• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You ever stop to think that maybe people slow down as they get up to you because they're wary of being cut off or run into the median, or even smashed into oblivion, by some jackhole that changes lanes at the last second, and it could be any trucker in that line that does it to them?

Maybe its just me, but I can tell you, I have literally been stuck in the lane, turn signal on for MILES because people driving 4 wheeled vehicles don't pay attention. Perhaps, J, the turn signal these people who are "wary of being run off the road" on the truck at "last second" has been on for quite some time.

From personal experience, I have made lane changes when there have been cars hundreds of yards behind me only to have them run up on my ass so closely, they could taste what I had for breakfast, then squirt into the right lane as soon as there is two inches of clearance. Only to find that there is something in their way, then crowd the lane making it impossible for me to complete a pass and return to the right lane. It sucks being the apparent cause of a back up in the left lane (people always blame the big truck) when its the jackwagons in the cars that forced the truck to stay there.

Just watch sometime, you'll start seeing it happen more and more. In general, drivers in cars fail to take into consideration that everyone on the road has the same rights, especially trucks. A 5 second drop in speed for a car is equally 3 to 4 minutes to a truck (depending on the drop) 80,000 lbs tends to create a lot of drag, ya know?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Also, try driving a truck(a real truck, not a pickup) people will pull some stupid crap in front of a 40 ton vehicle.

And a lot of people in a 40 ton vehicle drive with their heads up their butts. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people drive like morons at some point. If you've never done something stupid behind the wheel, good for you. If you just think you haven't, you're probably doing it quite a bit because it is far too dark (and smelly) where you usually rest your head.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    And a lot of people in a 40 ton vehicle drive with their heads up their butts. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of people drive like morons at some point. If you've never done something stupid behind the wheel, good for you. If you just think you haven't, you're probably doing it quite a bit because it is far too dark (and smelly) where you usually rest your head.
    I'm not too proud to admit I've done dumb crap. I've thus far left that contained to my cars and pickups. That said, it's quite a bit easier to get a operator's license than a Class A CDL. That and personal experience is enough for me to believe there are more idiots per capita in four wheelers than in 18 wheelers.

The CB actually helps a lot, other drivers will usually call out an idiot in a truck if they see one.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm not too proud to admit I've done dumb crap. I've thus far left that contained to my cars and pickups. That said, it's quite a bit easier to get a operator's license than a Class A CDL. That and personal experience is enough for me to believe there are more idiots per capita in four wheelers than in 18 wheelers.

The CB actually helps a lot, other drivers will usually call out an idiot in a truck if they see one.

Or a hot little seat cover. :naughty:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Funny what some women will do seemingly oblivious to what we can see from up high.

That and if you see a hottie doing the "pull the horn" signal and you don't do it, you're either gay, stupid, or up a bear's butt. :D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    And if you see someone doing something stupid, try not to add to it. A moron I talked to about an accident told me he seen the other person was not going to stop at the stop sign but since he had the right of way, he let them hit him.:ugh::ugh:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've briefly considered hitting those people who are waiting to turn into traffic that leave the nose of their car sticking out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd love to put a cow catcher on the front of a big truck and start blasting the guys who keep turning left in front of me well into my green light.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I want to make is so if you leave your turn signal on for more than a mile, your car automatically turns that direction. Abruptly. And then shuts itself off.

That's so annoying when they just, keep, going ...

Provided there is no one behind you. :)

ALSO, I think people should have to fix their headlights, taillights, turn signals (front and back) if they go out. It's so annoying to have a car with one headlight/taillight or that stupid quick flashing turn signal. GAH!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Bicycle riders, riding two or more abreast, riding along busy/main streets and highways. Youll see this a lot around Bloomington and Monroe county.
    Are you talking about the ones actually in the lanes or the ones that try to ride on the shoulder? I have no problem with cyclists that are in the lanes. That is where they are supposed to be.

However, I HATE it when I am in downtown Indy and have the hipsters on their stupid one gear bicycles that want the right to be in traffic lanes, but want to follow no form of traffic laws. They don't stay stopped for lights. They don't signal when turning. They go the wrong way on one way streets. Ugh. :xmad:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you talking about the ones actually in the lanes or the ones that try to ride on the shoulder? I have no problem with cyclists that are in the lanes. That is where they are supposed to be.

Meh. ... It's Bloomington. Where eschuing (sp?) fossil fuels and being "green" is is the hip thing and common courteousy is a forgotten concept.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

In my 29 years of having a CDL (When I got my license it was a chauffeurs license) I'm not going to say I'm perfect. I've had a few bone head moves, but if I drove my company truck the way about 40% of the people on the road do, there would be a lot of dead people on the road.

There's a lot of people out there that don't pay attention or give a heavy tractor and trailer the respect it needs for it's size and weight, heck they don't even give their fellow 4 wheelers respect either.

To me as I get older it seems as if a lot of people lose all regard for life and limb when they get into there vehicle, they are in their enclosed steel shell impervious to the fact that anything they hit or hits them can end their life in a second, or leave them incapacitated for the rest of their life.

20 years ago there was different attitude on the road, polite, courteous and respectful, but today everyone seems to drive with a sense of urgency, their life is so frazzled and full of "I HAVE to get this done now" tasks, that they loose the scope of what their actions can do during this time frame.

Most problems could be solved by just leaving a little earlier, not be so rushed, treat other drivers as you want to be treated, give a person the same respect on the road as you would walking down the sidewalk, don't invade the personal space, pause a step so to not walk on the heels of who is in front of you, hold a door open for someone approaching as you are leaving or entering.

Take a deep breath and relax, be a little less frazzled.:)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    In my 29 years of having a CDL (When I got my license it was a chauffeurs license) I'm not going to say I'm perfect. I've had a few bone head moves, but if I drove my company truck the way about 40% of the people on the road do, there would be a lot of dead people on the road.

There's a lot of people out there that don't pay attention or give a heavy tractor and trailer the respect it needs for it's size and weight, heck they don't even give their fellow 4 wheelers respect either.

To me as I get older it seems as if a lot of people lose all regard for life and limb when they get into there vehicle, they are in their enclosed steel shell impervious to the fact that anything they hit or hits them can end their life in a second, or leave them incapacitated for the rest of their life.

20 years ago there was different attitude on the road, polite, courteous and respectful, but today everyone seems to drive with a sense of urgency, their life is so frazzled and full of "I HAVE to get this done now" tasks, that they loose the scope of what their actions can do during this time frame.

Most problems could be solved by just leaving a little earlier, not be so rushed, treat other drivers as you want to be treated, give a person the same respect on the road as you would walking down the sidewalk, don't invade the personal space, pause a step so to not walk on the heels of who is in front of you, hold a door open for someone approaching as you are leaving or entering.

Take a deep breath and relax, be a little less frazzled.:)

He types on his iPhone while driving down Pendleton Pike.

:D :stickpoke:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Most problems could be solved by just leaving a little earlier...

Hey!

Dont encourage them to get out and get in my way! I like having at least the early commute to myself (relatively).

Sleep in, folks. No sense getting to work more than 5 seconds early. There's plenty of time.

:D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Maybe its just me, but I can tell you, I have literally been stuck in the lane, turn signal on for MILES because people driving 4 wheeled vehicles don't pay attention. Perhaps, J, the turn signal these people who are "wary of being run off the road" on the truck at "last second" has been on for quite some time.

From personal experience, I have made lane changes when there have been cars hundreds of yards behind me only to have them run up on my ass so closely, they could taste what I had for breakfast, then squirt into the right lane as soon as there is two inches of clearance. Only to find that there is something in their way, then crowd the lane making it impossible for me to complete a pass and return to the right lane. It sucks being the apparent cause of a back up in the left lane (people always blame the big truck) when its the jackwagons in the cars that forced the truck to stay there.

Just watch sometime, you'll start seeing it happen more and more. In general, drivers in cars fail to take into consideration that everyone on the road has the same rights, especially trucks. A 5 second drop in speed for a car is equally 3 to 4 minutes to a truck (depending on the drop) 80,000 lbs tends to create a lot of drag, ya know?

In some cases I'm sure you're right. I'm not trying to say there are no jackwagon car drivers, because we all know there are.

I try not to be that, because I drive a lot of miles myself. If I see your turn signal on ahead of time, I'll make room. I'll let you over. That's not a big deal to me. I understand truck drivers sometimes have to change lanes. And I can also say that there have been many, many times those turn signals have NOT been on for miles on end. They've been on for all of .5 seconds before the truck lurches over right in front of me forcing me to hit my brake pedal to avoid an accident. It's not that I didn't see them, because I specifically look for them and pay attention to that - I don't want to die on my way home from St. Louis, or Chicago, or Kentucky, or wherever else I might have been, so I pay attention.

That aside, I don't care if your turn signal has been on for 50 miles. Putting people's lives in danger because you feel like cutting them off at the very last possible moment, in order to avoid a few minutes drop in speed, is ridiculously stupid, and truck drivers that do that need their licenses permanently revoked.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I try not to be that, because I drive a lot of miles myself. If I see your turn signal on ahead of time, I'll make room. I'll let you over. That's not a big deal to me. I understand truck drivers sometimes have to change lanes.

SNIP

That aside, I don't care if your turn signal has been on for 50 miles. Putting people's lives in danger because you feel like cutting them off at the very last possible moment, in order to avoid a few minutes drop in speed, is ridiculously stupid, and truck drivers that do that need their licenses permanently revoked.

So let me get this straight, you say if you see that truck with his turn signal on you'll make room in the first part of your post.

BUT...

The last part of it states you don't care if it's been on for 50 miles.

So which way is it?

If you see the guy has his signal on trying to merge over, there's a reason for it, be a sport slow down enough to give him the right a way to merge over.

Trucks don't have that speed burst when the peddle is pressed, his attempt to maintain or increase his speed because of a slower vehicle in front of him may make the difference two miles down the road on a incline where his speed gets decreased so much that it becomes a hazard to all.

Don't be a ass hat about it, the minute behind him will not be a life or death situation, you're still traveling faster than if you was in a horse and buggy or a Model T.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So let me get this straight, you say if you see that truck with his turn signal on you'll make room in the first part of your post.

BUT...

The last part of it states you don't care if it's been on for 50 miles.

So which way is it?

If you see the guy has his signal on trying to merge over, there's a reason for it, be a sport slow down enough to give him the right a way to merge over.

Trucks don't have that speed burst when the peddle is pressed, his attempt to maintain or increase his speed because of a slower vehicle in front of him may make the difference two miles down the road on a incline where his speed gets decreased so much that it becomes a hazard to all.

Don't be a ass hat about it, the minute behind him will not be a life or death situation, you're still traveling faster than if you was in a horse and buggy or a Model T.

Try to understand what you read.

I DO let them over.

BUT THAT IS INDEPENDENT OF THE FACT THAT THEIR SIGNAL HAVING BEEN ON IS NO EXCUSE TO PUT PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK BY CUTTING THEM OFF AT THE LAST SECOND IN ORDER TO NOT LOSE A LITTLE BIT OF TIME.

NOW DO YOU HAVE IT STRAIGHT?

Top Bottom