• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    You bring the new addition home in it's case. Let it sit in the garage for a week and build up some dust. "This old thing....had it for ages..." ;)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You bring the new addition home in it's case. Let it sit in the garage for a week and build up some dust. "This old thing....had it for ages..." ;)

Of course that's the norm, and very successful. But what do you do when you walk in the door and your 6 year old YELLS AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS:

"MOMMY, LOOK AT THE PINK RIFLE DADDY JUST GOT FOR ME!!!"

Yeah, couch, week. And I negotiated down to that punishment too.

Ratted out by a 6 year old... :xmad:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Of course that's the norm, and very successful. But what do you do when you walk in the door and your 6 year old YELLS AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS:

"MOMMY, LOOK AT THE PINK RIFLE DADDY JUST GOT FOR ME!!!"

Yeah, couch, week. And I negotiated down to that punishment too.

Ratted out by a 6 year old... :xmad:

LOL, remember this story for the day she comes to you and says daddy can I have a car?

:ingo:

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Her Reaction: "Seriously...you have a SICKNESS! This is just too much, I really do think you need to get help... How many do you have again? Why?! Why would you need another?!"

My response: "Isn't it cool? Been lookin for one of these for awhile..."

tcshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    brought home a $1800 28 ga O/U and a new S&W 4 mag Mountain gun I only paid $400 for....she only had 2 things to say....

Man this is nice (as she handled each one)
    When are we gonna go shoot em??

My buddy was with me....asked if she has a sister....

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I usually get the .....And why did you need a new one????
    But Our rule is my "money my choice.........Her money her choice". So it is all good

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    "You paid how much for that machine gun!? You could have put that money in a savings account."
    "And in six months my savings account would make about $10.00. I sold this and doubled my money. Now show me a bank account that will do that in one year and I'll stop buying guns."

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    Great post! I like to complete the purchase, pay for it, and see who finds out first. If I time it right and there are a bunch of bills being paid at the same time then that camoflages the purchase. When she sees the hit to the bank account and starts asking questions then I say, "What are you doing snooping around the accounts?" LOL. My kids will give me up quickest especailly my daughter.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Great post! I like to complete the purchase, pay for it, and see who finds out first. If I time it right and there are a bunch of bills being paid at the same time then that camoflages the purchase. When she sees the hit to the bank account and starts asking questions then I say, "What are you doing snooping around the accounts?" LOL. My kids will give me up quickest especailly my daughter.

Ground them to there rooms on the night of a purchase, that will fix that!! :D

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    My fiance doesn't mind me buying a new gun as long as our bills are paid for the month. And when Ido bring a new gun home she wants to know when we are gonna go shooting next. I also let her buy clothes and whatever with her money as long as our bills are paid too. Only thing she asks from me is her own .20 ga 870 to shoot with. i told her the next gun I get will be one for her. I'm happy she enjoys guns and shooting as much as I do.

Top Bottom