• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The season finale was awesome. Glad they finally dropped the clues about Jon Snow's true parents. I don't like Cersi, but I like how she knocked out the Sparrow and all of his fanatics. And still had that one that did her shame walk... she is going to have an unpleasant time with the Mountain.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Predictions

Jamie kills Cersei
    Danny dies in an unremarkable way
    Jon makes it far, but ultimately loses/dies

Here's Jamie coming back:

S96oiWf.gif

And spoilers, for those that haven't watched it...

For those keeping score (though I'm sure there's some distant family):

Lannisters remaining: 3? Jamie, Cersei, Tyrion (Kevan and Lancel died)
    Starks remaining: 5? Benjen, John, Arya, Sansa, Bran

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The way these stories go often seem pretty obvious to me. Cersei is going to kill Tommen. The irony being how much she loves her children, and having seen them die at the hands of others, she is going to kill one (the last one) herself. Jamie is going to kill Cersei, and fulfill the "little brother" killing her prediction (Jamie is a few seconds younger). More than likely, she's going to try and pull a "Mad King," and burn down King's Landing, and Jamie will be forced to reprise his role.

PS: I may be wrong about Cersei killing Tommen. He may be killed by someone else, inspiring her to burn the whole place down.

Nice call.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Predictions

Jamie kills Cersei
    Danny dies in an unremarkable way
    Jon makes it far, but ultimately loses/dies

Here's Jamie coming back:

S96oiWf.gif

And spoilers, for those that haven't watched it...

For those keeping score (though I'm sure there's some distant family):

Lannisters remaining: 3? Jamie, Cersei, Tyrion (Kevan and Lancel died)
    Starks remaining: 5? Benjen, John, Arya, Sansa, Bran

My predictions:

There are two "seasons" left; they are going to be shorter but with the same budget for the added effects that will be needed.

Season 7 finale, Jon and Dany will meet to unify their forces against the greater enemy. This will be brokered by Tyrion.

When the North learns of R+L=J, it won't be a big deal.

There were dragon eggs stored under the Sept of Baelor and Cersei has unwittingly hatched them. The hatchlings will be a nuisance until Dany flies a dragon over King's Landing (already shown in visions) and attracts them to her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My predictions:

There are two "seasons" left; they are going to be shorter but with the same budget for the added effects that will be needed.

Season 7 finale, Jon and Dany will meet to unify their forces against the greater enemy. This will be brokered by Tyrion.

When the North learns of R+L=J, it won't be a big deal.

There were dragon eggs stored under the Sept of Baelor and Cersei has unwittingly hatched them. The hatchlings will be a nuisance until Dany flies a dragon over King's Landing (already shown in visions) and attracts them to her.

Jon Snow will sit on the Iron Throne. Rhaegar and Lyanna will have secretly married, and there will be clue that will be found that would make it obvious to everyone. If that marriage did occur. Jon Snow, will be a Stark.... thus keeping the North's loyalty, and a Targaryan, covering the rest of the realm. He will have a MUCH better claim that Dany.

As far as more dragons, that's possible. The last dragon did lay 5 eggs, and it's unknown what happened to them. Also, the only way to hatch them is with blood magic and fire. Lost of blood spilled and lots of fire at the sept.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What a phenomenal episode to end the season.

So, the worst-kept secret is no longer a secret (to the audience - I suspect we'll get a Howland Reed sighting next season, to confirm Snow's parentage). Cersei fully embraced her inner evil. Almost every house is now controlled by a woman, setting up an epic War of (how many?) Queens during the winter. Arya (how did she get back to Westeros?) is one bad, little lady. Bran is about the bring the wall down by crossing the border and destroying the magic. The Tyrells are all but ended, and Lady Olenna is about to exact some revenge.

I picked up on a nice homage to a scene from the books that was left out of the series: in the books, Cersei does the wildfire-implosion trick on the Tower of the Hand, and watches it happen. The slaughter at the Sept echoed that scene - I assume, intentionally.

And I need to re-watch, to see what exactly the sigil was on Dany's sails. It was like a blood-kracken-dragon, or something.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Jon Snow will sit on the Iron Throne. Rhaegar and Lyanna will have secretly married, and there will be clue that will be found that would make it obvious to everyone. If that marriage did occur. Jon Snow, will be a Stark.... thus keeping the North's loyalty, and a Targaryan, covering the rest of the realm. He will have a MUCH better claim that Dany.

As far as more dragons, that's possible. The last dragon did lay 5 eggs, and it's unknown what happened to them. Also, the only way to hatch them is with blood magic and fire. Lost of blood spilled and lots of fire at the sept.

I have seen theories put out that Jon and Dany would marry in Targaryan tradition but that's kinda . . . eww. Don't know if they would go that far.

The pic on my TV was too dark but someone played with the contrast and put it up on YouTube . . . Sir Gregor ain't looking too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJbUeVUGswo

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Dany, Jon Snow and Tyrion will ride the dragons in the battle against the white walkers.

So, the worst-kept secret is no longer a secret (to the audience - I suspect we'll get a Howland Reed sighting next season, to confirm Snow's parentage). Cersei fully embraced her inner evil. Almost every house is now controlled by a woman, setting up an epic War of (how many?) Queens during the winter. Arya (how did she get back to Westeros?) is one bad, little lady. Bran is about the bring the wall down by crossing the border and destroying the magic. The Tyrells are all but ended, and Lady Olenna is about to exact some revenge.

I picked up on a nice homage to a scene from the books that was left out of the series: in the books, Cersei does the wildfire-implosion trick on the Tower of the Hand, and watches it happen. The slaughter at the Sept echoed that scene - I assume, intentionally.

And I need to re-watch, to see what exactly the sigil was on Dany's sails. It was like a blood-kracken-dragon, or something.

I thought it looked like a three headed dragon.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I don't think that Bran is the key to crossing the wall. That seems too basic. While I know the White Walkers were able to defeat the cave magic because they had compromised Bran, I don't think that will apply at the wall. What I think, is that the Horn of Winter actually exists, and that the White Walkers have it. In the books, Mance Rayder claims to have it, but rather than use it, he tries to bargin with the Night's Watch to let the Wildlings pass and then they'd turn over the horn. The Watch refuses, and before the horn is blown, Stannis destroys their army.... So I'm not sure he actually had the real McCoy.

As for the sails, I doubt Dany would allow a vassal to share a sail with her sigil on it. The Targaryen sigil does look like it has multiple arms that one might see as tentacles... but it only multiple dragon heads, wings, and tails.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What! Didn't realize that was the last episode of the season..... What am I going to do with my Sundays now? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well Cercei did burn it down. She drove Tommen to suicide, but didn't exactly kill him. But everything she does backfires on her.
    Jamie had the big WTF look in the throne room. He will stick with her though.

Arya is still my favorite character.

I guess I assumed Davos had figured out what happened to the princess. Now the witch is going to have to find a home. Not sure what she will do.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Well Cercei did burn it down. She drove Tommen to suicide, but didn't exactly kill him. But everything she does backfires on her.
    Jamie had the big WTF look in the throne room. He will stick with her though.

Arya is still my favorite character.

I guess I assumed Davos had figured out what happened to the princess. Now the witch is going to have to find a home. Not sure what she will do.

Jamie has killed one mad king and now has a crazy ***** queen sister evil baby Moma to deal with. He is going to stick her one way or the other.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamie has killed one mad king and now has a crazy ***** queen sister evil baby Moma to deal with. He is going to stick her one way or the other.

Most viewers would probably dislike him early on... but Jamie is one of the more honorable and virtuous characters. Even Tyrion wouldn't be far behind in that regard.

Jamie would be pretty neutral as far as D&D alignment tests go. Not sure about Lawful/Chaotic. If you take out all the incest, he's actually a pretty good guy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most viewers would probably dislike him early on... but Jamie is one of the more honorable and virtuous characters. Even Tyrion wouldn't be far behind in that regard.

Jamie would be pretty neutral as far as D&D alignment tests go. Not sure about Lawful/Chaotic. If you take out all the incest, he's actually a pretty good guy.

Except for:
    -that whole pushing Bran out of the window thing
    -killing Ned's guards
    -Murdered his cousin while in captivity
    -Threatens, seriously, to catapult Edmure Tully's son into the walls of Riverrun

He's on a redemption arc, sure, but he's not what I'd call good guy.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I always figured John Snow was the child of Lyanna and Robert Baratheon. He looks like Robert and such a big deal was made of how Baratheon's children all look like him. John Snow is swarthy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Best scene of the show was when Arya told Walder he was eating his sons. I was definitely not expecting that.

It's a callback to the books, and the story of the Rat Cook. A cook killed a visiting Lord's son and fed it to him in a pie. The gods were angry, not because of the feeding of the son to the Lord, but because the cook, had violated guest right. With guest right, a visiting person traditionally asks for salt and bread, and upon eating is supposed to be safe. The cook, like Walder Frey violated this tradition. Anyways, the cook was turned into a rat, and was condemned to only be able to eat his rodent offspring.

Top Bottom