• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    #6. Jon mentioned during the meeting that they needed dragonglass. Sam discovers that dragon stone (where Dany lands) is built on heaps of it. Sam sent a raven to Jon, so I expect he will be going there.

Oh, I certainly understand the need/motive. I just don't understand how it's going to work, logistically. How does John Snow travel the thousands of miles from Winterfell to Dragonstone? (And winter has come; he's not sailing anywhere out of the north. Sam barely made it to Oldtown, and left months prior.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps ingesting dragonglass could cure or stop the spread in Jorah...

...uted to Westoros. ...er may use dragon ...ss of the stone, which ...ude, and some of the ...earrings adorned with ... Valyrian proves and ... But for the most part dr- ... too difficult for build- ... of the ostentatious kind pre- ... alue on dragonglass are the ... consider the stone sacred thoug ... ustory or because of some arcane ... Whatever the case, in the eastern mar ... candles and amulets along with ... There are even tales of the less sav- ... considered dragon glass as a cure for ... in his great work on illnesses and dise- ... little harm incures from the ingestion ... not discount the harm to the gullible ... better spent on practical treatments ...if this association with the ... which explains the low ... have purchases ... rers sadly

cwkhvczpt2az.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Euron's "priceless gift" I believe is Tyrian lanester. To late to introduce the other egg the villerian steel sword and armor and the dragonbinder horn.

I guess it depends on what GRRM was originally going to do with dragonbinder. In the books, dragonbinder was only introduced very late (at the kingsmoot), but after that, the Iron Fleet sailed south, and never ventured to King's Landing.

Tryian may well not be a lanester also. I do believe the "your no son of mine" before the father was slain was not said for nothing.

Yes, lots of hints from GRRM right out in the open. So much so that I don't know if they're red herrings, or legitimate. (For me, the biggest coincidence is the three mothers dying in childbirth.)

I believe we shall see an undead dragon. Ridden by the night king. So giants and a dragon. And ice spiders.

That would be...visually stunning. But how would the Night King be able to tame/ride a(n undead) dragon?

Lady stormborn not going to happen to bad for that. Once again not enough time.

This is definitely one of the reasons that I need Winds of Winter. There was some real potential with the Beric Dondarrion sacrifice/Lady Stoneheart reincarnation, and how that would play out. I wonder if Arya, with her soon-to-be-reunited Nymeria wolfpack, will merge a bit with the erstwhile Lady Stoneheart plot arc?

Bran I think is the night king when he saw the birth of the king from the children of the forest and the dragon glass to the heart he felt it. Maybe he goes into the past gets trapped get's turned and becomes the night king. The more he goes back and messes with the past (Hodor) the more things get messed up. His voice drives the mad king mad. His spells make the wall and break the wall. He is bran the builder, bran the three eyed raven, the night king, . That causes John to kill bran or not kill bran.

I really like the idea of the Bran-is-every-Bran theory. Everything is broken because of Bran. Everything is fixed because of Bran. If there were some plausible way for Bran to have been the "first man" that was turned into the Night King, all the better.

I think the whole story is written by Sam.

An intriguing idea...

death predictions this season. The greyjoy's minus euron. The pretty snake girls with the bad ass skills. Little finger. Cerise lanester, Jamie lanester (by his own hand after killing his sister lover) the mountain breanne the red headed wildling.

I think anyone outside of Dany, John Snow, and Tyrion can die, without changing the overall story or its ending.

I would think that at least one trueborn Stark needs to remain, so - perhaps Bran. Though, maybe all of the main lines of the Great Houses end. It is already true for House Baratheon, House Martell, and House Tyrell. It will be true for House Stark if Bran cannot father children. It is true for the Lannisters (outside of Tyrion). House Tully depends on Edmure (who has fathered a child, though the current status of either is uncertain). House Arryn depends on Robyn. The Greyjoys aren't a true Great House, but even so, may be at risk, with no currently known heirs.

It is also true for House Targaryen, unless Dany recovers from her curse of barrenness, and/or unless John Snow and/or Tyrion prove to be part Targaryen. And perhaps this "blending" of the lines of the Great Houses (Targaryen, Stark, Lannister) is how those lines will be preserved, at the conclusion of the story.

Maybe be the iron throne being made of valerian steel swords is dismantled and the dragon stone throne being made of dragon glass is dismantled and used again as weapons to kill off the ice zombies. Thus the iron throne is destroyed the dragon stone throne destroyed and most all of the ruling parties of the kingdom destroyed leaving all the ladies to rule what is left. Hopefully the bear girl ariea Sansa ect.

Then again I have always been wrong when it comes to this series.

The end of Season 6 sure left the impression that the women of Westeros were about to take charge.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, that a pretty notable advantage that wasn't present the first time the white walkers were beat back. Then again, the First Men also had the Children of the Forest helping them.

I mean, if Dany sends her dragons north, the white walker army is toast (literally), right? What am I missing?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Or the Night King has Dragonbinder?

I think Euron has it. That, rather than Tyrion would be the better gift. I mean, ok Cersi gets Tyrion. How does that help her with holding the kingdom? She can get her revenge, yeah, but not much else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the Nightking has the Horn of Winter to take down the wall. If he had Dragonbinger, he'd be quite the musician.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think Euron has it. That, rather than Tyrion would be the better gift. I mean, ok Cersi gets Tyrion. How does that help her with holding the kingdom? She can get her revenge, yeah, but not much else.

Either he has it, or he knows where to get it. But if he has it, why didn't he (as in the books) present it during the kingsmoot?

I think the Nightking has the Horn of Winter to take down the wall. If he had Dragonbinger, he'd be quite the musician.

But, why would the Night King now need the Horn of Winter? His touch is on Bran, who already crossed the wall...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Either he has it, or he knows where to get it. But if he has it, why didn't he (as in the books) present it during the kingsmoot?

But, why would the Night King now need the Horn of Winter? His touch is on Bran, who already crossed the wall...

I'm not so sure that the magic that protected them at the cave is the same as the magic at the Wall. If the ability to follow Bran is what will allow the wall to fall, why were they chasing him an Meera so hard? It would seem that if they caught them, they'd be just as dead as everyone else, and if he's dead north of the wall and that's a problem... and they need him to go south of it, why not just let him go?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm not so sure that the magic that protected them at the cave is the same as the magic at the Wall. If the ability to follow Bran is what will allow the wall to fall, why were they chasing him an Meera so hard? It would seem that if they caught them, they'd be just as dead as everyone else, and if he's dead north of the wall and that's a problem... and they need him to go south of it, why not just let him go?

That's a good point, as well - unless Bran being dead, north or south of the wall, is even more important?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doubt it... but if so, at least make an example of Ed Sheeran.

That **** just ripped the immersion out of the show.

It didn't bother me, namely because while I know the name, I had no idea what Ed Sheehan looked like.

Top Bottom