Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'll come out

index.php

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Criminals will be criminals and I wish there was a way to describe them as so in the media. We are all "the same" until something like this happens and then sides are chosen and we get the safe labels and other descriptions posted that are noticeably missing when the roles are changed. I refuse to watch the video and hope the little perpetrators are made to pay dearly for their unwarranted and unnecessary violent acts.

gentlemen

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2015
    williamsport
    I'm more interested in social services getting involved with the victims parents than the attackers parents.

The attackers, well, if you don't expect that kind of behavior from that group in 2015 you're just naive. You can't even go to my local Kroger anymore without seeing an African American beating their kids in public, getting in the face of a minimum wage worker over a trivial thing, etc. Pretend it's not happening, call everyone who speaks about the epidemic racist, and make excuses; that's modern racial politics.

Alas, the victims' parents; sending your white children to a ghetto african american-dominated park is akin to sending your children to an abusive adult for babysitting. It's child abuse.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm more interested in social services getting involved with the victims parents than the attackers parents.

The attackers, well, if you don't expect that kind of behavior from that group in 2015 you're just naive. You can't even go to my local Kroger anymore without seeing an African American beating their kids in public, getting in the face of a minimum wage worker over a trivial thing, etc. Pretend it's not happening, call everyone who speaks about the epidemic racist, and make excuses; that's modern racial politics.

Alas, the victims' parents; sending your white children to a ghetto african american-dominated park is akin to sending your children to an abusive adult for babysitting. It's child abuse.

Took 20 whole posts to get here, huh?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

You know the victim's stepfather is black, right? And he is just as disgusted by the behavior of the attacker as we all are. He is actually being level headed about it though, saying that he's 34 and can't do anything to the attacker himself even though he would like to. Probably a lot more rational than I would be in his situation.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

What follows is a little story about a very unwise, albeit extremely enlightening experience I chose to partake in some years ago.

It was during Reagans second term that I was in California, stationed at Camp Pendleton. A good friend of mine, Cary, who I knew in high school was a civilian. His family had moved to southern California and we were thrilled to see each other again. We hung out on weekends and enjoyed the free California living.

One weekend a guy in the platoon, Charles, had nothing to do. Charles is black. As I had nothing much planned I called Cary and asked if it was OK for Charles to hang out with us. He was cool with it so Charles and I were off to Carys house. We were young and impulsive, so although we had no plans we were certain we could come up with something. After all, it was California in the summer. What could go wrong?

Upon our meeting up with Cary we were discussing our plans for that Saturday afternoon. Cary mentioned we could hang out with a couple of friends of his. They were Mexican and would we be OK with that? Well, Charles and I were in a platoon with a variety of ethnic backgrounds so we were cool. We were even lucky the Mexicans had their own car so they would drive.

They show up and off we go. Now we are ALL discussing what to do and where to go. As I hadn't seen much of California yet outside of Pendleton, Oceanslime, and San Clemente I had the bright idea of the Mexicans giving us a tour of their neighborhood. Now, I am white, and yes, I was white then too. I was also much more naive. The Mexicans were somewhat reluctant to give the "tour" but as no one had any better ideas we decided to travel to the Mexican side of town somewhere on the southside of LA. (I will get to the point here quick)

As we are touring their neighborhood and getting a lesson in LA Survival 101 they ask us to lean way back in the seat, so as not to be noticed. So OK, we lean back in the seat. As we are going through this poor section of town we pass a park, at least they called it a "park." Picture a totally flat, square city block with NOTHING on it, just the four (4) corners filled with grass. The entire flat park is double bisected by a sidewalk, so there are four (4) squares of grass with a two (2) sidewalks, one (1) sidewalk going north south, the other going east west.

There were lots of people, mostly young teenagers standing around in the grass just hanging out and chatting as teenagers with no money to spend would do. The freakiest thing I ever saw was as we were driving by one of the sidewalks the colour changed! It went from white to black! When we turned the corner and I continued looking it went from black to white again! I mean it was DOWN THE LINE colour change! I asked our tour guides what was up with that? They explained that each "race" had its own, separate corner. Blacks, whites, latinos, and asians. If you were one of those races you could hang out in your own corner. Apparently all the kids watched Star Trek, so the sidewalks were the "Neutral Zone." Anyone of any race could walk down the sidewalk, but you could only stand on grass in your skin colour. When I asked what would happen if someone stepped into an area that wasn't their skin tone I got the dumb guy look, "They'll beat the :poop: out of you, maybe kill you" both said almost in unison. They were not kidding. You could watch the colour of people change just by driving your car by a park in LA.

That is when it occurred to me why they wanted us to lean back in the seat - we were the most racially mixed vehicle probably within a mile! Two (2) white guys, one (1) black guy, and two (2) latinos. I have no idea what kind of repercussions they may have faced if anyone identified them with such a crowd in the back?

The idea of people claiming part of a park is disturbing but after my tour of LA in the mid 80's it really doesn't surprise me. Indiana just isn't as progressive as California I guess...?:dunno:

Regards,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Nice entry/exit there new guy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No one should be discouraged from using a public park. Perhaps we should have an INGO cookout now that the weather is better.

Can we have bratwurst? If you're grillin' bratwurst, I'll be there.

Seriously, though, let's pick a date and do this. I'll bring my own brats.

Top Bottom