• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Jurors have to decide based on the truth as they see it. The ideas of fair justice and trial by a jury of our peers are among the bedrocks of freedom in this nation. Anyone who says they’d throw a fellow citizen under the bus out of fear is disappointing. For all the talk about freedom and the sacrifices people have made for it, it’s frustrating to see how cheaply some hold it. I have to believe the jurors in this trial voted for the truth as they saw it because the alternative is to lose faith in the entire system.
    I’d be more concerned with my fate at the particular judgment, though not everyone sees it that way.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Considering the cameras and the media hungry for a story, is there anything Chauvin could have done different to avoid this circus?

Short of not showing up for work that day, I'd say he was SOL the moment he got out of bed.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Considering the cameras and the media hungry for a story, is there anything Chauvin could have done different to avoid this circus?

Short of not showing up for work that day, I'd say he was SOL the moment he got out of bed.
    Shoved GF's ass in the back of the Explorer and drove to the PD. They let GF dictate to situation way too long.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My question is should we be televising these high profile trials? Would that reduce the media induced hysteria and create a safer atmosphere for the court.
    Never should have allowed any TV's in the courtroom. But, at some point it is of societal value to know what evidence was presented. When you watch the trial yourself don't have to wonder about how hard the news media has put their thumbs on the perception of justice. But, not that it does all that much good. I came away from the trial hearing the same evidence that Kut did, yet he got it terribly wrong. :D

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    For those of you interested earlier in the thread there was posting about a shooting in ohio. Just saw it was a 16 yr old girl.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The body cam video goes by extremely fast. It's pretty astonishing how little time officers have to react to stuff.
    I noticed the father ( so I read elsewhere) got a few kicks to the head of one of the girls before the shots were fired. He retreated pretty damn fast after that.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Shoved GF's ass in the back of the Explorer and drove to the PD. They let GF dictate to situation way too long.
    Yup. Remember, Floyd asked to be taken out of the car and put on the ground, because he was having a big stupid drug freakout over being arrested and was doing literally anything and everything under the sun to try to put off getting taken to jail.

Tell him to shut the **** up and get four cops to each pick a limb and throw him mouth-first into the back of the cruiser and drive away. Deal with his overdose down the road instead of in front of an angry mob.

Sure seems like a lot of these deaths are a direct result of police allowing a suspect to run the table on them for too long.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yup. Remember, Floyd asked to be taken out of the car and put on the ground, because he was having a big stupid drug freakout over being arrested and was doing literally anything and everything under the sun to try to put off getting taken to jail.

Tell him to shut the **** up and get four cops to each pick a limb and throw him mouth-first into the back of the cruiser and drive away. Deal with his overdose down the road instead of in front of an angry mob.

Sure seems like a lot of these deaths are a direct result of police allowing a suspect to run the table on them for too long.
    Not sure why they let GF control the situation.

Top Bottom