• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    1. People who think having their turn signal on to switch lanes makes them the supreme being and all should move out of their way.
    2. People who don't stop for a funeral procession.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I hate when I come to a four way stop and the person who has the Right of Way decides they're going to be "nice" and let me go first. Just go. It's your turn. All you're doing is slowing down everyone else. If I misinterpret your hand-flapping to mean that you're letting me go and I'm wrong and you end up t-boning me, it's my fault. I'm not risking it. Just go. It's your turn.

Carmel has solved all that with Roundabouts, dontchaknow? :):

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The worst in my opinion....

For some reason people do not understand that you put your turn signal on BEFORE you hit your brakes to slow down for a turn. The signal will allow people to know that you will be turning shortly, and thus, slowing down. Ticks me off to no end when people (daily) hit their brakes randomly and THEN their turn signal comes on. People wonder why there are so many accidents.

Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP, OR EVEN SLOW DOWN TO 2MPH TO TAKE A TURN.

Last edited:

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    The worst in my opinion....

For some reason people do not understand that you put your turn signal on BEFORE you hit your breaks to slow down for a turn. The signal will allow people to know that you will be turning shortly, and thus, slowing down. Ticks me off to no end when people (daily) hit their brakes randomly and THEN their turn signal comes on. People wonder why there are so many accidents.

Also, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP, OR EVEN SLOW DOWN TO 2MPH TO TAKE A TURN.

Words out of my own mouth. :rockwoot:

I deal with this all the time.

That, and slowing down and creeping over train tracks at half a mile an hour. Unless you are driving a rusty bucket of bolts or that crossing is just miserably maintained, your shocks are built to handle stuff like that. Going slow, you're going to get whipped around a lot more than if you cruise over them at 30mph. At 3mph you're going to feel

Every.

Single.

Bump.

ETA: Tailgaters, too. I see that happen and I will deliberately drive exactly the speed limit and not a single mile per hour over, I don't care what "traffic flow" is. Slower, even, if need be.

The way I see it is that if you get right up on someone's bumper you are telling them they are driving too fast and need to slow down to the point where it is safe for them to be driving that close to you.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    THAT'S IT... I HAVE ABSOLUTELY HAD IT...

I honestly thought that rage like this wasn't supposed to hit until I was to hold to see to drive... but I really have issues with drivers. All of them. Young, old, new, whatever... So I'm making a list

Things NOT to do while driving:
    Text
    Email
    Apply Makeup
    Pluck Eyebrows
    Take a photo of your child in the back seat while doing 60mph
    Look at the passenger as you're talking to them (that is somewhat acceptable in small doses, but don't let your eyes stray much)
    Read a newspaper
    Do a crossword/word jumble

Pertaining to rules of the road (or something like that)...
    When turning, pull into the lane closest to you. Do not whip into the lane farthest from the turning point in front of me, who MOVED OVER for you...
    Do not, under any circumstance, turn left on a red light. Even when you think no one is coming. You will cause an accident.
    Do not merge onto an interstate at 20mph below the posted speed limit when there is no traffic. Unacceptable.
    Do not roll through stoplights because it's 'almost green' and you 'just feel like it'
    Do not mean-mug the person who almost creamed you and went by so as not have an accident. Also, don't flip them off.

Add your own,
    /rageragerage

At some point, in the last month all of that has happened to me. And more...

@#&*$ Kentucky drivers!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Also, try driving a truck(a real truck, not a pickup) people will pull some stupid crap in front of a 40 ton vehicle.

I am thinking about a dash cam for my truck. The stupid stuff I see all day is amazing to me! After seeing it you can't but think the morons outnumber the sane.
    I run the NE.alot and it is overbearing sometimes.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Also, try driving a truck(a real truck, not a pickup) people will pull some stupid crap in front of a 40 ton vehicle.

What about the 40 ton vehicle going 60 that pulls out in front of the car going 75 ... and causes a chain of brakes to the point the 25th car now goes from 75 to the ditch

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    What about the 40 ton vehicle going 60 that pulls out in front of the car going 75 ... and causes a chain of brakes to the point the 25th car now goes from 75 to the ditch
    This too. I HATE when tractor-trailers are driving in the left lane of 65. It would be one thing if they were just passing another tractor-trailer to change who is breaking the wind, but JEEEEZE. They do it for MILES. I thought it was illegal in Indiana outside of 465, but I could be wrong.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    What about the 40 ton vehicle going 60 that pulls out in front of the car going 75 ... and causea chain of brakes to the point the 25th car now goes from 75 to the ditch
    Auto was breaking the law so any subsequent problems are the auto drivers fault. Speeders seem to this there actions are never the problem.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Auto was breaking the law so any subsequent problems are the auto drivers fault. Speeders seem to this there actions are never the problem.
    That does not make it okay to compound the problem by cutting them off. As stated earlier, putting your turn signal on does not give you divine authority to change lanes.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Mostly Because of the 2 ton vehicle going 45 in a 65. The chain of brake stands would not happened if the cars weren't speeding bumper to bumper, not paying attention to anything other than their cell phones or the song that is on the radio.

I see things in my mirrors that many drivers have no idea is going on because they, in their 4 wheelers, are too intent on getting to the exit ramp before the guy directly in front of them or whatever other reason. Car drivers act like Trucks do not deserve any space on the road.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This too. I HATE when tractor-trailers are driving in the left lane of 65. It would be one thing if they were just passing another tractor-trailer to change who is breaking the wind, but JEEEEZE. They do it for MILES. I thought it was illegal in Indiana outside of 465, but I could be wrong.

There are sections of I-65 where I camp in the left lane. I haul milk to grocery stores, those sections, the right lane is so rough my cargo bounces around and I lose product, which loses my customer money. Suspensions in big trucks are not as forgiving as cars.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not coming to a complete stop at the sign near Kirk's house is the worst driving infraction of all.

Carmel has solved all that with Roundabouts, dontchaknow?

And we will too. I like roundabouts, but the stupid drivers always make everything more complicated that it is.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    THAT'S IT... I HAVE ABSOLUTELY HAD IT...

I honestly thought that rage like this wasn't supposed to hit until I was to hold to see to drive... but I really have issues with drivers. All of them. Young, old, new, whatever... So I'm making a list

Things NOT to do while driving:
    Text
    Email
    Apply Makeup
    Pluck Eyebrows
    Take a photo of your child in the back seat while doing 60mph
    Look at the passenger as you're talking to them (that is somewhat acceptable in small doses, but don't let your eyes stray much)
    Read a newspaper
    Do a crossword/word jumble

Pertaining to rules of the road (or something like that)...
    When turning, pull into the lane closest to you. Do not whip into the lane farthest from the turning point in front of me, who MOVED OVER for you...
    Do not, under any circumstance, turn left on a red light. Even when you think no one is coming. You will cause an accident.
    . plights because it's 'almost green' and you 'just feel like it'
    Do not mean-mug the person who almost creamed you and went by so as not have an accident. Also, don't flip them off.

Add your own,
    /rageragerage

At some point, in the last month all of that has happened to me. And more...

DO turn left on red from one one way street onto another. I get angry at people who do not realize this is legal.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If you hit the brakes before using the turn signal, you should have your license revoked on the spot. My other pet peeve is the driver in front of me who periodically, for no apparent reason tap their brakes. And no, I'm not tailgating and there isn't anything in front of them for several car lengths. I always pass them ASAP as I know it will only get worse. How many clowns like that have caused me to miss a light, I can't count.

Top Bottom