• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Double clown world.

Should be the new national anthem at this point.

I posted an article it the CPD thread.
    Looks like all you have to have to get away with crime is a nice pair of running shoes...
    Good news is I hear they give those away for free nightly!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It is neither murder nor manslaughter when you merely fail to save someone else from killing themselves. If the guy next to me on the sidewalk steps out in front of a truck, I'm not guilty of manslaughter for failing to grab him and pull him back.

Don't blast yourself to the gills with fentanyl and coke and then fight police for ten minutes. You're responsible for your own health, and if you overdose yourself right after creating a huge scene that keeps EMS away, I'm sorry but that's tough luck for you. :dunno:

Pretty sick and tired after an entire year of hearing people blame everything and everyone under the sun except the actions of the drug-using criminal. Wanna talk about one tiny change that would avoided this? Let's start with the very long list of idiotic stuff Floyd did. He was not a helpless child hunted down and cruelly executed by the police.
    I agree with you but that was all history by the time he was detained.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “Peers,” means fellow citizens. Full stop. If one want to open that Pandora’s box and allow further identifiers, then you have started down the path of whole other level of problems.
    Oh, really? Then why don't they just corral a few random yahoos off reddit to do PEER review? Peer means of a similar level of intelligence, education and expertise

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    How do you know?
    A simple look at history proves it wouldnt work. If ones peers were reliable to always do the right thing there would be no need for crime stoppers. There would be zero need for rewards.

If what you're trying to advocate for were reality the mafia would still be thriving.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A simple look at history proves it wouldnt work. If ones peers were reliable to always do the right thing there would be no need for crime stoppers. There would be zero need for rewards.

If what you're trying to advocate for were reality the mafia would still be thriving.
    History proves it does work. It worked for around 600 years before our country adopted it. Why would our founders adopted it if it didn't work?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I really try to stay out of these "discussions" because they don't lead to anything. The jury has spoken can't we just leave it alone? And yes it's probably true that there will be an appeal and probably a retrial. But why is it necessary to go over coulda, shoulda, woulda a thousand times? I mean. . .C'mon, this is INGO. . . . don't we have a noob or someone to burn down!?
    It is the will of Landru

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Sooner or later some scion of the ruling class will be victimized in a home invasion/car jacking/etc. and the narrative will shift.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The leftists try to tell you the concept of white genocide is insane and that no one is calling for it, meanwhile BLM mouth pieces are explicitly calling for it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    History proves it does work. It worked for around 600 years before our country adopted it. Why would our founders adopted it if it didn't work?
    For one no, history does not prove that. You claim that peers should mean similar people, such as a police officers being tried infront of a jury of police officers (thats what this debate is about). Women werent even allowed to be on a jury until 1920 in Indiana. It took until 1968 for women to be able to in Mississippi. So no history does not prove that peers means people similar to you. For most of history it was just white land owners serving on jurys, not people with similar backgrounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    For one no, history does not prove that. You claim that peers should mean similar people, such as a police officers being tried infront of a jury of police officers (thats what this debate is about). Women werent even allowed to be on a jury until 1920 in Indiana. It took until 1968 for women to be able to in Mississippi. So no history does not prove that peers means people similar to you. For most of history it was just white land owners serving on jurys, not people with similar backgrounds.
    Again you are using modern-day so called Justice system. We are talking 1700's early 1800's just because a bunch of leftist change the system doesn't mean it didn't work.

We will have to agree to disagree. I believe you are wrong and you believe I'm wrong I'm not going to change your views nor are you going to change my views on this issue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So courts should actively seek people in the same line of employment when determining culpability for a crime? And just out of curiosity, which Dept should those officers be from? FYI

Why do you have to assume things? I didn't say that. You misunderstood why. It would have been helpful to have a couple of cops on the jury because the accused crimes happened on the job. Having the perspective of someone who does the job could be very informative to the other members of the jury.

If this jury was made up of people who had many misconceptions about police, they're not going to render a verdict that is as informed as a jury with maybe a cop or two there. The term "peers" implies that the jury knows more than these jurors knew about the accused. And it's not just helpful to the accused. Other cops might be able to notice some things about the facts of the case that other jurors would not be aware of.

But just looking for people who have the same line of work isn't helpful unless it helps the jury understand the accused and the case against him/her better.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well Chauvin had more than a couple of his peers take the stand for the prosecution. How many more of his peers would he need supporting him?
    Not necessarily to support him. To give the jury a perspective that they wouldn't have otherwise. The witnesses for the prosecution were there because they wanted to be on that side. They were not Chauvin's comrades. A juror, ideally, would be neither a friend or foe. Hopefully someone who can look at the facts and render a verdict, and during deliberations can contribute to a more informed jury.

I don't think it would have helped the defense to have a bunch of cops testify in Chauvin's favor. I think that would just look like they're there to support a comrade. And even if on the jury, both attorneys would have to work hard to prevent seating a juror who is biased against.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom