• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It’s really simple, guys. Once Floyd was no longer a threat, once it was clear he was losing consciousness, the focus should have gone from detaining him to helping him. Was it murder? I think most of us can agree that no, it wasn’t. But manslaughter? Quite arguably so. The man was clearly having the life drain out of him right before their eyes and Chauvin cold-bloodedly not only kept him restrained, but overruled putting him in the recovery position. That’s not right, it’s morally bankrupt, no matter how bad of a person Floyd was. This didn’t have to happen. One tiny little bit of common sense and compassion and this would not have happened. It can and should lead to a small but important change in policing. I wrote “small but important” because obviously this doesn’t happen very often. If Floyd’s death in the aftermath leads to this common sense and compassion in even one future case, that’s a good thing. The danger is, of course, that officers will be placed in increased danger due to changes in use of force policies. I think the biggest danger, though, will be emboldening of criminals and the mob who view this as revenge or a success rather than an entirely avoidable tragedy we can all learn from.
    I really try to stay out of these "discussions" because they don't lead to anything. The jury has spoken can't we just leave it alone? And yes it's probably true that there will be an appeal and probably a retrial. But why is it necessary to go over coulda, shoulda, woulda a thousand times? I mean. . .C'mon, this is INGO. . . . don't we have a noob or someone to burn down!?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    “Peers,” means fellow citizens. Full stop. If one want to open that Pandora’s box and allow further identifiers, then you have started down the path of whole other level of problems.
    You better study it out not just look at the dictionary. Start reading the Magna Carta and move forward with this concept.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Or better yet, police finally deciding enough is enough and letting them wipe each other out.
    Although I liked your response there are good people that will suffer in this scenario. I wish I had an answer and I know it's near impossible but until the good people stand up to the bad people nothing will change. Right now the narrative has focused on the wrong people as bad for convenience. Until that changes nothing changes.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It’s really simple, guys. Once Floyd was no longer a threat, once it was clear he was losing consciousness, the focus should have gone from detaining him to helping him. Was it murder? I think most of us can agree that no, it wasn’t. But manslaughter? Quite arguably so. The man was clearly having the life drain out of him right before their eyes and Chauvin cold-bloodedly not only kept him restrained, but overruled putting him in the recovery position. That’s not right, it’s morally bankrupt, no matter how bad of a person Floyd was. This didn’t have to happen. One tiny little bit of common sense and compassion and this would not have happened. It can and should lead to a small but important change in policing. I wrote “small but important” because obviously this doesn’t happen very often. If Floyd’s death in the aftermath leads to this common sense and compassion in even one future case, that’s a good thing. The danger is, of course, that officers will be placed in increased danger due to changes in use of force policies. I think the biggest danger, though, will be emboldening of criminals and the mob who view this as revenge or a success rather than an entirely avoidable tragedy we can all learn from.
    It is neither murder nor manslaughter when you merely fail to save someone else from killing themselves. If the guy next to me on the sidewalk steps out in front of a truck, I'm not guilty of manslaughter for failing to grab him and pull him back.

Don't blast yourself to the gills with fentanyl and coke and then fight police for ten minutes. You're responsible for your own health, and if you overdose yourself right after creating a huge scene that keeps EMS away, I'm sorry but that's tough luck for you. :dunno:

Pretty sick and tired after an entire year of hearing people blame everything and everyone under the sun except the actions of the drug-using criminal. Wanna talk about one tiny change that would avoided this? Let's start with the very long list of idiotic stuff Floyd did. He was not a helpless child hunted down and cruelly executed by the police.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Although I liked your response there are good people that will suffer in this scenario. I wish I had an answer and I know it's near impossible but until the good people stand up to the bad people nothing will change. Right now the narrative has focused on the wrong people as bad for convenience. Until that changes nothing changes.

At some point good people have to actually step up and stop letting bad people dominate the landscape.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Whomever is driving the knife, I’m confident you won’t be around to help out.
    “Hey what’s goin....”.
    :wrongdoor:
    Seriously ? You’re calling people cowards? I mean I’m used to you calling everyone racist but coward? Dude. You need to step away for a bit before you finally hang yourself here.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    At some point good people have to actually step up and stop letting bad people dominate the landscape.
    They would, but they'd for sure get arrested and prosecuted, and demonized by the media and politicians, and hollywood, everyone that even thought about helping would be cancelled, their families would be threatened and harassed, employers would be targeted, and everybody knows it.

While all that is happening, the other side gets canonized, sanctified, go-funded, and walks free after killing people and committing arson.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You better study it out not just look at the dictionary. Start reading the Magna Carta and move forward with this concept.
    No need. I’m already familiar with the “Great Charter.” Peer is you legal, keyword “legal” equal. Same as it was with the MC, Nobility v Nobility .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously ? You’re calling people cowards? I mean I’m used to you calling everyone racist but coward? Dude. You need to step away for a bit before you finally hang yourself here.
    Hey he’s talking about me getting stabbed with a knife and “screaming in pain,” AND already said he wasn’t going to help out someone in need to protect himself. I’m just reminding him he said it. Now I’m wrong for repeating it? C’mon.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Hey he’s talking about me getting stabbed with a knife and “screaming in pain,” AND already said he wasn’t going to help out someone in need to protect himself. I’m just reminding him he said it. Now I’m wrong for repeating it? C’mon.
    It’s the way you’re doing it. It’s very confrontational and trollish. We don’t need MORE of that. I’m extending an olive branch here so you don’t find yourself on the wrong end of the hammer. You may be a pain in the ass here most of the time but no need to let your emotions get you hammered.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    WMPTKea.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No need. I’m already familiar with the “Great Charter.” Peer is you legal, keyword “legal” equal. Same as it was with the MC, Nobility v Nobility .
    Equal is correct so anyone outside law enforcement would not be a peer. Same as a Doctor on trial. How can they get a fair trial with morons seated in the jury box? Yes modern justice system says anyone and everyone is a peer but that isn't so.

Or a rich man with 12 poor jurors. Not a jury of his peers, and vise versa. The changing of this concept has lead to the degradation of our justice system.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It’s the way you’re doing it. It’s very confrontational and trollish. We don’t need MORE of that. I’m extending an olive branch here so you don’t find yourself on the wrong end of the hammer. You may be a pain in the ass here most of the time but no need to let your emotions get you hammered.
    Bro, I speak my piece as I see it. If you’re civil in disagreement, I will reciprocate. I’m not even emotional, I just call out nonsense when I see it. You tell me you’ll let an innocent burn to protect yourself. I’m going to have issue. Tell me the Chauvin trial is evidence of belief in propagating “White Genocide,” I’m gonna correct that. And I’ll be as civil as I can, even as the knife sinks “deeper,” and the “screams” become unbearable.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Bro, I speak my piece as I see it. If you’re civil in disagreement, I will reciprocate. I’m not even emotional, I just call out nonsense when I see it. You tell me you’ll let an innocent burn to protect yourself. I’m going to have issue. Tell me the Chauvin trial is evidence of belief in propagating “White Genocide,” I’m gonna correct that. And I’ll be as civil as I can, even as the knife sinks “deeper,” and the “screams” become unbearable.

You are legitimately ****ing insane.

Top Bottom