• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So the blackfish is dead. Jamie and Edmure Tully have a tenuous alliance, giving them a huge army. It's a long way away, but there is no one between them and Winterfell. Meanwhile, John just got his army killed. He's pretty dependent on the Knights of the Vale right now, unless Tully decides to sack up and turn on Jamie.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Resurrection definitely shouldn't be a thing for any series to make a habit. It's contrived enough already... and using it as a fall-back would be awful for the story.

You can only make a habit of raising the dead so much, once per point of constitution if I recall correctly.

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So the blackfish is dead. Jamie and Edmure Tully have a tenuous alliance, giving them a huge army. It's a long way away, but there is no one between them and Winterfell. Meanwhile, John just got his army killed. He's pretty dependent on the Knights of the Vale right now, unless Tully decides to sack up and turn on Jamie.

No way Tullys' join with the Lannisters. That wasn't the deal, nor was it Jamie's intent. He just wanted the get Riverrun back for the Frey's, so he could return to Cersi. Remember that Edmure Tully, is Catlyn Stark's little brother, and Sweet Robin of the Vale, is the son of Lysa Tully (his other sister). I'd seriously doubt he'd take up arms against his blood.... especially given that his army was disarmed, and I assume he will be reunited with his wife and son.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No way Tullys' join with the Lannisters. That wasn't the deal, nor was it Jamie's intent. He just wanted the get Riverrun back for the Frey's, so he could return to Cersi. Remember that Edmure Tully, is Catlyn Stark's little brother, and Sweet Robin of the Vale, is the son of Lysa Tully (his other sister). I'd seriously doubt he'd take up arms against his blood.... especially given that his army was disarmed, and I assume he will be reunited with his wife and son.

Yeah I'm tracking the relationship thing. Just wondering how much Jamie is going to push this. And how much Edmure is willing to take. But Jamie and Cersei have a real problem right now. Their son might get her killed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah I'm tracking the relationship thing. Just wondering how much Jamie is going to push this. And how much Edmure is willing to take. But Jamie and Cersei have a real problem right now. Their son might get her killed.

The way these stories go often seem pretty obvious to me. Cersei is going to kill Tommen. The irony being how much she loves her children, and having seen them die at the hands of others, she is going to kill one (the last one) herself. Jamie is going to kill Cersei, and fulfill the "little brother" killing her prediction (Jamie is a few seconds younger). More than likely, she's going to try and pull a "Mad King," and burn down King's Landing, and Jamie will be forced to reprise his role.

PS: I may be wrong about Cersei killing Tommen. He may be killed by someone else, inspiring her to burn the whole place down.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The way these stories go often seem pretty obvious to me. Cersei is going to kill Tommen. The irony being how much she loves her children, and having seen them die at the hands of others, she is going to kill one (the last one) herself. Jamie is going to kill Cersei, and fulfill the "little brother" killing her prediction (Jamie is a few seconds younger). More than likely, she's going to try and pull a "Mad King," and burn down King's Landing, and Jamie will be forced to reprise his role.

PS: I may be wrong about Cersei killing Tommen. He may be killed by someone else, inspiring her to burn the whole place down.

How about old lady Tyrell having him killed? I don't see Cersei doing it. And I don't think Jamie would kill his sister without dying himself in the process.

But Cersei burning down KL is definitely a possibility.

Oh, and Dany has a fleet now.....

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Why didn't John just grab up Rickon's body and take him to Melisandre?

Resurrection definitely shouldn't be a thing for any series to make a habit. It's contrived enough already... and using it as a fall-back would be awful for the story.

Besides, the witch is having a crisis of faith at the moment.

remember that the witch said the reason jon snow was resurrected was because the gods weren't done with him here yet, and that he still had things to do!

and also remember resurrection has different affects...jon snow is normal...the mountain is zombie like (looks rotten, doesn't speak)

(affects or effects, don't remember the correct word for this type of usage sorry)

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    remember that the witch said the reason jon snow was resurrected was because the gods weren't done with him here yet, and that he still had things to do!

and also remember resurrection has different affects...jon snow is normal...the mountain is zombie like (looks rotten, doesn't speak)

(affects or effects, don't remember the correct word for this type of usage sorry)

I know there are differences between the books and the tv series but....... The Mountain was poisoned by Oberyn's spear and while she hasn't been mentioned in the series, Catelyn Stark was mutilated and found in the river, she's not normal after her resurrection. John was stabbed, hence his normal appearance. Berric Dondarrion said he is losing pieces of himself which makes me think if you lose an eye and are brought back, the eye is still gone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about old lady Tyrell having him killed? I don't see Cersei doing it. And I don't think Jamie would kill his sister without dying himself in the process.

But Cersei burning down KL is definitely a possibility.

Oh, and Dany has a fleet now.....

I doubt the Queen of Thorns would murder Tommen. He's not a bad kid, like Joffrey, he's just naïve. She, for the most part (at least how she's portrayed in the books), isn't an evil person, but she had no qualms about killing people she believes are evil.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know there are differences between the books and the tv series but....... The Mountain was poisoned by Oberyn's spear and while she hasn't been mentioned in the series, Catelyn Stark was mutilated and found in the river, she's not normal after her resurrection. John was stabbed, hence his normal appearance. Berric Dondarrion said he is losing pieces of himself which makes me think if you lose an eye and are brought back, the eye is still gone.

I must confess I haven't read the books, but the mountain doesn't speak (I know that the maester who brought him back said he had taken a vow of silence till caersi's enemies had been punished) but I'm more inclined to go with the zombie thing, especially if he's losing pieces of himself he's rotting away.

im thinking "religious vs. scientific" resurrections, john was religious vs. the mountains scientific (I hope I don't make anyone mad with this comment) Jesus as opposed to the walking dead

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I must confess I haven't read the books, but the mountain doesn't speak (I know that the maester who brought him back said he had taken a vow of silence till caersi's enemies had been punished) but I'm more inclined to go with the zombie thing, especially if he's losing pieces of himself he's rotting away.

im thinking "religious vs. scientific" resurrections, john was religious vs. the mountains scientific (I hope I don't make anyone mad with this comment) Jesus as opposed to the walking dead

It has been a few months since I read the last book and I know the Mountain is killed in it but I can't remember if he is brought back yet in the book. I remember that line about the vow of silence from the show. I just figured it was a way for them to deny he was resurrected. I just kind of figured resurrecting him was like resurrecting a piece of spoiled meat, I didn't think about the religion vs science angle.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It has been a few months since I read the last book and I know the Mountain is killed in it but I can't remember if he is brought back yet in the book. I remember that line about the vow of silence from the show. I just figured it was a way for them to deny he was resurrected. I just kind of figured resurrecting him was like resurrecting a piece of spoiled meat, I didn't think about the religion vs science angle.

He's not killed in the books. It's told to the everybody else, besides Cersei and Qyburn, that he's dead, but he never actually dies. He's kept in a sort of coma while Qyburn experiments on him, and eventually he is brought back as Ser Robert Strong.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I would call the Mountain "necromanced". He wasn't so much resurrected, as he was reanimated (similar to the way the White Walkers reanimate the Wights).

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I doubt the Queen of Thorns would murder Tommen. He's not a bad kid, like Joffrey, he's just naïve. She, for the most part (at least how she's portrayed in the books), isn't an evil person, but she had no qualms about killing people she believes are evil.

I'm with you, but a part of me is thinking she's still pragmatic at times. What will she do as her world crumbles?

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    He's not killed in the books. It's told to the everybody else, besides Cersei and Qyburn, that he's dead, but he never actually dies. He's kept in a sort of coma while Qyburn experiments on him, and eventually he is brought back as Ser Robert Strong.

Maybe I read it wrong. I took it that he died.

Top Bottom