounds weird, but if it holds true as I get to test more the sensitivity to limp wristing may be the best part about the Glock 44. It seem currently that it won’t let you skate by with a “good enough” grip like the larger calibers will. I’m excited to continue experimenting with this lone of thought.

The 44 is staying on my purchase list.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey doddg, I put a couple of mags through your G44 yesterday. Thanks. I can't believe how light weight it is.

Hey gm, I laughed when I read that thinking you were just referring to any 44 then I read the next post from Areoflyer. :laugh:

glad you enjoyed it!
    I told Areoflyer To put 500 rounds through it and just keep track of the number of rounds and any stove pipes or whatever.
    Since this is the first gun I bought knew anybody even cared about such things I’m having fun keeping good records.

I bought one of my very first 22 pistols, actually a revolver, off him and half the guns now I own are his “leftovers.”
    My favorite revolver, pistol and rifle were all are bought off of him.
    Of course, you GM, are to blame for me buying the Shadow 2: the most expensive one I have.✅

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A lot of comments on how light the G44 is. I will have to hold one for myself. I do like having a 22lr version of my centerfire handguns. Like my PPK/S in 22lr I was shooting yesterday . But in this case the weight is very similar to my 380 version.

I have a G34 and G48 which I consider to be fairly light guns but sounds like the G44 is a featherweight.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    A lot of comments on how light the G44 is. I will have to hold one for myself. I do like having a 22lr version of my centerfire handguns. Like my PPK/S in 22lr I was shooting yesterday . But in this case the weight is very similar to my 380 version.

I have a G34 and G48 which I consider to be fairly light guns but sounds like the G44 is a featherweight.

12-13oz, I think.

Top Bottom