• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Extraordinary people are quite rare. It's just talk on the internet. Like I said. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Everyone wants to believe they'd do the right thing.

Everyone read’s history as if they’re the good guy when it’s FAR more likely that they would go along to get along.

I suggest reading books like The Gulag Archipelago or Ordinary Men.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If they're willing to vote to convict on b.s. charges (murder 2, come on), I'm sure things like duty and responsibility to justice aren't high on their priority list.
    Well. I have my doubts about that their verdict was based on the facts. But also, I'm not gonna say that because they reached the verdict they did, they must be morally corrupt. If they did it because they're afraid, okay. I understand it's intimidating. If it wasn't because of fear, I think it's as likely because they're biased like Kut is.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I think that's what I would rather do than sending someone to prison for charges I think weren't proven. But I'm not sure the options. When it's time to deliberate and you're the only one, and you start hearing all these threats and you have 11 other angry jurors riding your ass because you don't see things their way, what are the options at that point?
    Im not a lawyer. I believe this is why the have back up jurors. They would bring one of them in from what i understand.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why would I need to? If we are to accept that somehow 'not reading his 2A platform from his website' is exculpatory, then you are in fact claiming you didn't know he was so anti-2A. If you are not saying that knowing what you know now would convince you to vote differently, then you are saying that you approve of his pogrom program as worth the price to get rid of Trump - a de facto admission that you own it
    Hate to know what would happen if the Pro 2A candidate is also the Pro Abortion candidate...

Don't say it'll never happen...

See too much stuff happen that was not supposed to happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im not a lawyer. I believe this is why the have back up jurors. They would bring one of them in from what i understand.
    Yeah, I thought about that. But how do you bring that about without any "consequences"? What, do you say to the judge, uh, I think he's not guilty, but I'm afraid that if I hold out, i'll get doxxed and the angry mob will murder my family. I think it's a pretty ****ed up position to be in.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    So which is it? Were the jurors intimidated into their verdict? Or did they have an agenda from the very beginning to put him behind bars? You made both claims but they both cant be true.
    Postponing a wedding to serve as a juror sure sounds like an agenda, if that's true. Not sure about the source, someone posted it upthread. If there are twelve jurors, yes both can be true. Some can have an agenda, some can be intimidated.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah, I thought about that. But how do you bring that about without any "consequences"? What, do you say to the judge, uh, I think he's not guilty, but I'm afraid that if I hold out, i'll get doxxed and the angry mob will murder my family. I think it's a pretty ****ed up position to be in.
    Ya it'd be a really tough position. I think though you should say just that. I fear for my life.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Postponing a wedding to serve as a juror sure sounds like an agenda, if that's true. Not sure about the source, someone posted it upthread. If there are twelve jurors, yes both can be true. Some can have an agenda, some can be intimidated.
    I said it, I want to think i heard it on fox when the jury was being picked.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Would you be one of those intimidated people if you were on that jury? I’m wondering how many people here would vote to “appease the mob?”
    Had I been on the jury, the deliberations would have been shorter than they were. I would have explained why the trial was full of crap and then explained that it is either going to be acquittal or a hung jury because I'm not going to change my position.

Over the course of my life I have had a lot of difficulty from refusing to budge on matters of principle, but that's just the way I am.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Chauvin only had two members of his identity group on the jury. And maybe not even those two.

Honestly not sure what could’ve been done differently about the jurors. As massive of a situation as this is/was, there’s zero chance that you would be able to find jurors without any biases or preconceived notions about what the verdict should be.

Top Bottom