• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any prediction that involves Dany/Jon on the throne/succeeding... it would go against everything this series has presented to you so far.

They're obviously building the two of them up for that sort of result... so you know it definitely won't happen. It's always what you don't expect.

That's why I tend to keep my predictions dark and morose. Everyone will die. Someone like Grey Worm or Ellaria Sand are going to end up "winning" in the end, because no one would expect it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Upon further reflection, one thing that has struck me is just how isolated the Lannisters are about to become. The Targaryen alliance now includes the ironborn, Dorne, and the Reach - the latter two of whom are in direct conflict with the Lannisters. The Starks now control the North again, in alliance with the Vale - both of whom are in direct conflict with the Lannisters - and in alliance with the free folk. Whatever fighting force the Riverlands have were disarmed and thrown out of their castle - by the Lannisters. And as Jamie clearly insinuated, the Freys may hold Riverrun, but they are incompetent. House Baratheon, as far as we know, is now irrelevant.

If Bran successfully makes it south of the wall and reunites with the Starks at Winterfell before Dany arrives in Westeros, and reveals Snow's true parentage, Dany could claim the Iron Throne without barely a drop of blood being shed. Of course, the North will be worrying more about the Night's King and about the Iron Throne.

But all of that is really beside the point: the Lannisters are in big, big trouble. They have no one left. Maybe Jamie marries Brienne, and the Tarths unite whatever is left of the Baratheon vassals with the Lannisters. But that seems to be a huge stretch. There is also the possibility that House Florent (or House Tarly) makes a claim for regency over the Reach, and aligns with the Lannisters. Again, this seems to be a stretch.

Tywin was always there to show Cersei and Jamie why they should do the exact opposite of what they were thinking. And it always worked. Since he went and took a bolt to the chest from Tyrion, there is no mitigation to Cersei's stupidity.

I think seedubs might be right. Tyrion might kill Cersei too. He killed his mom, his dad, why not his siblings?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Any prediction that involves Dany/Jon on the throne/succeeding... it would go against everything this series has presented to you so far.

They're obviously building the two of them up for that sort of result... so you know it definitely won't happen. It's always what you don't expect.

That's why I tend to keep my predictions dark and morose. Everyone will die. Someone like Grey Worm or Ellaria Sand are going to end up "winning" in the end, because no one would expect it.

Or humanity wiped out under the rule of the white walkers in the coldest winter in 1000 years.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's a better look at Clegane

EXhIStG.png

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tywin was always there to show Cersei and Jamie why they should do the exact opposite of what they were thinking. And it always worked. Since he went and took a bolt to the chest from Tyrion, there is no mitigation to Cersei's stupidity.

I think seedubs might be right. Tyrion might kill Cersei too. He killed his mom, his dad, why not his siblings?

I think this is too obvious. The Maggie the Frog prediction indicates that Cersei would be killed by her little brother, strangled. Tyrion is both literally, and figuratively, the "little brother," and he also strangled Shae. It just seems too perfect. However, what a lot of people don't remember, is that Jamie was actually born after Cersi making him a "little brother," too. Also, Jamie is constantly referred to a "Kingslayer" for breaking his oath and killing the king (due to him wanting to burn down Kings Landing).... how poetic would it be for him to double down on that and kill Cersi (thus being a "kinslayer") for essentially the same reason. In such regard, Jamie will prove to be more like Tyrion, than the rest of his wretched family.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think this is too obvious. The Maggie the Frog prediction indicates that Cersei would be killed by her little brother, strangled. Tyrion is both literally, and figuratively, the "little brother," and he also strangled Shae. It just seems too perfect. However, what a lot of people don't remember, is that Jamie was actually born after Cersi making him a "little brother," too. Also, Jamie is constantly referred to a "Kingslayer" for breaking his oath and killing the king (due to him wanting to burn down Kings Landing).... how poetic would it be for him to double down on that and kill Cersi (thus being a "kinslayer") for essentially the same reason. In such regard, Jamie will prove to be more like Tyrion, than the rest of his wretched family.

Jamie has always been the only one who will get along with Tyrion. It's one of his more endearing qualities. He definitely has some things in common with him. It's definitely an interesting idea. But he and Cersei are very committed to each other. Maybe she will drive him to jealousy by taking a husband, prompting him to take his turn at burning something down.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamie has always been the only one who will get along with Tyrion. It's one of his more endearing qualities. He definitely has some things in common with him. It's definitely an interesting idea. But he and Cersei are very committed to each other. Maybe she will drive him to jealousy by taking a husband, prompting him to take his turn at burning something down.

Which means, following the rules of GoT... Jamie/Tyrion will probably end up killing each other :P

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Which means, following the rules of GoT... Jamie/Tyrion will probably end up killing each other :P

Yeah, I don't know how it will go down, but Tyrion won't make it till the end. If for no other reason than now he is the Hand, and the Hand never lives that long.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, I don't know how it will go down, but Tyrion won't make it till the end. If for no other reason than now he is the Hand, and the Hand never lives that long.

Speaking of which: what happened to Kevan Lannister? Was he in the Sept of Baelor for the trial?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of which: what happened to Kevan Lannister? Was he in the Sept of Baelor for the trial?

"Kevan attends Cersei's trial at the Great Sept of Baelor, standing with Mace Tyrell, but he does not participate. He and all the others are incinerated when the Sept is blown up with wildfire."

Yep

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I don't recall seeing him in the Sept. But if he survived, he would do well to find a hole and hide in it. Take the black or something.

Edit: I guess he was in there, according to our trusty reporter.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Also, I miss Marjorie for obvious reasons.

I loved the look on the high sparrow's face as well. It was a mixture of anger, knowing he had been beaten, and WTF.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

How about this: Varys and Baelish have weaseled their way into the confidence of the two front runners. Petyr has already stated he is obsessed with being on the throne with Sansa at his side. So they use their hosts until they get them killed, and one of them overcomes the other. Maybe Varys wins, since he of all people has no one to pass the throne to. It could be that this was foreshadowed in the scene in the first season with just the two of them alone in the throne room, lusting for it and sparring with words.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Jackie Evancho will be performing at the Trump inaugural.

Jackie Evancho did a cover of "The Rains of Castamere" from Game of Thrones.

Trump is Tywin Lannister, confirmed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Jackie Evancho will be performing at the Trump inaugural.

Jackie Evancho did a cover of "The Rains of Castamere" from Game of Thrones.

Trump is Tywin Lannister, confirmed.

Geez, that's hard up. Surely there's something else she's known for, besides covering a song from a fantasy tv show?

Top Bottom