• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well crap, my sister in law is in Paris for the week.

I'll be curious as to her report of what she's seeing. US State dept hasn't issued any travel advisory. US Embassy in Paris has nothing on it's emergency alerts to US citizens, either. I hopped on a few live web cams around major tourist areas and it looked pretty business as usual around Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and "New Bridge". I think "on fire" is probably overblown yet again, but protests can turn violent with little warning so best to be careful.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If based upon religion, it is a slippery slope.
    They don't have a first amendment for that sort of thing. I think conceptually people who hate America shouldn't be accepted as immigrants to the US. However, people have freedom of religion in this country. I would not want my beliefs banned. Neither would Christians. Or Jews. Or Hindus. Or whatever.

Their right to observe whatever religion they want comes from the same source of protection that allows me to observe whatever I want. As long as it's not harming other people. If harming other people is a part of your religious expression, hit the road jack.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'll be curious as to her report of what she's seeing. US State dept hasn't issued any travel advisory. US Embassy in Paris has nothing on it's emergency alerts to US citizens, either. I hopped on a few live web cams around major tourist areas and it looked pretty business as usual around Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and "New Bridge". I think "on fire" is probably overblown yet again, but protests can turn violent with little warning so best to be careful.
    You need to get with the doomsturbation plan, man.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They don't have a first amendment for that sort of thing. I think conceptually people who hate America shouldn't be accepted as immigrants to the US. However, people have freedom of religion in this country. I would not want my beliefs banned. Neither would Christians. Or Jews. Or Hindus. Or whatever....

If harming other people is a part of your religious expression, hit the road jack.

Agreed, and who defines "radical" becomes problematic. However, there has to be *some* line between legitimate religious beliefs and inciting terrorism, insurrection, etc. It's a hell of a tight rope to walk, and one I'm glad I don't have to define when exactly it becomes harm...without waiting for people to die then point at it and say "yup, that's it."

The issue is, by and large, that when you import people from crime infested war torn areas with no respect for a central government you get a mix of legitimate refugees...and people who fostered a crime infested war torn area with no respect for a central government. Some purposefully and some because they are some proportion themselves, a refugee but also a criminal. See: Caribbean and South American gangs/cartels in the US.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was. They'll let riots riot , it's what they do. Migrants, natives, whichever flavor of the day. But when the Olympics comes they will sweep them out of the street with whatever it takes. Water cannons or tanks.
    Our anti-riot Gendarmerie units just got some new vehicles recently.
    I already got to see them in action.
    They will be deployed all over Paris during the elections and during the Olympics.

MjAyMzExZGRkNjI3OTFhNjQyMTczZGIwN2IxZGUxYTQ3ZTQzODI

DC7QPL467FCDVMSKYY4SHEH654.jpg

Old models of armored water cannons are still in use.

ELgBfqLXkAAdMPn

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Unlike the French, we're armed.

You would be surprised to learn how many French people are armed.

In my area, quite rural, where most people have a hunting (or shooting) licence, you never see any riots. Ever.

I believe it's the same thing in the States. All the rioting is always in the suburbs.
    Never in redneck country where everybody has a shotgun above the fire place.

Each time you see riots in France it's always in the same suburbs around Paris.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

In my area, quite rural, where most people have a hunting (or shooting) licence, you never see any riots. Ever.

I believe it's the same thing in the States. All the rioting is always in the suburbs.

Hello Sylvain. Always good to see you back here.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

It's always in the urban areas here.

In Indiana, the suburbs ARE redneck country.

:):

Top Bottom