• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    During the election I said we were voting between Cersei Lannister and Ramsey Bolton. Just a heads up for when they pick out the first family dog.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    New season debuted tonight.

"Hey, this season's episodes are all longer!"

*10 minute slow sweeping shot of white walkers approaching camera*

For the dramatic effect...I'll say though, as smart and vicious as cersei is, that and her naivety will become her undoing. I suspect Jon and Danny will met next episode or one after, curious how that interaction will go since neither Danny or Jon are expecting to bump into each other.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For the dramatic effect...I'll say though, as smart and vicious as cersei is, that and her naivety will become her undoing. I suspect Jon and Danny will met next episode or one after, curious how that interaction will go since neither Danny or Jon are expecting to bump into each other.

Cersi is a survivor. I somehow see her surviving everything thrown at her. She may not have a kingdom at the end, but I like her will to survive.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Cersi is a survivor. I somehow see her surviving everything thrown at her. She may not have a kingdom at the end, but I like her will to survive.

As many people who hate her, it's going to be hard for her to survive...she will depend on the mountain, that's for sure.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    By the books... according to prophecy (which has all come true) Cersi will die at the hands of her "younger brother." She has often thought that meant Tyrion, while totally ignoring the fact that Jamie is also younger, just by several minutes.

We shall see...

I knew House Frey wouldn't stand a chance against Arya, but DAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMMMM!!!!! That girl is more dangerous than half the people in here.

I am hoping that all the Sand Snakes die this season. They betrayed their uncle who was a wise and benevolent leader, a man who looked to the future for his people. They are shortsighted fools.

One of my favorite scenes so far was between Daenerys and Tyrion, when she made him the Hand of the Queen. For the first time EVER someone has respected Tyrion for what he is capable of.

Oh, and let us not forget that Tyrion and Sansa are still legally married. I don't think that has ever been undone, but will it be acknowledged by either one of them?

Regards,

Doug

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'd love to see Daenerys die in a wholly unremarkable way... but they likely wouldn't do that.

I just hope to see her walk out of a fire naked at least once more.

If it weren't for those pesky dragons, I bet people would be setting her clothes on fire all the time.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The show has, for the most part, tried to evade expectations and predictions.

I'd love to see Daenerys die in a wholly unremarkable way... but they likely wouldn't do that.

Personally, think Danny gets the iron throne...then against, a prince was promised. Some say the night king will take the iron throne...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I had a thought last night - and it's probably crazy - that, in an act of tragic, poetic symmetry, Jamie Lannister will be forced to kill Cersei Lannister, in an act to spare the Seven Kingdoms.

And speaking of random thoughts about Lannisters, I only recently considered what I have now discovered to be a quite-old fan theory: that Tyrion Lannister was sired by Aerys, and is therefore part Targaryen. Would Dany, John Snow, and Tyrion being the eventual, three-headed dragon be too clean/trite of an ending to the story?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    One of my favorite scenes so far was between Daenerys and Tyrion, when she made him the Hand of the Queen. For the first time EVER someone has respected Tyrion for what he is capable of.

Oh, and let us not forget that Tyrion and Sansa are still legally married. I don't think that has ever been undone, but will it be acknowledged by either one of them?

That was one of my favorite scenes, as well.

But as for Tyrion and Sansa: in Westeros, do marriages not require consummation in order to be legitimized?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Thoughts/questions:

1. Bran, bearing the mark of the Night King, crossed the Wall, and through its magical protections. Does that mean that the magical protection of the Wall is now negated, as with the erstwhile protection of the Three-Eyed Raven's cave?

2. Will we never see Lady Stoneheart? Hard to see that plot point being introduced, now

3. Are we about to see Arya reunited with Nymeria? (See: EP2 previews)

4. How did the Ironborn build a 1,000-ship armada that quickly?

5. Is Euron's "priceless gift" going to be the Dragonbinder horn?

6. John Snow needs to align with Dany, post haste. But how is that possible, logistically, with them being on opposite ends of Westeros, and with the Night King coming from the north?

7. Littlefinger still has his own schemes. How will they play out? (He currently has the largest, and perhaps only, mounted army left in Westeros.)

8. Undead GIANTS?!?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had a thought last night - and it's probably crazy - that, in an act of tragic, poetic symmetry, Jamie Lannister will be forced to kill Cersei Lannister, in an act to spare the Seven Kingdoms.

And speaking of random thoughts about Lannisters, I only recently considered what I have now discovered to be a quite-old fan theory: that Tyrion Lannister was sired by Aerys, and is therefore part Targaryen. Would Dany, John Snow, and Tyrion being the eventual, three-headed dragon be too clean/trite of an ending to the story?

Yep. If you read the books, Aerys had a unhealthy obsession with Tywin's wife. And of course Tywin hated Tyrion. Tywin makes the statement "...and I can't 'prove' you aren't mine" to Tyrion, which may be a bit of a hint.
    One thing that's going to be hard for me to swallow, is Dany's enemies fielding armies against her and her dragons. The history of Westeros and dragons is well known. You put an army against dragons, and they get roasted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thoughts/questions:

1. Bran, bearing the mark of the Night King, crossed the Wall, and through its magical protections. Does that mean that the magical protection of the Wall is now negated, as with the erstwhile protection of the Three-Eyed Raven's cave?

2. Will we never see Lady Stoneheart? Hard to see that plot point being introduced, now

3. Are we about to see Arya reunited with Nymeria? (See: EP2 previews)

4. How did the Ironborn build a 1,000-ship armada that quickly?

5. Is Euron's "priceless gift" going to be the Dragonbinder horn?

6. John Snow needs to align with Dany, post haste. But how is that possible, logistically, with them being on opposite ends of Westeros, and with the Night King coming from the north?

7. Littlefinger still has his own schemes. How will they play out? (He currently has the largest, and perhaps only, mounted army left in Westeros.)

8. Undead GIANTS?!?

#6. Jon mentioned during the meeting that they needed dragonglass. Sam discovers that dragon stone (where Dany lands) is built on heaps of it. Sam sent a raven to Jon, so I expect he will be going there.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Euron's "priceless gift" I believe is Tyrian lanester. To late to introduce the other egg the villerian steel sword and armor and the dragonbinder horn.

Tryian may well not be a lanester also. I do believe the "your no son of mine" before the father was slain was not said for nothing.

I believe we shall see an undead dragon. Ridden by the night king. So giants and a dragon. And ice spiders.

Lady stormborn not going to happen to bad for that. Once again not enough time.

Bran I think is the night king when he saw the birth of the king from the children of the forest and the dragon glass to the heart he felt it. Maybe he goes into the past gets trapped get's turned and becomes the night king. The more he goes back and messes with the past (Hodor) the more things get messed up. His voice drives the mad king mad. His spells make the wall and break the wall. He is bran the builder, bran the three eyed raven, the night king, . That causes John to kill bran or not kill bran.

I think the whole story is written by Sam.

death predictions this season. The greyjoy's minus euron. The pretty snake girls with the bad ass skills. Little finger. Cerise lanester, Jamie lanester (by his own hand after killing his sister lover) the mountain breanne the red headed wildling.

Maybe be the iron throne being made of valerian steel swords is dismantled and the dragon stone throne being made of dragon glass is dismantled and used again as weapons to kill off the ice zombies. Thus the iron throne is destroyed the dragon stone throne destroyed and most all of the ruling parties of the kingdom destroyed leaving all the ladies to rule what is left. Hopefully the bear girl ariea Sansa ect.

Then again I have always been wrong when it comes to this series.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep. If you read the books, Aerys had a unhealthy obsession with Tywin's wife. And of course Tywin hated Tyrion. Tywin makes the statement "...and I can't 'prove' you aren't mine" to Tyrion, which may be a bit of a hint.
    One thing that's going to be hard for me to swallow, is Dany's enemies fielding armies against her and her dragons. The history of Westeros and dragons is well known. You put an army against dragons, and they get roasted.

Definitely. But in the books it's almost telegraphed - almost like a red herring.

There are only 12 episodes left now in the entire series. I don't see too much time for too many battles to play out, with the chess pieces moving around a great deal. IMHO, it makes more sense for a Westerosi alliance to form, first to deal with the remaining Lannisters, and second, to defend against the Night King.

Top Bottom