• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes the Gofundme page.
    It was closed yesterday after 1.7 million dollars raised.

Even our prime minister commented that it was not the best idea and it was just dividing people.
    She (our PM) didn't comment on the other crowdfunding for the kid's family (with WAY less money, maybe 80K).
    It looks like people are voting for the story they believe with their own money. No doubt the Left will say it’s because they’re all racists.

There is a vague law about "menace to public order".
    Pretty much anything can be charged under that if people will riot as a result of somebody's actions.

Like if I raise 1 million dollars with the goal to throw cash at people from the top of the Eiffel Tower.
    I would probably be charged under that law since it would most likely cause a public disturbance.

Another politician (left wing) pressed charges for "fraud attempt" as well.
    Saying that the one wo started the crowdfunding (right wing politician) will keep the money.

It's also illegal to use crowdfunding for legal fees or to pay or fines.
    The officer and his family could use the money for that.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Police in Paris deployed groups of highly mobile anti-riot officers on motorbikes.

They travel in group of over 70 officers.

field_media_image-2198013-Capture_decran_2023-03-26_a_11.00.24.png

B9733836397Z.1_20230324182306_000%2BG8KMF9G5D.2-0.jpg

The pilots have white helmets, the officer who dismount have black helmets and small anti-rio shields.

20230406200711-232812.jpg

They are now also followed by firefighters (in red) on bikes to fight car fires.

maxresdefault.jpg

I need a setup like that!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

-Frederic Bastiat

The folks of France would do well to recognize Bastiat's wisdom; as would the folks of the States.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've always said anyone who serves in the United States military 10 years with an honorable discharge should be granted citizenship along with his/her discharge papers.
    At least back in the mid-late 70s, the Army would grant citizenship to a foreign-national enlistee after a four-year enlistment. Don't know if that changed over the years; but I had a Guatemalen-born crew-chief in my last AD unit.

EDIT: After reading some of the comments after this one to which I replied, all I can add is that this particular soldier and his family were all eager to become "Americans." I'm aware that the flood of illegal immigrants that have poured in through our southern borders may not have the same enthusiasm.

OTOH, I just today read an article online that it is estimated that @10k of military-age Chinese males have crossed the southern border in the last year or so (IIRC). No way to vet this story, but it is an interesting corollary to the same sort of stories about young Muslim supposedly flooding across the southern border in years past.

I suppose the difference between the US and France in the event that we have more widespread riots and/or systematic sabotage of infrastructure is that we, at least, have the capability, as citizens, to respond to defend ourselves and our community if the police find themselves outnumbered and out-gunned. Whether or not we will have the will to do so remains unseen.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Intelligence agencies already do that but without a judge's warrant.
    With the new law they want to do the same thing for police investigations related to terrorisme and organized crime only.

Cops already legally use wiretapping to listen to phone calls, can place cameras and microphones, to monitor suspects.
    They also already use GPS trackers to follow cars.

With the new law they could do all that by hacking phones and other devices.

Same thing in the US btw ...

January 28, 2022

Today, the New York Times Magazine published a report revealing that the FBI purchased and tested the phone-hacking technology “Pegasus” from 2019 to 2021. NSO Group sold the FBI a version of Pegasus called “Phantom,” marketed exclusively to U.S. agencies, which could hack into “any number in the United States.” By simply entering a phone number into a system, the FBI could access “every piece of data stored on the phone,” including controlling the phone’s camera and microphone–all without the owner’s knowledge.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    At least back in the mid-late 70s, the Army would grant citizenship to a foreign-national enlistee after a four-year enlistment. Don't know if that changed over the years; but I had a Guatemalen-born crew-chief in my last AD unit.

EDIT: After reading some of the comments after this one to which I replied, all I can add is that this particular soldier and his family were all eager to become "Americans." I'm aware that the flood of illegal immigrants that have poured in through our southern borders may not have the same enthusiasm.

OTOH, I just today read an article online that it is estimated that @10k of military-age Chinese males have crossed the southern border in the last year or so (IIRC). No way to vet this story, but it is an interesting corollary to the same sort of stories about young Muslim supposedly flooding across the southern border in years past.

I suppose the difference between the US and France in the event that we have more widespread riots and/or systematic sabotage of infrastructure is that we, at least, have the capability, as citizens, to respond to defend ourselves and our community if the police find themselves outnumbered and out-gunned. Whether or not we will have the will to do so remains unseen.
    Just as an addendum to my edit. I found the article where I read about the Chinese. I don't really know much about the reliability of this particular news group.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

I think the Gendarme have had enough, and hopefully the French people.

Anyone notice some similarity to tactics used in the U.S. Summer of Love and mostly peaceful protests? Hopefully the French government and law enforcement have studied the U.S. in 2020 and made appropriate plans.

Top Bottom