• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Littlefinger is definitely trying to sow discontent between Arya and Sansa. I wonder if Arya will fall for it? She is much more devious than Sansa is.
    I personally doubt that the Stark girls will be fooled. I don't think there will be significant discontent between the two.

I don't quite know what to make of the scene with Jon and Drogon. Was Drogon just curious, or did he smell something of Jon's father in him that would relate Jon to Daenerys? Jon did an awesome job of not showing fear.
    Jon IS Targaryen, as much as Dany (now, with a stronger claim)... the scene with Gilly that Chip mentions, is a huge nod to that. It's kinda a book thing, but the people from Valyria were bound to dragons is some way (not just the Targaryens). In fact, in Valyria, the Targaryens were simply a noble house, not a ruling one.

For those who weren't able to pause and read the jist of the letter Littlefinger was hiding was a letter from Sansa to either Robb or Brandon asking them to bend the knee to King Joffrey.
    Jamie is echoing Kutnupe's observation about trying to stand against the dragons. It was good of him to acknowledge what she could do if she released the power of all three (3) of them.

Yes, but that's not the significant part. What it is (more importantly), is Sansa calling her father a traitor and that he tried to steal the throne from Joffrey. Folks in the North won't shine to Sansa issuing such a statement (even though she was forced)

Was anybody else surprised about Dany's response to Ser Jorah returning? I know that they have always been friends, but they have also had an extremely rocky relationship. I expected happiness, but Dany seemed really quite beside herself to have him back.

Heart grows founder? I'm guessing it has been several years since they've seen each other.

I didn't like what Daenerys did to Ser Tarley and Dickon. They surrendered in combat and were noble leaders / officers. If people are going to be put to death for surrendering, why surrender in the first place? I really liked Lord Varys's argument against this practice.

I'm kinda torn. Tarley, from the books, was a original Targaryen loyalist house.... then switch to Baraththeon... then Lannister.... then Tyrell. But thinking on it again, maybe they should have been allowed to take the black.... however, one thing is certain, after the house that oppose her hear about her turning the Tarley's to ash, I doubt she'll have the problem again, so it was a brutal, but effective message.
    On a side note, with Sam leaving the Citadel, and being a legitimate heir, he's just become head of his house (assuming he's allowed to leave the watch)

This plan of capturing a white walker is... interesting. I see why they feel the need to do it, but the risk? Very bad. And walking up there too. I would have thought maybe(?) taking a boat and hitting the stragglers of the army of the dead in the rear and escaping to sea, but walking? That seems like suicide to me. Besides, how do they plan to get it past the wall? The wall destroys undead that try to pass it.

Just a few random thoughts.

Regards,

Doug

Yeah, really risky. I'm kinda excited to see Gendry rockin' a Warhammer like his dad.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yes, but that's not the significant part. What it is (more importantly), is Sansa calling her father a traitor and that he tried to steal the throne from Joffrey. Folks in the North won't shine to Sansa issuing such a statement (even though she was forced)

d.

I dont think she was forced so much as deceived into writing that letter. I'm listening to the first book on Audible, and just heard that part this weekend. She was deceived into writing it to try to maintain her "status" as fiance. Remember she was much younger then, and probably much more naive.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dont think she was forced so much as deceived into writing that letter. I'm listening to the first book on Audible, and just heard that part this weekend. She was deceived into writing it to try to maintain her "status" as fiance. Remember she was much younger then, and probably much more naive.

Yes, in the books, she actually does kinda throw her father under the bus... but on the show, she's pretty much compelled to do so.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ...Jon IS Targaryen, as much as Dany (now, with a stronger claim)... the scene with Gilly that Chip mentions, is a huge nod to that. It's kinda a book thing, but the people from Valyria were bound to dragons is some way (not just the Targaryens). In fact, in Valyria, the Targaryens were simply a noble house, not a ruling one...

Hadn't thought about it in that way but, "Holy S***!" Samwell shushed her when she was bringing up the most important line in the show. If Rhaegar truly got an annulment and married Lyanna then Jon Snow would really be Jon Targaryen, and the rightful male heir to the throne.

While there are queens on thrones now, the standard policy of all of Westros is that land and title follow male heirs. This IS huge!

Thanks,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Hadn't thought about it in that way but, "Holy S***!" Samwell shushed her when she was bringing up the most important line in the show. If Rhaegar truly got an annulment and married Lyanna then Jon Snow would really be Jon Targaryen, and the rightful male heir to the throne.

While there are queens on thrones now, the standard policy of all of Westros is that land and title follow male heirs. This IS huge!

Thanks,

Doug

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Dany's been trying to order Jon around all this time... I would love to see her face when she finds out.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My prediction on littlefinger death is the Sansa uses her womanly charms to get him around the moon door in the vale and pushes hinout like little finger did to her aunt.

Tyrion did did not get dragon snacked either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    9ck5mp3ntsfz.png

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Something else that I noted when Randyll and Dickon Tarly were executed, that hasn't been discussed much: while he would have had to renounce his claim to take the Black, Sam Tarly is now the rightful heir and claimant to what is, at this point, the richest house in all of Westeros (Tarly, which is the greatest house remaining in the Reach, with the demise of House Tyrell).

I wonder, since he took the Black willingly, rather than in response to a crime, if there would be any precedent for him to be released from his vows at some point?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I wonder, since he took the Black willingly, rather than in response to a crime, if there would be any precedent for him to be released from his vows at some point?

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.

jon was able to leave because he died, sam renounced his title (yes he was forced by his father) but still he renounced it!.....now it begs the question, since he left the citadel, without "graduating" could this be considered desertion?....cause remember what happens to deserters!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Something else that I noted when Randyll and Dickon Tarly were executed, that hasn't been discussed much: while he would have had to renounce his claim to take the Black, Sam Tarly is now the rightful heir and claimant to what is, at this point, the richest house in all of Westeros (Tarly, which is the greatest house remaining in the Reach, with the demise of House Tyrell).

No, one you're in, you're in for life, unless the King/Queen allows you to leave. The Targaryns had this issue, as heirs with better claims, yet who had taken the willingly to avoid conflict in the family, were passed over for someone else. Maester Aemon (the blind Maester in the show), I believe is one such example, as his younger brother Egg (of Dunk and egg) became king over him. I think one of two things will happen, by the end of the show. Either the Night's Watch will be disbanded as the White Walkers will be defeated once and for all, or the vows will be changed.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Thanks,

Doug
    If memory serves, the male being supreme in the order of succession is explicitly disavowed in Dorne.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If memory serves, the male being supreme in the order of succession is explicitly disavowed in Dorne.

That's true. But that has no bear on Jon and Dany, because they obviously aren't Dornish. Dorne is unique amongst the 7 Kingdoms. They were the only Kingdom to not be conquered during the initial Targaryn conquest. Dorne waged a guerrilla campaign, which didn't allow the Targaryns the use their Dragons. They were never defeated, but eventually joined the 7 Kingdoms... with the caveat, that their "Kings" retain the title of "Princes," which is unique amongst all the kingdoms.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just saw some leaked footage of something major that happens in the next episode or two.

Sort of disappointing, but it's definitely a big deal... and leads to the final scene of the season finale... the proverbial cliffhanger until the next season.

Sort of not happy how they rushed all the events of the first 5 episodes.. just to end up where they do for the last one. The whole season has felt rushed.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Just saw some leaked footage of something major that happens in the next episode or two.

Sort of disappointing, but it's definitely a big deal... and leads to the final scene of the season finale... the proverbial cliffhanger until the next season.

Sort of not happy how they rushed all the events of the first 5 episodes.. just to end up where they do for the last one. The whole season has felt rushed.
    arent there 3 more episodes left? I saw the leaked video out of spain. Kind of sucks, but i got my buddy back for spoiling a movie for me a while back. Just sent him a random video of it. I think he blocked me afterwards

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    arent there 3 more episodes left? I saw the leaked video out of spain. Kind of sucks, but i got my buddy back for spoiling a movie for me a while back. Just sent him a random video of it. I think he blocked me afterwards

Nope, just two more this season.

HBO must've been ****ting themselves. How do you accidentally air an entire episode. Either that, or some freefolk hero in Spain made it happen, and barred the doors.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    FYI - I recommend people here just watch it before Sunday. Big spoiler thumbnails are floating around everywhere now... and you're going to be pissed if you're spoiled before seeing it.

You will not make it to Sunday as an internet-user without being spoiled.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    FYI - I recommend people here just watch it before Sunday. Big spoiler thumbnails are floating around everywhere now... and you're going to be pissed if you're spoiled before seeing it.

You will not make it to Sunday as an internet-user without being spoiled.

Fortunately, I can mostly avoid being an internet user between now and then.

Top Bottom