Not open for further replies.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Any case for the racist murder of George Floyd just fell to pieces. LEO will be rightfully acquitted, and Minneapolis will burn again.

Watch Tucker Carlson’s monologue from tonight.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Finland is very ethnically homogeneous. Most of the population is ethnic Finnish. The earliest inhabitants of the area were hunter-gatherers, most closely related to the modern-day Sami people of Finland. There are about 4,500 Sami left in Finland who are officially recognized as a minority. The Sami people have been living north of the Arctic Circle for over 7,000 years and account for a 5% minority in the Lapland Province. Finland does not keep official statistics on ethnicity.

Just 3.5% of the population is made up of foreign citizens, which is one of the lowest rates in the European Union. Most foreign citizens are from Estonia, Russia, and Sweden. Children of foreigners born in Finland do not automatically receive Finnish citizenship unless they cannot get citizenship in another nation. The official languages used in Finland include Finnish and Swedish, with a bit of Russian and other languages in use as well.

Iceland's population is fairly young for such a developed country. The median age in Iceland is 36.5 years of age, with a total life expectancy of 83.1 years of age. Iceland is also rare in that it is one of the few European nations with a fertility rate well above the replacement rate at 2.1 children born per woman.

The ethnic composition of Iceland today is 93% Icelandic. The largest ethnic minority is Polish at 3% of the population.

Iceland and Finland are overwhelmingly caucasian and homogeneous. Do you really think their policing methods will map well onto the US melting pot or that any advantage they might have in police/citizen interactions would start out less antagonistic because of the shared heritage and cultural referents?
    I was stationed in Iceland for three years. There's only like 300K Icelanders. If they aren't related, they know someone who is related.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do not see where you are coming from. What is FMJ, maybe that will help and how did the Christianity get in there?
    He's a member and a militant atheist, and the quoted response by jamillionaire made me hear, in my mind how FMJ would respond to something like Matthew 19:26

Kind of like when you read some things and imagine them in a particular voice

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He's a member and a militant atheist, and the quoted response by jamillionaire made me hear, in my mind how FMJ would respond to something like Matthew 19:26

Kind of like when you read some things and imagine them in a particular voice
    Oh, you're imagining things, alright. :):

Nobody mentioned Christianity.

What if I told you that your martyr post reminded me of another poster's style. Had to check that I wasn't reading something by Bug14.

Not sure if you still get martyr points if you climb up on the cross yourself. Still not a good look.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Heard on local news that one of the jurors has a wedding coming up but is willing to put that off.

Picking jury duty over your own wedding?

Hope he enjoys the single life.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, you're imagining things, alright. :):

Nobody mentioned Christianity.

What if I told you that your martyr post reminded me of another poster's style. Had to check that I wasn't reading something by Bug14.

Not sure if you still get martyr points if you climb up on the cross yourself. Still not a good look.
    3/10, trying too hard

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Heard on local news that one of the jurors has a wedding coming up but is willing to put that off.

Picking jury duty over your own wedding?

Hope he enjoys the single life.
    I certainly wouldn't want someone that makes a decision like that on a jury.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I certainly wouldn't want someone that makes a decision like that on a jury.
    Depends on the reasoning. He may see himself as being willing to give the accused a fair hearing and as such be the only obstruction to "we'll give him a fair trial then we'll hang him". If so, it is possibility future Mrs is on board with it.

Then again he could be motivated to make sure the "fair trial" results in hanging. The future Mrs could be on board with that as well.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Depends on the reasoning. He may see himself as being willing to give the accused a fair hearing and as such be the only obstruction to "we'll give him a fair trial then we'll hang him". If so, it is possibility future Mrs is on board with it.

Then again he could be motivated to make sure the "fair trial" results in hanging. The future Mrs could be on board with that as well.
    There are a lot of possibilities with this one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

$27 million settlement for George Floyd's family approved by Minneapolis City Council​

Including half a million for the neighborhood? Presumably to fix the **** that THEY tore up? :rolleyes:
    Guess in the long run they feel that 27 million is cheaper than having the officers found innocent?

Man I have some distant relatives I do not care for.... where do I sign up for all this free money? I can point people in the right direction and hope for the best.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Guess in the long run they feel that 27 million is cheaper than having the officers found innocent?

Man I have some distant relatives I do not care for.... where do I sign up for all this free money? I can point people in the right direction and hope for the best.
    Well, this is just the civil settlement against the city. The criminal trial for Chauvin hasn't started yet. And if he's acquitted or basically sentenced to anything but the maximum, there will be more riots and more lawsuits... lather, rinse, repeat.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I put together some stats last year using the Washington Post Data. There is an interactive dashboard as well that lets you see the data broken down by case. The dashboard is updated nightly so it is up to date. It just does not work that well on a mobile device. https://twnwi.com/ShootingStats/index.php
    One consistent trend is the increasing percentage of 'unknown' race, so the police are becoming less capable all the time of determining race.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well, this is just the civil settlement against the city. The criminal trial for Chauvin hasn't started yet. And if he's acquitted or basically sentenced to anything but the maximum, there will be more riots and more lawsuits... lather, rinse, repeat.
    uggg, civil settlement. I think it should be one and done. I do not agree with the money being handed over in this case, but I really do not agree if it doesn't even placate the rowdy crowd (who shouldn't get anything anyhow).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    uggg, civil settlement. I think it should be one and done. I do not agree with the money being handed over in this case, but I really do not agree if it doesn't even placate the rowdy crowd (who shouldn't get anything anyhow).
    Ben Crump, the lawyer for Floyd's family and just about any other so-called "victim" of police brutality is nothing but a race baiting whore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom