• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I use the argument that I cant be a firearms Instructor with out Firearms,:D But in all fairness to her she has never said a word to me about what ever I bring Home, And I never say anything to her about what she buys or wants, A good system for both of us I am blessed. ;)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    my wife is ignorant to what I own..she knows I own "a gun or two"
    its the fishing equipment that pisses her off:rolleyes:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I heard static about buying a gun, my answer would be simple:

My bills are paid and I earned the money and the right to spend it how I see fit.

In all fairness, though, I do buy stuff for her periodically (less expensive but far more often) so I don't see that she has much room to complain that I do something for me on occasion.

Blessings,
    Bill

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I would not tolerate being berated for buying an accessory for a hobby I enjoy, provided that we could afford it.

None of the women I've lived with have had any say-so in the matter. This includes a couple ex-fiances.

None are exes because of firearms.

Josh <><

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I would not tolerate being berated for buying an accessory for a hobby I enjoy, provided that we could afford it.

None of the women I've lived with have had any say-so in the matter. This includes a couple ex-fiances.

None are exes because of firearms.

Josh <><

Have they found the bodies yet?
    your avatar creeps me out for some reason.:mallninja::dunno:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    On the other hand..... Its not only firearms that get me yelled at. Its also the assessories... I'm waiting on an Eotech XPS at the moment.... OMG I'm sooo going to hide as my mother sees my CC-bill before I do. I'm so screwed! 412.56 Yeah I gotta great price but ummm she wont see it that way. My wife is clueless as I pay all the bills she just gives me money ever pay-check

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hearing these stories reminds me how good I've got it!

She was disappointed we didn't take my new XD to the range yesterday. I think we are going after a quick dinner tonight, so she can squeeze off a few rounds.

As long as we work on her list as much as we work on mine, we are all good!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I didn't realize what I had done leaving my INGO account open!!! My wife started this thread and now has plenty of evidence on all of you! And will be meeting your wives at the hair salon this week. This thread must be burned immediately!!!!

728532925_f7bd0f0e4f.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    she was cool with having a pistol and long gun for each of us, I had to convince her on the 10/22 she didn't mind the buckmark once she saw the deal I got. she uses the we need to go grocery shopping because we don't have any food to eat excuse, I say ramen is like 10 for $1 so I think we will be ok. the only thing that REALLY gets her and I "kind of" aka really tip toe around the truth on price with her is my knife addiction. but I justify it by reminding myself she is the same way with makeup.

Top Bottom