Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Except for:
    -that whole pushing Bran out of the window thing
    -killing Ned's guards
    -Murdered his cousin while in captivity
    -Threatens, seriously, to catapult Edmure Tully's son into the walls of Riverrun

He's on a redemption arc, sure, but he's not what I'd call good guy.

He has his moments. Brienne brings out the best in him. But on the whole he's an awful person. He is only good when compared to other Lanisters.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's a callback to the books, and the story of the Rat Cook. A cook killed a visiting Lord's son and fed it to him in a pie. The gods were angry, not because of the feeding of the son to the Lord, but because the cook, had violated guest right. With guest right, a visiting person traditionally asks for salt and bread, and upon eating is supposed to be safe. The cook, like Walder Frey violated this tradition. Anyways, the cook was turned into a rat, and was condemned to only be able to eat his rodent offspring.

Is Martin knocking off Ratatouille?

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    It's a callback to the books, and the story of the Rat Cook. A cook killed a visiting Lord's son and fed it to him in a pie. The gods were angry, not because of the feeding of the son to the Lord, but because the cook, had violated guest right. With guest right, a visiting person traditionally asks for salt and bread, and upon eating is supposed to be safe. The cook, like Walder Frey violated this tradition. Anyways, the cook was turned into a rat, and was condemned to only be able to eat his rodent offspring.

I remember that story from the book. I was just worried ( still am somewhat ) that Arya is going to meet a bad death but it looks like she is handing them out.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    We just watched it tonight! It certainly delivered. We were expecting a couple surprise deaths, but wow Cersei took out a lot of people. Will miss Marjorie. Then Tommen nose dives out of his room, wasnt expecting that one. I'm hoping that Arya can re-unite with her siblings at Winterfell.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    More predictions, because why not

The wildfire situation will have caused the other two alleged dragon eggs under the sept to hatch

These dragons will kill two or three of Dany's dragons when she comes to take King's Landing, maybe even killing her (I see her drowning for some reason, seems fitting).

Or maybe they'll be used/forced to create dragonglass.

Who ends up killing Arya? She's supposed to have a "bittersweet" ending... maybe the Hound will do a mercy killing or something. That sounds reasonable.

We are running out of primary characters.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Who ends up killing Arya? She's supposed to have a "bittersweet" ending... maybe the Hound will do a mercy killing or something. That sounds reasonable.

Bittersweet ... she realizes she can't return to her old life, she truly become one of the faceless ones.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The wildfire situation will have caused the other two alleged dragon eggs under the sept to hatch

These dragons will kill two or three of Dany's dragons when she comes to take King's Landing, maybe even killing her (I see her drowning for some reason, seems fitting).

Or maybe they'll be used/forced to create dragonglass.

I've wondered if the 3 eggs Dany has were from the clutch of 5, despite Illyrio stating that they were from a place far away from Westeros.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Dany will run into the ironborn in her trip across the ocean. Dragons will burn Euron's ship and the rest of the ships will unite under Yara (and because of this under Dany). Dany will marry Snow. The North + Dany's forces and dragons will gain the throne. Dany will sit on the throne and Snow will rule the north. Tyrion will be the one that kills Cersei.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Actually Ratatouille(2007) may be knocking off GRRM. The GoTs reference is from 2000.

Lol, well there you go.

On the theories of who is going to die: I kind of think most of the dying will be done by the Walder Frey's for a while. He's pared down the cast to a core group for the final conflict. Certainly there will be some more killing, but I think there will be more plot development and moving the story along. But there are a few characters left that don't have to be around for the end.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dany will run into the ironborn in her trip across the ocean. Dragons will burn Euron's ship and the rest of the ships will unite under Yara (and because of this under Dany). Dany will marry Snow. The North + Dany's forces and dragons will gain the throne. Dany will sit on the throne and Snow will rule the north. Tyrion will be the one that kills Cersei.

I can't see Dany and Snow marrying.... especially because it seems Dany seems to be showing flashes of tyranny. Jon Snow is a Targaryen, and if legitimized, is heir apparent, over Dany, to the crown.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where the hell is Ser Ilyn Payne, the head chopping no tongue jokester (formerly)?.... and, if you didn't know, related to Podrick

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Where the hell is Ser Ilyn Payne, the head chopping no tongue jokester (formerly)?.... and, if you didn't know, related to Podrick

Forgot all about that dude, and I didn't know that. There hasn't been much activity by the vassal lords in the south, outside of Jamie's little trip up to River Run.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Upon further reflection, one thing that has struck me is just how isolated the Lannisters are about to become. The Targaryen alliance now includes the ironborn, Dorne, and the Reach - the latter two of whom are in direct conflict with the Lannisters. The Starks now control the North again, in alliance with the Vale - both of whom are in direct conflict with the Lannisters - and in alliance with the free folk. Whatever fighting force the Riverlands have were disarmed and thrown out of their castle - by the Lannisters. And as Jamie clearly insinuated, the Freys may hold Riverrun, but they are incompetent. House Baratheon, as far as we know, is now irrelevant.

If Bran successfully makes it south of the wall and reunites with the Starks at Winterfell before Dany arrives in Westeros, and reveals Snow's true parentage, Dany could claim the Iron Throne without barely a drop of blood being shed. Of course, the North will be worrying more about the Night's King and about the Iron Throne.

But all of that is really beside the point: the Lannisters are in big, big trouble. They have no one left. Maybe Jamie marries Brienne, and the Tarths unite whatever is left of the Baratheon vassals with the Lannisters. But that seems to be a huge stretch. There is also the possibility that House Florent (or House Tarly) makes a claim for regency over the Reach, and aligns with the Lannisters. Again, this seems to be a stretch.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Forgot all about that dude, and I didn't know that. There hasn't been much activity by the vassal lords in the south, outside of Jamie's little trip up to River Run.

If I recall correctly, in the books, it is Illyn Payne who accompanies Jamie to the siege at Riverrun, and cuts Edmure Tully down from the gallows. That role was appropriated by Bronn in the adaptation - perhaps because of the declining health (cancer) of the actor who portrays Payne.

Top Bottom