• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think it will probably be interesting, at the very least, and HBO has excellent writers so it will probably be good.... but I do think that the timing is an attempt to take advantage of the social strife our nation has been experiencing. This show will surely stir lots of emotion, so I question he wisdom in releasing a series at such a time.

Or, perhaps, to tap into the popularity of Hulu's dramatization of The Handmaid's Tale.

Personally, being a big fan of dystopian/alternate history type stories, I'll be very interested in this one.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I do think that the timing is an attempt to take advantage of the social strife our nation has been experiencing. This show will surely stir lots of emotion, so I question he wisdom in releasing a series at such a time.

When would be a better time? And how would it be determined to be the best time for such?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It would, but Robert's Rebellion is too close to the events of the show. I think if they are to do spinoffs, Dunk and Egg or the Blackfyre Rebellion would be the most obvious to go with. Aegons Conquest or a story on Bran the Builder would be cool too, but I think that would be really expensive to make.

Probably right....but we can dream, eh?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The take a knee stuff to me was slow.
    Love the poison kiss just like her daughter was killed.
    Euron asking Jamie how his sister liked to have sex was great.
    His fleet is doing all the work in the battle for the throne. Two more houses eliminated from the running in a single show.

I still think hunk the whole game of thrones is a citiadel book written by Sam. I forgot his father has now sided with Jamie and cerci

bran knows john's father. Maybe knows Sansa will betray John?

Battles for castles without real battle scenes was fairly weak. They are speeding stuff up for sure.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The scene when funny head gear wearing woman called Joffery a ****, took the poison then admitted she had him killed was great. And Bran has told Sansa he need to talk to Jon, this must be where Jon will find out his lineage. Lots of things going on and I think it is too rushed myself. They could have made two episodes of this last one easily.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Let us not forget that if we think they are "speeding things up now" who are we kidding?

If you have read the books, as many appear to have done, we could take ALL the episodes from the first season until this one and maybe(?) be done with "A Game of Thrones" and possibly in the middle of "A Clash of Kings." Maybe...?

There is SO much that has been left out, combined, or glossed over it is unreal. Martin's books are HUGE! Lots of characters, plots and twists. Lady Stoneheart? Gone. Daenerys cousin(?) that led some men to her and got fried because he thought he had dragon blood? Not even mentioned. Many, many more that my memory is too poor to recall.

This is something I find incredibly annoying about current television "seasons." The original season of Star Trek, one of the most advanced special effects television series of its time, had 29 episodes. The second season - 26, the last - 24. I pick on Star Trek because of the use of special effects that were pushed in its day. Today we are happy just to get a dozen episodes of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, etc.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The scene when funny head gear wearing woman called Joffery a ****, took the poison then admitted she had him killed was great. And Bran has told Sansa he need to talk to Jon, this must be where Jon will find out his lineage. Lots of things going on and I think it is too rushed myself. They could have made two episodes of this last one easily.

A lot of people aren't realizing how big a reveal this was. $#@% got real after that episode.
    I shall explain:
    -Joffrey is killed
    -Tyrion is blamed
    -Tyrion gets Oberyn the fight for him
    -The Mountain kills Oberyn, pissing off Ellaria
    -Tyrion flee, after killing his father Tywin
    -Tyrion goes east and joins Dany
    -Ellaria kills Marcella....etc, etc, etc

If Tyrion hadn't been blamed, odds are he would have stayed loyal to his family, nor would the Martells have it out for the Lannisters. It's a pretty big event.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So HBO got hacked... and word on the street, is that there are clips from the upcoming episodes youtube (and still were up, amazingly, as of 8/5 2:25pm). I couldn't help myself.... and yes, they are badass. My heart was thumping.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A lot of people aren't realizing how big a reveal this was. $#@% got real after that episode.
    I shall explain:
    -Joffrey is killed
    -Tyrion is blamed

If Tyrion hadn't been blamed, odds are he would have stayed loyal to his family, nor would the Martells have it out for the Lannisters. It's a pretty big event.

All true, but it goes far beyond this.

Cersei always blamed Tyrion for Joffries death, and there was no contradiction to this. As Jamie loved his brother this drove a wedge between them, if just a little. Now, however, he cannot blame Tyrion at all for his brothers death, and may well question the allegation (although true) that Tyrion killed their father.

Even if Jamie believes Tyrion killed their father he knows his father may well have deserved it. No matter how it goes it will certainly affect the dynamics between Jamie and Cersei, given Cersei's incessant howling about the evils of Tyrion.

Of course, Cersei won't believe, won't accept, or simply won't care that Lady Olenna had anything to do with it. But Jamie?

With this revelation all that you said is true but from here on I believe the Jamie / Cersei relationship just got strained.

Regards,

Doug

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Let us not forget that if we think they are "speeding things up now" who are we kidding?

If you have read the books, as many appear to have done, we could take ALL the episodes from the first season until this one and maybe(?) be done with "A Game of Thrones" and possibly in the middle of "A Clash of Kings." Maybe...?

There is SO much that has been left out, combined, or glossed over it is unreal. Martin's books are HUGE! Lots of characters, plots and twists. Lady Stoneheart? Gone. Daenerys cousin(?) that led some men to her and got fried because he thought he had dragon blood? Not even mentioned. Many, many more that my memory is too poor to recall.

This is something I find incredibly annoying about current television "seasons." The original season of Star Trek, one of the most advanced special effects television series of its time, had 29 episodes. The second season - 26, the last - 24. I pick on Star Trek because of the use of special effects that were pushed in its day. Today we are happy just to get a dozen episodes of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, etc.

Regards,

Doug

You know how much more expensive and drawn out the whole game of thrones series would be? It would be expensive and the show would be on TV for 20 years or more

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I shall explain:
    -Joffrey is killed
    -Tyrion is blamed

I agree....she singled handedly brought the Lannisters to their eventual demise

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Regards,

Doug
    XX
    i don't think people are "happy" with 10-12 episodes at a crack. But that seems to be the new standard on the premium cable nets and the likes of Netflix. Even the broadcast nets are splitting their series into Fall and Spring seasons.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cersei - 2
    Daenerys - 1

Arya - Too many to count!:) Loved her v/s Brianne!:bowdown: Once Arya got kicked down and got right back up Brianne knew "it's ON!" Watching that fight might have shown Sansa just how dangerous it is to be on the list. Also loved the smiles Arya and Brianne had at the end.

Yes, I also liked the battle, but was conflicted. Bronn v/s the Dragon I didn't quite know who to root for. I didn't want to see either die, and I'm glad neither did.

Doug

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DGl9oekVwAA6qSF.jpg:large

Top Bottom