• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I just get the eye roll. If I try to explain to her what type of gun it is/why it was such a great deal/etc. she just says "they all look the same to me". Now when I go the 1500 and come home empty handed she just asks "what happened?"

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    My wife is all about buying stuff on sale/clearance. She can't control herself even if its $hit she don't need. She bought a briefcase from wilson's 2 years ago and all she could say to justify herself was "but it was 75% off". And until this day that damn thing has sat in the closet. So I keep tabs and when ever I want a new gun I simply say but it was on sale and I then I collect those tabs and throw em in her face. And in case your wondering, no i still don't have half the guns I want. Dad keeps telling me thats marriage.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    My Eotech XPS should be here tomorrow.... Im already up to my ears in debt.... Wonder how much I get yelled at when my wife and mother team up on me when the bill comes in? I gotta discount! only 412.57 to my door! lol Bet that wont help me would it?
    On a brighter note Its going on an odd but perfectly wonderfull weapon. My VZ-58.... Its gonna be sweet! I cant wait to post pix! This has been a years worth of upgrades and Ive waited since march for this Eotech to be released.

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    The last gun purchase I made was a pretty simple discussion:

Me: I'm getting that rifle I told you about from our friend's father.
    Her: Isn't it close to Christmas to be buying yourself stuff?
    Me: Yep, just like my birthday yesterday. I am considering it your present to me.
    Her: Your birthday was yesterday! I'm sorry!

and the purchase before that:

Me: I am going to the show to get a new pistol this weekend.
    Her: Will it kill the budget?
    Me: Nope, I set aside money for it.
    Her: Bring me back some venison or buffalo jerky too.

I guess I'm lucky like that - with the exception of having the only fiance in the world that is horrible with remembering dates. Don't let my name fool you, I am a man named Lynn, my fiance is the woman.

- Lynn

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I guess I'm lucky

My wife bought me a Savage LRPV last year. Her idea! We looked for one at Gander Mtn (of all places) and they said they could order it. I decided not to do it but as we headed for the door she said "c'mon, let's order it. I'll pay for it"! I did have to buy the scope but I can live with that! :D

About 2 hours ago, she was looking at the Indpls Fire Dept. bulletin board and found 4 guns for sale. She has called the seller about one of them.

What's a guy to do? :dunno:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Do you really "NEED" another gun?

That is usually what I hear when a new toy follows me home. I always reply with one of the following:

It is not a NEED it is a WANT, we didn't NEED a house this big or nice.

When they start making "Shoe Safes" I'll buy you one for your toys.

I hate reloading so I NEED enough guns that I don't have to reload at the range.

The guy at the gun store told me I needed it.

This is not "another gun", it is the latest addition to my growing collection that I will leave to our daughter so in a way I am "doing it for the children".

Wife usually doesn't ask any more, she knows it has little or no effect.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Ofcourse if it makes it to the gun cabinet without being noticed, then it was always there, I've had it for years, it was my dad's/grandpa's or

I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT THAT GUN WHEN I BOUGHT IT! DON'T YOU LISTEN TO ANYTHING I TELL YOU?

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    My Eotech XPS should be here tomorrow.... Im already up to my ears in debt....

And I saw in another post that you were putting it on your credit card. Not trying to tell you how to live your life by any means, just some friendly advice. Don't ever go into debt over a hobby. I could justify 1 gun for self defense on a credit card at best. It's not worth it man. If you can't buy it cash, you don't need it.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    no yelling

just sneak it into the safe, and later just say they are multiplying(or thats been here for years) ... guns having babies :) or something

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    changed atitude

The first one made her absolutely furious and got me a couple months in the doghouse -- individual gun ownership is illegal where she grew up.

So I took her along to the range most of the time and she fell in love with a left-hand Lakefield .22 I put a rimfire scope on -- shoots better with it than I do, and she's a righty. I never get to shoot that one if she's with me.

Now it's either "My God, another one?" or "When do I get to try it?" WIN.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    If I start hearing static for buying anything I usually just bring up the $450 Cutco knives purchase, or start adding up the thousands of dollars worth of Longerberger baskets planted all over my house.

Oddly though, I told her I needed to get some ammo ordered, due to the recent price increases, and she said "can you take me shooting?" This was after she saw Kate, from John & Kate +8 shooting guns at some ranch on TV.

It's all about timing......

Top Bottom