• ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cersei - 2
    Daenerys - 1

Arya - Too many to count!:) Loved her v/s Brianne!:bowdown: Once Arya got kicked down and got right back up Brianne knew "it's ON!" Watching that fight might have shown Sansa just how dangerous it is to be on the list. Also loved the smiles Arya and Brianne had at the end.

Yes, I also liked the battle, but was conflicted. Bronn v/s the Dragon I didn't quite know who to root for. I didn't want to see either die, and I'm glad neither did.

Doug

This is the about the point where "suspension of disbelief" has reached it limit (even for game of thrones). After the Dothraki and Drogan pretty much wiped the floor with the Lannisters, the war should pretty much be over. Who in the hell is going to be able to field an army against a dragon that almost turns people into ash instantly. I mean you might have loyal soldiers, but they'd be stupid (short of having 1000 of those dragon killer things) to even attempt to fight back.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is the about the point where "suspension of disbelief" has reached it limit (even for game of thrones). After the Dothraki and Drogan pretty much wiped the floor with the Lannisters, the war should pretty much be over. Who in the hell is going to be able to field an army against a dragon that almost turns people into ash instantly. I mean you might have loyal soldiers, but they'd be stupid (short of having 1000 of those dragon killer things) to even attempt to fight back.

I just realized this morning: that was not just the Lannister army, but the Tarly army, too, wasn't it? Or did the Tarlys stay in the Reach?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just to claim dibs on a prediction - the dagger Littlefinger gave to Bran will be used by Arya to kill Littlefinger. Thus, the circle is closed.

Regards,

Doug

PS - To Kutnupes observation I would agree except that Bronn brought down the dragon, and thus showed that it can be done. This will give the survivors some hope that they have a weapon against the dragon.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just to claim dibs on a prediction - the dagger Littlefinger gave to Bran will be used by Arya to kill Littlefinger. Thus, the circle is closed.

Regards,

Doug

PS - To Kutnupes observation I would agree except that Bronn brought down the dragon, and thus showed that it can be done. This will give the survivors some hope that they have a weapon against the dragon.

Brilliant prediction. I like it.

And Bronn didn't really bring down the Dragon. He injured it, sure. But then Drogon landed and exacted revenge.

(I also find the Super CrossBow as a way to defeat the dragons generally (as opposed to, say, an eye shot or something) to be weak. Maybe if the bolts were tipped with Valyerian steel, or something...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just realized this morning: that was not just the Lannister army, but the Tarly army, too, wasn't it? Or did the Tarlys stay in the Reach?

Yeah, but listening to some of the talking heads; they say that it was just a small fraction of the Army that got obliterated. When Tarley was talking about the stragglers, I think that was the part of the army that got decimated. If you remember he said that the gold they had taken from High Garden had arrived at King's Landing, so I assume a sizable part of the army did too. I also noted that Cersi said that she had hired the Golden Company (founded by the Targaryen Blackfyres) to help in the war. So that's all pretty cool.

One thing that I haven't mentioned, is how cool Euron Greyjoy is. That dude is hilarious. When he says (the episode before) "Did you see little Theon jump from the ship?" "He was like 'OH NOOO'.....hee, hee, hee what a ****" I lost it. I was in tears. NOW that would be a great spin-off. Following Euron after he left the Iron Islands and was pirate all over the world.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Regards,

Doug

Would you be standing in formation, as a dragon was bearing down on your position? Lol. Your commander would say "it's ok boys we have the dragon killer weapon. Sure it didn't work last time, and lots of guys were turned to ash, but we're hopeful this time!"

Kut (would yell at him to pound sand as he ran away)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Also, the most underrated line in Episode 4: Bran to Littlefinger, "Chaos is a ladder."

Ref, this:

[video=youtube;PxlIraEV8n]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxlIraEV8n[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Brilliant prediction. I like it.

And Bronn didn't really bring down the Dragon. He injured it, sure. But then Drogon landed and exacted revenge.

(I also find the Super CrossBow as a way to defeat the dragons generally (as opposed to, say, an eye shot or something) to be weak. Maybe if the bolts were tipped with Valyerian steel, or something...

Hobbit

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For you old guys.

[video=youtube;2fPgIIB67bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Predictions... Jamie nor Tyrion will kill Cersi.... Euron will. John Snow will kill Dany, and then bring her back to life (killing himself).

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Little fingers dagger now Bran's dagger now Arya's dagger is named cat's paw. It was in a book shown with Sam at the citadel. More to this than they are letting on. Sam should be leaving the citadel soon with some books. The citadel should get attacked by euron navy destroying the records and book like Alexandria library of old times.

Gerdery has been missing for several season's. Rowing a boat somewhere. A blacksmith. They have dragon glass they have steel swords, maybe Sam finds out how to make valerian steel (they have a dragon around for fire). Ever since they told us valiran steel could kill whites I though the iron throne would be dismantled and the valirian steel used again as weapons. Seems like that won't happen (in the books the throne is much bigger. ) no more iron Thorne to set on.

Jamie dead? Born burned? I think they said the gold did reach king's landing but had to watch it twice to catch it. Always love the battle scenes.

Who taught you you to fight. "No one" . Is arya a faceless man? Could anyone in the series be a faceless man. When they add in stuff like this it leads to some weird possibilities. Anyone could be someone else or nobody.

Still think we should see ice spiders horses bears and an ice dragon before the end of this season. Still think Bran is somehow the knight king trapped in time. Also Bran the builder and Bran the founder of house stark.

In Danny's vision she passes north of the wall and finds a tent with her husband and her baby. Should she dies north of the wall.

John snow kills or changes places with the knight king. So killing his brother and being forever trapped in the ICE. Danny does saving the world and keeps her tent warm with the dead thus the fire. And women rule every kingdom in westros.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Little fingers dagger now Bran's dagger now Arya's dagger is named cat's paw. It was in a book shown with Sam at the citadel. More to this than they are letting on. Sam should be leaving the citadel soon with some books. The citadel should get attacked by euron navy destroying the records and book like Alexandria library of old times.

Gerdery has been missing for several season's. Rowing a boat somewhere. A blacksmith. They have dragon glass they have steel swords, maybe Sam finds out how to make valerian steel (they have a dragon around for fire). Ever since they told us valiran steel could kill whites I though the iron throne would be dismantled and the valirian steel used again as weapons. Seems like that won't happen (in the books the throne is much bigger. ) no more iron Thorne to set on.

Jamie dead? Born burned? I think they said the gold did reach king's landing but had to watch it twice to catch it. Always love the battle scenes.

Who taught you you to fight. "No one" . Is arya a faceless man? Could anyone in the series be a faceless man. When they add in stuff like this it leads to some weird possibilities. Anyone could be someone else or nobody.

Still think we should see ice spiders horses bears and an ice dragon before the end of this season. Still think Bran is somehow the knight king trapped in time. Also Bran the builder and Bran the founder of house stark.

In Danny's vision she passes north of the wall and finds a tent with her husband and her baby. Should she dies north of the wall.

John snow kills or changes places with the knight king. So killing his brother and being forever trapped in the ICE. Danny does saving the world and keeps her tent warm with the dead thus the fire. And women rule every kingdom in westros.

The Iron Throne is not made out of Valyrian steel. It is simply made of the swords of conquered houses that resisted Aegon during the Conquest. There may be a few Valyrian steel swords, but there certainly not enough, from the era of the Conquest, to form the bulk of the chair. Like you said the Iron Throne, from the books, is MUCH bigger. It's 40ft tall, and consists of thousands of swords. Given the size of Westeros, if the Iron Throne were made of Valyrian steel, that would mean the various Houses, even the lesser ones, had several. Even before the Doom, a Valyrian sword was considered a VERY hefty purchase, and a Valyrian suit of armor (like Euron wears) would be "worth a kingdom." The books however, never actually say what material the swords in the chair are made of, some my views are anecdotal.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Littlefinger is definitely trying to sow discontent between Arya and Sansa. I wonder if Arya will fall for it? She is much more devious than Sansa is.

I don't quite know what to make of the scene with Jon and Drogon. Was Drogon just curious, or did he smell something of Jon's father in him that would relate Jon to Daenerys? Jon did an awesome job of not showing fear.

For those who weren't able to pause and read the jist of the letter Littlefinger was hiding was a letter from Sansa to either Robb or Brandon asking them to bend the knee to King Joffrey.

Jamie is echoing Kutnupe's observation about trying to stand against the dragons. It was good of him to acknowledge what she could do if she released the power of all three (3) of them.

Was anybody else surprised about Dany's response to Ser Jorah returning? I know that they have always been friends, but they have also had an extremely rocky relationship. I expected happiness, but Dany seemed really quite beside herself to have him back.

I didn't like what Daenerys did to Ser Tarley and Dickon. They surrendered in combat and were noble leaders / officers. If people are going to be put to death for surrendering, why surrender in the first place? I really liked Lord Varys's argument against this practice.

This plan of capturing a white walker is... interesting. I see why they feel the need to do it, but the risk? Very bad. And walking up there too. I would have thought maybe(?) taking a boat and hitting the stragglers of the army of the dead in the rear and escaping to sea, but walking? That seems like suicide to me. Besides, how do they plan to get it past the wall? The wall destroys undead that try to pass it.

Just a few random thoughts.

Regards,

Doug

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Littlefinger is definitely trying to sow discontent between Arya and Sansa. I wonder if Arya will fall for it? She is much more devious than Sansa is...

For those who weren't able to pause and read the jist of the letter Littlefinger was hiding was a letter from Sansa to either Robb or Brandon asking them to bend the knee to King Joffrey.

You've got to keep Arya's age in mind here. Even so, Arya should be politically astute enough to know what was going on at the time. I'm definitely more and more in the camp that Arya will kill Littlefinger, but I think it needs to be some sort of climactic event.

I don't quite know what to make of the scene with Jon and Drogon. Was Drogon just curious, or did he smell something of Jon's father in him that would relate Jon to Daenerys? Jon did an awesome job of not showing fear.

It seemed obvious to me that Drogon was recognizing Jon as Targaryen, and that Dany knew what that interaction meant. There were also several other plot points that were moving in the direction of Jon's heritage being close to becoming known (such as Gilly's discovery about Rhaegar's annulment).

I still don't know what Jon is keeping his death/reincarnation such a secret. (And news of everything else is spreading like Wildfire throughout Westeros, so one would think that news of such an event would be well-known by now.)

Jamie is echoing Kutnupe's observation about trying to stand against the dragons. It was good of him to acknowledge what she could do if she released the power of all three (3) of them.

He also confirmed that the Scorpion bolt only minimally wounded Drogon. (I think that Cyburn stated/implied that the bolt needed to hit a dragon in the eye in order to be a kill shot?)

Was anybody else surprised about Dany's response to Ser Jorah returning? I know that they have always been friends, but they have also had an extremely rocky relationship. I expected happiness, but Dany seemed really quite beside herself to have him back.

Seemed like a natural reaction to seeing someone that she thought was doomed/dead.

I didn't like what Daenerys did to Ser Tarley and Dickon. They surrendered in combat and were noble leaders / officers. If people are going to be put to death for surrendering, why surrender in the first place? I really liked Lord Varys's argument against this practice.

I don't have so much of a problem with the execution. It is pretty standard practice for Westeros in that situation: lords who lose in battle are given the choice to bend the knee, or die.

I think the death by dragon fire is nothing more than an attempt to open the door to Dany having the capacity to act in the same manner as the Mad King.

This plan of capturing a white walker is... interesting. I see why they feel the need to do it, but the risk? Very bad. And walking up there too. I would have thought maybe(?) taking a boat and hitting the stragglers of the army of the dead in the rear and escaping to sea, but walking? That seems like suicide to me. Besides, how do they plan to get it past the wall? The wall destroys undead that try to pass it.

Just a few random thoughts.

Regards,

Doug

There have been living wights south of the wall (one almost killed Jeor Mormont in his chambers at castle black). I think that White Walkers can't pass the wall, but wights can.

Top Bottom