• ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Get Yelled at for buying a gun?!?

What do you hear the most when you bring home a new firearm?

Mine: What do you need another one for, they all do the same thing!!!
    Response: Just like all those different utensils from pampered chef!

I call it even between shoes and purses, and guns. I made a deal she couldnt say anything if I couldn't.

padishar123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Leo, IN
    my wife is ignorant to what I own..she knows I own "a gun or two"
    its the fishing equipment that pisses her off:rolleyes:

this is what i do:
    buy a safe. then when you buy a gun, bring it home and put it in the safe. leave it for about 6mo to a year. then when you pull it out for the first time, she will inevitably say "i've never seen that one before". my response? "oh, that old thing? i've had that for years!". the trick is to have more than she can remember. works good for me! besides, they really don't have a conceptual understanding of what, say a Colt AR-15 costs or similar. it's "just another gun".

padishar123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Leo, IN
    on the money side, i just use my work expense report earnings to skim off into a slush fund. this way i'm not always (sometimes i do) dipping into household finances for gun money.

of course i consider ammo in the same category as groceries: expendable. so ammo does come out of household.

of course i dumped my current girlfriend a few months back so i'm free to go hogwild again. i bought 4 new guns since we broke up. wooo hoo!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I'll get the occational :rolleyes:, but I only buy guns/ammo when I've saved up enough gun fund money. That was the deal we worked out after we got married. It has worked out well.:yesway:

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    My wife's response was much the same until I explained that (within reason) each tool has a specific purpose- there was no one size fits all. I also included her in the process by showing her what we had, why we had it, the function it had, and showed her how to use it. Ideally getting her to practice is the next step. I also explained that I was just as interested in her being able to use it (except the bazooka :D ) otherwise it was not as useful as a tool.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    Mine's tried the whole what do I get out of the deal thing. I told her she is more than welcome to shoot whatever I bring home. If she tries to weasle a deal into something I simply say Ok will your object of affection be work the same or more in the next few years. Yeah, I didn't think so. Ha. Course this just goes down in my list of presents for her for the next birthday, anneversary, or Christmas. Hehe.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    All of you guys admitting to buying and trading guns to sell for profit have your FFL, right?

:popcorn:

I just have to remember to pay the mortgage first!:rolleyes:

:welcome: to reality:laugh:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Mine: What do you need another one for, they all do the same thing!!!
    Response: Just like all those different utensils from pampered chef!

Mine: But your gun was $600 and my cookie sheet was $40. On top of that I'll make you cookies with it. What will our $600 gun do for me?[/quote]

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    well lets see i dont even have to buy one...just look at them and i get.....

You dont need to spend the money.....Whats the point of another gun......On and on and on. She doesnt have a hobby unless u call watching every penny i spend a hobby. BTW the gas station and liquer store by me has been robbed atleast 1-2 times a month and when i say by me i mean 100 yrds-liquer store and 50ft gas station. There close

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    My wife goes with me to purchase guns. We budget every penny of every paycheck, so when I get enough saved up of my fun money I will buy myself a new handgun and give her my Glock 30, since we have money for her LTCH budgeted. I would buy her a gun and keep the Glock for myself but she likes it.

After that I am getting a new pump shotgun or .22 LR so we can go squirrel hunting together. It is budgeted, there will be no problems. :)

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Barking, tailwagging and such.................anytime the dog sees a gun she assumes we may be heading out for a hunt or camping

same here, my 4yo german shepherd just likes sitting around while I'm target shooting....idk why, but she loves it. She's gotten pretty good at finding my spent cases in the grass too...

the gf doesn't mind, she already thinks im a little crazy:)::rolleyes:

Top Bottom