• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You say it wasn’t proven. 12 people more versed than you on the subject disagreed. Wait. Are you or anyone here saying that their more competent concerning the details of this case than the 12 people on the jury? He was convicted by his peers. People who put well more time in on the subject than us armchair QBs. The ONLY fallback you guys have is the crackpot premise that all 12 of them, who in your opinion thought he wasn’t actually guilty, were intimidated into reaching the conclusions that they did. It’s easy to reject that, and think that people who say such are justifying why the jury didn’t reach the decision you wanted.
    This is specious. They needed unanimity, so they would only need 1 to hang the jury - and the mob would only have to coerce that one in order for what you falsely label a 'crackpot premise' to in fact be true

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    “Peers,” means fellow citizens. Full stop. If one want to open that Pandora’s box and allow further identifiers, then you have started down the path of whole other level of problems.

Peer means equal in societal group, age, status (Merriam Webster) not just citizen. So I'll give you a "B" grade on meaning.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Peer means equal in societal group, age, status (Merriam Webster) not just citizen. So I'll give you a "B" grade on meaning.
    Are we really debating that the jurors should have all been police? Should they have went and grabbed 12 guys out of guantanamo for the boston marathon bombers trial?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are we really debating that the jurors should have all been police? Should they have went and grabbed 12 guys out of guantanamo for the boston marathon bombers trial?
    Common sense needs applied. I'm sure our founders would not believe how ignorant we have become in the last 245 years since the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Nope. Just clarifying that "citizen (full stop)" is not an accurate definition of "peer". In this case I think it is close enough (although a single cop's bias may have helped balance things out a little). As the saying goes "words have meaning".
    Just a poke for fun!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I predict that ... some here on INGO ... will not accept a ruling to overturn as ... readily, shall we say ... as they accept the likely biased verdict from MSP

I'm sure that their personal biases will have nothing to do with it
    In a situation like this might be just as smart to not have a jury just let a judge decide. Could not be any worse.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Common sense needs applied. I'm sure our founders would not believe how ignorant we have become in the last 245 years since the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
    Common sense would say that if you get a group of like minded individuals with similar backgrounds together no one would ever be convicted of anything.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OVqryfi.png

Clown world.

Top Bottom