• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Jurors have to decide based on the truth as they see it. The ideas of fair justice and trial by a jury of our peers are among the bedrocks of freedom in this nation. Anyone who says they’d throw a fellow citizen under the bus out of fear is disappointing. For all the talk about freedom and the sacrifices people have made for it, it’s frustrating to see how cheaply some hold it. I have to believe the jurors in this trial voted for the truth as they saw it because the alternative is to lose faith in the entire system.
    I wish I held your optimism, but what I`m seeing with my own eyes won`t allow that...

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Everyone has a bias going into a trial. The issue is the evidence usually pushes things in a direction of enlightenment.

But when you have an angry mob making you decide between some random stranger's life or a family member's life, then all bets are off.
    The jurors knew the risks going in. If they felt they could not do their duty they could have been replaced.

One guy postponed his wedding to be a juror. At anytime they could have said I can not be fair because i fear for my family's safety. They didnt though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This post is intentionally inflammatory, and flat out false. It the kind of stuff the "14 Words" folks say. "They" seems to be filled with a hell of a lot of White people. Are there idiots on the left that say that stupid #$%@? Sure, but those idiots also exist on the right as well.
    Sure. There are idiots on the right and left. The ones on the right have no institutional power. The ones on the left own pretty much all the institutions. I'm not worried at all about the right wing idiots. No power. Hell, they can't even take over the damn Capitol. If you're not running an abortion clinic you have almost zero chance of harm coming to you via idiots on the right.

Those ****ers on the left? yeah, they can ruin your life and think nothing of it because they see it as them being moral.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Obviously you missed the testimony about how he didn't sit on his neck at all. No trauma to the neck at all. Nothing and a video from a different angle showed he was kneeling on his shoulder. Also medical examiner's report bruises on shoulder not neck. So Obviously this jury closed their minds to facts just as you have.
    I watched the video. I don’t give a damn what the ME said, the video clearly shows him sitting on his neck. Here is a refresher in case you missed it

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Jurors have to decide based on the truth as they see it. The ideas of fair justice and trial by a jury of our peers are among the bedrocks of freedom in this nation. Anyone who says they’d throw a fellow citizen under the bus out of fear is disappointing. For all the talk about freedom and the sacrifices people have made for it, it’s frustrating to see how cheaply some hold it. I have to believe the jurors in this trial voted for the truth as they saw it because the alternative is to lose faith in the entire system.

Don’t conflate naivety with virtue

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Essentially starting a race war with blacks winning, but not being smart enough to rule themselves. So the family would come down from the hills and lead them.
    ...and the more populous Latino population is just gonna siesta during all this going down? And the Asians? They’re going just vacation or something?
    And you’re putting faith in that crackpot premise?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So your solution is to give up? This nation wouldn’t exist if that attitude was held by previous generations.

The solution is to take your own community and write off the rest as a loss.
    Actually taking back the country would be regarded by about half the population as the 4th reich.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    ...and the more populous Latino population is just gonna siesta during all this going down? And the Asians? They’re going just vacation or something?
    And you’re putting faith in that crackpot premise?
    Minnesota is also a pretty strange place to start a race war.

Top Bottom