Fox News, Joining The Liberal Fake News...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It’s clear to me that most of the instigation and radicalization happened on right wing social media platforms and even mainstream ones. I read Trumps entire speech word for word. The only way you get instigation out of that is if the media tells you it was instigation and then they play selective clips.
    Weird. I watched it and could see how it would stir up people who had already been predisposed that something was gonna happen

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Weird. I watched it and could see how it would stir up people who had already been predisposed that something was gonna happen
    That’s kinda the point. The radicalization happened before that. The people who started the rioting were always going to riot. It was predetermined. Planned. A lot of the people who ended up participating didn’t plan to be a part of that but that’s what angry mobs do. Everyone who participated weren’t listening to the speech. They were already at the Capitol riling themselves up with their own speakers and goings on. It’s a 30 (let’s be honest, for Trumpers probably more like 45) minutes walk from the White House lawn where the speech took place to the Capitol. It was over before the speech goers got there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I forgot to reiterate that Trump admonished 3 times in the speech “peaceful”. Of course one could claim it’s a dogwistle. That’s a strategic device by dishonest people to make something implausible, sound more plausible.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I forgot to reiterate that Trump admonished 3 times in the speech “peaceful”. Of course one could claim it’s a dogwistle. That’s a strategic device by dishonest people to make something implausible, sound more plausible.
    Trump could have said peacefully protest a 1000 times, and somehow, some way each and every time he said peacefully protest they would have tried to twist it each and every time.

For some people it's not a hard to do when you selectively pick and choose what to hear.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's really more like plausible deniability. Several Trump surrogates were tweeting and talking about January 6th for a month and a half to two months before it happened Stirring up stuff and trying to get people to come and take action. So when Trump shows up and makes his speech He doesn't really have to do anything other than make it sound Like he's on their side after all he was going to March with Them right?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's really more like plausible deniability. Several Trump surrogates were tweeting and talking about January 6th for a month and a half to two months before it happened Stirring up stuff and trying to get people to come and take action. So when Trump shows up and makes his speech He doesn't really have to do anything other than make it sound Like he's on their side after all he was one of March with Them right?
    Well sure. That’s plausible. Which is apparently the criteria for impeaching presidents these days. You have to take it on faith that he did that. You can choose to believe it if you want. I kinda don’t like basing my beliefs on faith.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well sure. That’s plausible. Which is apparently the criteria for impeaching presidents these days. You have to take it on faith that he did that. You can choose to believe it if you want. I kinda don’t like basing my beliefs on faith.
    Sure you do. It's the definition of belief really.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure you do. It's the definition of belief really.
    No. That’s untrue in the kind of belief we’re talking about, which is acceptance that something is true. I don’t accept fhat your premise is true because there are not sufficient facts to prove that it’s true. But there is a concept of “true enough”. And even your premise fails that.

So do you believe it because facts justify that belief or do you believe it because it’s too delicious not to?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No. That’s untrue in the kind of belief we’re talking about, which is acceptance that something is true. I don’t accept fhat your premise is true because there are not sufficient facts to prove that it’s true. But there is a concept of “true enough”. And even your premise fails that.

So do you believe it because facts justify that belief or do you believe it because it’s too delicious not to?
    No the difference I see between myself and the vocal majority is I am willing to believe a lot more is possible. That is not the same as saying something is true.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Given their performance during this summer's rioting and looting for 'justice', maybe they just have a different definition of peaceful

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No the difference I see between myself and the vocal majority is I am willing to believe a lot more is possible. That is not the same as saying something is true.
    But does it not tell us something important about you when you profess to believe 'something more is possible' beyond the established facts when such can be used as an indictment of Trump but you are unable to believe that 'something more is possible' beyond the established facts when it comes to whether to believe the election of Biden was free from fraud.

It certainly seems like you decide ideologically what you want to believe, and then move the 'something more is possible' slider in the way that supports your preconceived viewpoint

Top Bottom