• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So your solution is to give up? This nation wouldn’t exist if that attitude was held by previous generations.
    Not at all. The founding principles of this nation should quite literally be fought to the death for. Rights are inalienable. That is truth in the truest sense. It is absolute truth.

But at some point they had to man the lifeboats on the Titanic...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    fox news is showing a protest and the geniuses participating are saying there`s still no justice, and that their ultimate goal is to abolish ALL police departments. Who is funding this idiocy, and does anyone really believe no police is a good idea? I guess only if you`re uneducated, have no vested interest in the nation surviving, and hold a grudge against America. Wonder what demographic that might be...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The solution is to take your own community and write off the rest as a loss.
    Actually taking back the country would be regarded by about half the population as the 4th reich.
    America tried the “you do your thing and we will do our thing,” and it didn’t really work.

I really have nothing further to add, so I’ll take my leave of this. It’s just very disappointing to see how resigned some are to give up.

* This post was edited. It came across harsher than I intended it to be.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    fox news is showing a protest and the geniuses participating are saying there`s still no justice, and that their ultimate goal is to abolish ALL police departments. Who is funding this idiocy, and does anyone really believe no police is a good idea? I guess only if you`re uneducated, have no vested interest in the nation surviving, and hold a grudge against America. Wonder what demographic that might be...

But remember my views are just inflammatory, and they actually aren't out to get anyone.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    America tried the “you do your thing and we will do our thing,” and it didn’t really work.

I really have nothing further to add, so I’ll take my leave of this. It’s just very disappointing to see how willing some are to give up on our country.
    What I find disappointing is how readily some would burn the country down and hand it over to those who never worked to make it great in the first place.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What I find disappointing is how readily some would burn the country down and hand it over to those who never worked to make it great in the first place.

Please, do write up exactly how you propose to do that.

Extra points if it doesn't include illegal activities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jurors have to decide based on the truth as they see it. The ideas of fair justice and trial by a jury of our peers are among the bedrocks of freedom in this nation. Anyone who says they’d throw a fellow citizen under the bus out of fear is disappointing. For all the talk about freedom and the sacrifices people have made for it, it’s frustrating to see how cheaply some hold it. I have to believe the jurors in this trial voted for the truth as they saw it because the alternative is to lose faith in the entire system.
    I don't think the prosecution came close to proving that Chauvin caused the death by kneeling on him. My problem with Chauvin has been that he kept him down after Floyd had become unresponsive. I think it's possible that Floyd may have been saved if medical aid had been rendered as soon as he passed out.

But 2nd degree murder? Nah. I just don't see it the same way as the highlighted. I have to believe what I think IS true, not what I want to believe is true so that something discouraging isn't true.

I can't say that if I were on the jury that I would not consider the potential for violence to be acted upon jurors who didn't render the "right" verdict. You've surely heard the threats. You've surely seen what the angry mob has done over the past year to people that don't comply with demands. I take those threats seriously and I imagine the jury had to have.

I have little confidence left in the system. There are just too many people with institutional power who don't care to preserve the founding principles. I kinda think we're ****ed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don’t know your background, but damn, I’d find it very difficult to believe that you got the master list of working persons from HR. So that said, do you source that you could direct me to where that information was gathered?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The jurors knew the risks going in. If they felt they could not do their duty they could have been replaced.

One guy postponed his wedding to be a juror. At anytime they could have said I can not be fair because i fear for my family's safety. They didnt though.
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but that makes me wonder if they signed up to do their duty, which was to render a guilty verdict. I think they probably could have charged him with 1st degree murder (though a judge probably would throw that out) and the jury would have found him guilty of that.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is this a joke? You just posted a video editing out why things ended up that way.
    Regardless of how things started chauvin got comfy enough to put his hands in his pockets. That’s when it stopped being about restraining him.

Edit: let’s add some perspective. This is a gun forum. You defend yourself against an armed attacker, his weapon is dropped and he’s laying on the ground clutching his wounds. You then walk up and put another in his dome. Is it justified because of how it started?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but that makes me wonder if they signed up to do their duty, which was to render a guilty verdict. I think they probably could have charged him with 1st degree murder (though a judge probably would throw that out) and the jury would have found him guilty of that.

As was pointed out earlier, he was simultaneously convicted of accidental homicide and intentional murder.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't think the prosecution came close to proving that Chauvin caused the death by kneeling on him. My problem with Chauvin has been that he kept him down after Floyd had become unresponsive. I think it's possible that Floyd may have been saved if medical aid had been rendered as soon as he passed out.

But 2nd degree murder? Nah. I just don't see it the same way as the highlighted. I have to believe what I think IS true, not what I want to believe is true so that something discouraging isn't true.

I can't say that if I were on the jury that I would not consider the potential for violence to be acted upon jurors who didn't render the "right" verdict. You've surely heard the threats. You've surely seen what the angry mob has done over the past year to people that don't comply with demands. I take those threats seriously and I imagine the jury had to have.

I have little confidence left in the system. There are just too many people with institutional power who don't care to preserve the founding principles. I kinda think we're ****ed.

100% agree.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes, there are a large number of self hating white people, have you not read the news?
    "God please teach me how to hate white people." is something worth googling.
    So are we in an all out race war now in your opinion?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t know your background, but damn, I’d find it very difficult to believe that you got the master list of working persons from HR. So that said, do you source that you could direct me to where that information was gathered?
    I'm guessing he must have edited the post because it does not look to me like what's posted has anything to do with people who work. He said people who worked to make it great. That sounds very much like an opinion and not a statement of knowledge about the employment status of the mewling quim's of America.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Regardless of how things started chauvin got comfy enough to put his hands in his pockets. That’s when it stopped being about restraining him.

Edit: let’s add some perspective. This is a gun forum. You defend yourself against an armed attacker, his weapon is dropped and he’s laying on the ground clutching his wounds. You then walk up and put another in his dome. Is it justified because of how it started?

Faulty comparison.

Lets say I defend myself against an attacker, and restrain him afterwards until police arrive. He dies before the police arrive and my method of restraining him is blamed as being responsible for his death.

Top Bottom