• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You can break the law and someelse does and their the problem. Typical speeder mentality.

I try to drive at or below the speed limit all the times. Speeders can kiss my DOT bumper!.
    I'm not a speeder. I'm not saying they're the problem any more than anyone else is. Are you even reading? Or do you just type?

You are being hypocritical. You're saying that the people speeding are breaking the law and then getting mad about the semis. How is that any different than semis illegally changing lanes and then getting mad at the speeders? Don't worry, I'll wait for your well thought out explanation and response.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of my favorites are drivers that will not get out of the passing lane, no matter how much traffic is piling up behind them of how many cars are passing them on the right.

Or

Truck drivers that will pull over to pass another truck that they are going 0.0001 mph faster than, while trying to pull a hill.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Auto was breaking the law so any subsequent problems are the auto drivers fault. .

I used numbers that are realistic ... but if you want to nitpick we can say 40 ton vehicle is 55 and 2 ton vehicle is 70 ...

My point was the 40 ton vehicle Driver should know by looking in his mirror before making the Lane Change that it would cause the 2 ton vehicle overtaking them to have to BRAKE to avoid a accident ... making the Lane Change the illegal action ... very similar to the 40 ton vehicle making a right turn on red in from of the 2 ton vehicle with the Green Light (posted speed 45) requiring the 2 ton vehicle to again BRAKE to avoid a accident

Would the 40 ton vehicle going 75 in the left lane like the mini-van going 45 to pull in front of them at the last second :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    THAT'S IT... I HAVE ABSOLUTELY HAD IT...

I honestly thought that rage like this wasn't supposed to hit until I was to hold to see to drive... but I really have issues with drivers. All of them. Young, old, new, whatever... So I'm making a list

Things NOT to do while driving:
    Text
    Email
    Apply Makeup
    Pluck Eyebrows
    Take a photo of your child in the back seat while doing 60mph
    Look at the passenger as you're talking to them (that is somewhat acceptable in small doses, but don't let your eyes stray much)
    Read a newspaper
    Do a crossword/word jumble

Pertaining to rules of the road (or something like that)...
    When turning, pull into the lane closest to you. Do not whip into the lane farthest from the turning point in front of me, who MOVED OVER for you...
    Do not, under any circumstance, turn left on a red light. Even when you think no one is coming. You will cause an accident. unless you are turning from one one-way street onto another one-way street
    Do not merge onto an interstate at 20mph below the posted speed limit when there is no traffic. Unacceptable.
    Do not roll through stoplights because it's 'almost green' and you 'just feel like it'
    Do not mean-mug the person who almost creamed you and went by so as not have an accident. Also, don't flip them off.

Add your own,
    /rageragerage

At some point, in the last month all of that has happened to me. And more...

FIFY

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I'm not a speeder. I'm not saying they're the problem any more than anyone else is. Are you even reading? Or do you just type?

You are being hypocritical. You're saying that the people speeding are breaking the law and then getting mad about the semis. How is that any different than semis illegally changing lanes and then getting mad at the speeders? Don't worry, I'll wait for your well thought out explanation and response.

Your scenario had the auto driver going 75. Then the truck changing lanes. Then you add it was an illegal lane change. All the cya your doing has my head spinning .

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Your scenario had the auto driver going 75. Then the truck changing lanes. Then you add it was an illegal lane change. All the cya your doing has my head spinning .
    I didn't have a scenario with any speed. I just said tractor-trailers in the left lane or getting into the left lane quickly.

Also, I shouldn't have to "add it was an illegal lane change." As a responsible driver you should know that cutting someone off is an illegal lane change. You were the one that was talking about speeds and how "you'll just tell them to kiss your DOT bumper.

Yes, I can see why your head would be spinning.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Never ever wave another car thought traffic in front of you. as someone wanting to turn left or pull out when you are stopped for a light. If they pull into oncoming traffic you could be liable and will at very least feel bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's absolutely ridiculous.

The makeup/eyebrow one, I've almost been rear-ended twice by the same woman.

Although, my favorite was the lady and passenger who thought I was following tooooo close, yeah, a whole two car lengths. She started going about 8 mph and when I went to pass her, legally she attempted to side-swipe me and speed up. So I got behind her and just smiled. We made it to the stop light about 2/3 mile away from when this all started and she GOT OUT OF HER CAR AND POINTED AT ME AND YELLED SEVERAL PROFANITIES... I about hit her car because it was green. Her passenger was giving me both birds... >.>

When she finished and got back in the car she continued at <5mph to a turn and SAT THERE. WITH NO TRAFFIC. FOR 5 WHOLE MINUTES. I timed it... She finally turned and I floored it.

You are far more patient than I am sir. A true saint. I drive so much in my trade and see all of these things on a daily basis. Cars have become so easy to drive that it no longer takes all of a persons attention. To many distractions and folks are so self centered. A situation similar to this happened to me when a female driver turned in front of me after her arrow was red and I nearly hit her. She saw me at the last second and thought I was in the wrong. She circled the block and pulled out in front of me again. Same thing, her and passenger acting like idiots. I finally got up next to them and after she quit screaming I just asked her for her home address. She looked and said hell no what for. I said, "So I can send your poor husband a sympathy card"
    Man that set her right off. I turned left and escaped. Had that been a man the outcome would have been completely different. Some times females push their luck way to far.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I used numbers that are realistic ... but if you want to nitpick we can say 40 ton vehicle is 55 and 2 ton vehicle is 70 ...

My point was the 40 ton vehicle Driver should know by looking in his mirror before making the Lane Change that it would cause the 2 ton vehicle overtaking them to have to BRAKE to avoid a accident ... making the Lane Change the illegal action ... very similar to the 40 ton vehicle making a right turn on red in from of the 2 ton vehicle with the Green Light (posted speed 45) requiring the 2 ton vehicle to again BRAKE to avoid a accident

Would the 40 ton vehicle going 75 in the left lane like the mini-van going 45 to pull in front of them at the last second :dunno:

I know this wasnt directed to me, but I'll jump in anyway.

If you've never driven a Semi, it's hard to understand. I watch my mirrors as much as I watch ahead of me. Truck drivers have to because there is another 48' to 53' behind us that we are in control of as well. When I need to change lanes, my signal is on well ahead of when I actually start moving. About 75% of the time, I see the vehicle behind me VISIBLY SPEED UP to try to pass me before I enter the lane. I have no sorrow for them if they have to brake, if there is room, I complete the lane change. I have nearly 1 million miles under my belt in the seat of a Semi and no accidents, speeding tickets, or violations of any kind.
    When I'm in my Pickup and I see that a Semi is changing, I'll move over and hold the space for them. These guys (me included) make life go round. Without trucks, nearly everything we use, eat, drink, buy, or sell would not be there.

Yes, there some absolute idiots piloting big trucks out there, I won't deny it, but on average, the intelligence quotient of the every day car driver lowers by a factor of 10 the second he/she gets behind the wheel.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I didn't have a scenario with any speed. I just said tractor-trailers in the left lane or getting into the left lane quickly.

Also, I shouldn't have to "add it was an illegal lane change." As a responsible driver you should know that cutting someone off is an illegal lane change. You were the one that was talking about speeds and how "you'll just tell them to kiss your DOT bumper.

Yes, I can see why your head would be spinning.

Read all the posts. My posts and others had the auto the auto speeding g and you responded. You or no one else has mentioned autos doing the speed limit.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Read all the posts. My posts and others had the auto the auto speeding g and you responded. You or no one else has mentioned autos doing the speed limit.
    Ok. Take this for what it is. Regardless of ANYONE'S speed. pulling out and cutting someone off is illegal too. Regardless of the other persons speed, too high, too low or just right, it does not make pulling a 65' truck in front of someone a smart (or legal) idea.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I see situations where semis have to pull out in front of someone to enter the roadway or they'd never get out. But at least show some effort to get up to speed.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    2. People who don't stop for a funeral procession.

Funeral processions get me EVERY FREAKING TIME. I was in three in the last six months in Lafayette/West Lafayette for my grandparents. We left from Hippensteel Funeral Home and went to Tippecanoe Memory Gardens... I understand that passes by Greek Row for Purdue and all that, but we had so many people zoom past, on one we even had a guy run a red light and about kill us! One of the times we had a construction crew actually stop traffic, take their hats off and bow their heads as we went by... It was intense.

That, and slowing down and creeping over train tracks at half a mile an hour. Unless you are driving a rusty bucket of bolts or that crossing is just miserably maintained, your shocks are built to handle stuff like that. Going slow, you're going to get whipped around a lot more than if you cruise over them at 30mph. At 3mph you're going to feel

Every.

Single.

Bump.

ETA: Tailgaters, too. I see that happen and I will deliberately drive exactly the speed limit and not a single mile per hour over, I don't care what "traffic flow" is. Slower, even, if need be.

The way I see it is that if you get right up on someone's bumper you are telling them they are driving too fast and need to slow down to the point where it is safe for them to be driving that close to you.

Honestly it's more fun to zoom over the double train tracks by me. Pretty sure after hitting my head on the roof of my car the second time I've lost enough brain cells not to care. :D

@#&*$ Kentucky drivers!
    @#&*$ Ohio, Tennessee, Arkansas and Illinois drivers too!

There are sections of I-65 where I camp in the left lane. I haul milk to grocery stores, those sections, the right lane is so rough my cargo bounces around and I lose product, which loses my customer money. Suspensions in big trucks are not as forgiving as cars.

That's totally understandable. Bravo. You probably try to move semi-close to flow of traffic though... pun intended

Truck drivers that will pull over to pass another truck that they are going 0.0001 mph faster than, while trying to pull a hill.

71 to and from Cincinnati... >.>

You are far more patient than I am sir. A true saint. I drive so much in my trade and see all of these things on a daily basis. Cars have become so easy to drive that it no longer takes all of a persons attention. To many distractions and folks are so self centered. A situation similar to this happened to me when a female driver...

I hate my own gender... They're ridiculous.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1. People who think having their turn signal on to switch lanes makes them the supreme being and all should move out of their way.
    2. People who don't stop for a funeral procession.

Hubby and I were broadsided when we were in a funeral procession. We were about 5 cars behind the hearse. Luckily, no one was hurt. The other driver was at fault. We had our lights on and a flag at the front.

On another note, I saw a women driving with her elbows while eating a Big Mac, smoking a cig and had a cell between her head and shoulders . :xmad:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I hate when I come to a four way stop and the person who has the Right of Way decides they're going to be "nice" and let me go first. Just go. It's your turn. All you're doing is slowing down everyone else. If I misinterpret your hand-flapping to mean that you're letting me go and I'm wrong and you end up t-boning me, it's my fault. I'm not risking it. Just go. It's your turn.

100% agree. But what is even better is when you wave someone on and then they in-turn wave you on! That just pisses-me-off. Now we are in this thing like who is going to go first? Then we both start to go and quickly stop. Then we start to go again. Finally you just have to practically hammer it and get away from from there.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Hubby and I were broadsided when we were in a funeral procession. We were about 5 cars behind the hearse. Luckily, no one was hurt. The other driver was at fault. Indiana state law says that you have to yield to a funeral procession. We had our lights on and a flag at the front.

On another note, I saw a women driving with her elbows while eating a Big Mac, smoking a cig and had a cell between her head and shoulders . :xmad:

Sorry about the funeral procession! Almost happened to us too! ^^above...

I saw a lady who was in the left turn lane, with no hands on the steering wheel, a cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in her mouth, an a book in the other... Seriously?! And she kept picking up food from her lap. I was shocked....

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One of my favorites are drivers that will not get out of the passing lane, no matter how much traffic is piling up behind them of how many cars are passing them on the right.

Or

A driver that intentionally blocks an interstate highway so that traffic builds up behind them is threatening the lives of everybody around them MUCH more than overall traffic flow that's going over the speed limit.

All it would take is ONE vehicle to have a blowout or other mechanical failure (this includes the one doing the road blocking) and a major pileup would occur.

Even the Police will OFTEN pull off and let traffic go by when they create this condition because they see the danger of it like any other person with half a brain does.

For an individual to intentionally block off an interstate highway using the LIE that they're increasing safety by doing it is either an idiot or just an *sshole that gets off on screwing with people.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Sometimes I find myself thanking those trucks that pass other trucks down 65, by making me slow down they could have just saved me a ticket from the copper posted up on the median.

All that said, I still get pissed the instant they move over to pass.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes I find myself thanking those trucks that pass other trucks down 65, by making me slow down they could have just saved me a ticket from the copper posted up on the median.

All that said, I still get pissed the instant they move over to pass.

There was a day when truckers were among the most professional and courteous on the road and would have never done this. (I know this "dates" me as an old fart :laugh: )

There also was a day when if you wanted to really cover some miles you ran with the trucks because THEY'D be the ones moving FASTER than the traffic flow.
    I remember commonly driving with them and going 75+ mph and feeling totally safe because they clearly knew how to drive.

Nowadays, it's common to see them hardly able to keep it in their own lane and going 20mph slower than everybody else.
    I do my best to QUICKLY get by them and keep away from them because I don't trust their ability to safely control their vehicle.

SURE, there's a lot of good truck drivers out there still, but on AVERAGE they aren't as good as they used to be.
    I have no idea why...?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    A driver that intentionally blocks an interstate highway so that traffic builds up behind them is threatening the lives of everybody around them MUCH more than overall traffic flow that's going over the speed limit.

All it would take is ONE vehicle to have a blowout or other mechanical failure (this includes the one doing the road blocking) and a major pileup would occur.

So you promote the intentional breaking of the law by speeding. Even if both vehicles are driving the speed limit.

If drivers actually follow the rules and allow proper spacing between each vehicle instead of crawling up each others bumper to "push" that guy a little faster in front of them, pile ups would not happen.

Slow down, allow a minimum of 15 feet per 10 mph and pileups diminish, of course there's still the idiot not paying attention eating the doughnut and reading the paper while having a cup of coffee in their lap that causes it all to happen.

Even the Police will OFTEN pull off and let traffic go by when they create this condition because they see the danger of it like any other person with half a brain does.

Not the reason why he pulls over, he's done his job for that stretch of roadway, he slowed everyone down, now he's out to get a speeder and start the cycle all over again.

For an individual to intentionally block off an interstate highway using the LIE that they're increasing safety by doing it is either an idiot or just an *sshole that gets off on screwing with people.

Leave 5 minutes earlier and avoid the blood pressure increase, it will lengthen your life.:)

Top Bottom