Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you for your permission. ;)

SOME of us do have the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff. :nono:
    Just so much chaff that I don't care to support it any longer. I used to watch it from O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, Gretta etc. Then had it on much of the day, but the loss of Ailes and the sons have been ruining it for me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Enjoy the Murdoch brothers propaganda, and a few decent opinion shows.
    I do not like my eggs all in one baskets, I'm fully capable of separating the bull :poop:.

I do not, and never used one form or channel to form my opinion like people who are fixated 24/7/365 on CNN/MSNBC/ABC or any of the others who only report one side.
    That is why I also watch NewsNax, OANN.
    Whenever I see Donna Brazile, Jessica Tarlov or two face Juan Williams, my :bs: meter goes up several notches.
    Besides, in the last 2 weeks I have seen a concerned effort by FOX to right the ship some what So do not write them off yet.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FNC is not the do all be all. They lost some ground, but hopefully they can learn from that.

Still, when President Trump needed to break his silence and speak to the public about his friend Rush, where did he go?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What is the difference? Because a Fox lets a couple of folks you like speak that makes them better than the others? They are all the same...
    I think we may see Fox News try to move rightwards. They’ve taken a huge hit in ratings as the likes of CNN have increased.

With no more Trump to boost outrage views CNN and the rest of left wing media are going to tank. No one is going to tune into Don Lemon constantly sucking 0biden’s geriatric peepee on cable news. But Fox and others willing to drive outrage views against the new regime could stand to make a lot of money.

The smart business move would be for them to go full bat **** crazy, Qanon level conspiracy laden right. Maybe hire Alex Jones as a news anchor. I mean, they have Newsmax and OANN to compete with now.

News is a business. It has especially behaved as an industry desperate for survival as new independent media obliterates the old media business model. Institutional media just doesn’t know it’s dead yet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is the same as saying the dems and republicans are all the same. :rolleyes:

You are not paying close enough attention and speaking in uninformed/incorrect generalities.

:twocents:
    Republicans and Democrats aren’t the same exactly. But the powerful Republicans and Democrats, the leaders of their respective parties are pretty similar. The establishment generally wants the same things, but tell different lies to string their ideologically different constituents along. Republicans get into bed with pro-gun groups, and they’ll pretend to be pro gun, feigning heroic efforts to ease gun restrictions, always falling just short.

As far as the News goes, it’s a business with a market. They want to choose their market and produce a product that market wants to consume. When it comes down to it if a “news”network is threatened existentially they’ll behave desperately to survive even if that means defying their owner’s own ideology.

Unless they’re woke. Can’t no reality break through woke. It’s reality proof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I suspect if Fox News thought they’d make more money producing CNN type content, they’d produce CNN type content. I think they tried being more CNN like, and that backfired miserably, because that audience is not going to watch Fox News.

They back Tucker Carlson because he’s Populist Jesus. He brings in more cash than Joel Osteen. Bet you that if his ratings fell to mere mortal levels, they’d push back on some on some of his rhetoric. But since it is his rhetoric that brings in the views, they’ll encourage more of what makes them money. So they’re not doubling down on free speech as much as they’re doubling down on Populist Jesus bringing in the sheaves. And I’m sure he will.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    FNC still hasn't exactly given up on the leftward move. I put it on in the afternoon earlier in the week and Marth McCallum was interviewing some and she seemed to be going out of her way to continue with anti Trump questions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do not like my eggs all in one baskets, I'm fully capable of separating the bull :poop:.

I do not, and never used one form or channel to form my opinion like people who are fixated 24/7/365 on CNN/MSNBC/ABC or any of the others who only report one side.
    That is why I also watch NewsNax, OANN.
    Whenever I see Donna Brazile, Jessica Tarlov or two face Juan Williams, my :bs: meter goes up several notches.
    Besides, in the last 2 weeks I have seen a concerned effort by FOX to right the ship some what So do not write them off yet.
    They definitely know they alienated their core audience. What the hell were they thinking. The whole world thinks they’re right wing propaganda. They’re not going to win viewers trying to be CNN. If anything they should drive their content further right to bring in more of the outrage mob, since the other side has all of government.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FNC still hasn't exactly given up on the leftward move. I put it on in the afternoon earlier in the week and Marth McCallum was interviewing some and she seemed to be going out of her way to continue with anti Trump questions.
    Why are they even talking about Trump at all? I don’t really think the people who still watch Fox News even care about that right now. They care more about the way 0biden is ****ing up the country. Fox is going to bring in way more views as the #resistance than they would trying to carry 0biden’s water like the rest of the mainstream networks.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why are they even talking about Trump at all?
    Right now you have the legal issues facing Trump (criminal investigations, suits for inciting the riot, etc), the Lincoln Project collapse. Then yesterday, they had him on to talk about Rush, which they did get him to start complaining about the election counting again.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Watching POX and CaNNed and the rest of those people?
    If you can't stop on your own then for heaven's sakes seek professional help.
    Before it's too late.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree you have to sort. And I agree that watching other networks is good. Saying all are the same is not correct though. FNC is not CNN or MSN or NPR. :nono:

I watch Harris from 11:00 to 1:00 about every day. Harris, Emily Compagno, Tomi Lahren and Dagen McDowel on outnumbered now!

In the evening Tucker and Shannon are on the watch list and the 7:00pm slot is worth a look at the rotating anchors.

Gutfeld will be on the list, when his daily show starts.

It's VERY easy to fill the empty spots with radio and YouTube. There is actually not enough time to learn all the non politic stuff that YouTube has.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sadly, you feed the beast that is Google by doing so

Thanks for that advice! I'll knowingly pay for the education at that price.

..........................................................................................................................................................

In other news, I just watched Harris Faulkner for two hours. You know what wasn't a news story?

No Ted Cruz stories, as so many made it their top story...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Go ahead and post yer number. I'll just call you and then we'll skip the interwebs all together.

Wait, then we'll be feeding the telecom beasts...

...Let alone Apple...

Top Bottom