• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Would you be one of those intimidated people if you were on that jury? I’m wondering how many people here would vote to “appease the mob?”
    No. I would have rendered my verdict depending on the testimony I heard. Mob be damned. Every defendant deserves that. How else can we all have any faith in the justice system? If these 12 jurors caved to the mob, they have betrayed us all.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ya know for a whole forum full of people who say “judged by 12 rather than carried by 6” y’all sure do think the jury came to the wrong conclusion despite a video in which someone sat on someone’s neck for 10 minutes.

I know BLM doesn’t have many fans here but some bias is showing. I’m no fan of them myself but I sure don’t like the idea of the enforcers of the law being judge jury and executioner.
    Obviously you missed the testimony about how he didn't sit on his neck at all. No trauma to the neck at all. Nothing and a video from a different angle showed he was kneeling on his shoulder. Also medical examiner's report bruises on shoulder not neck. So Obviously this jury closed their minds to facts just as you have.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Easier said than done after witnessing cities around the country being burned down and razed for the better part of a year, then being doxxed by reddit and blood being thrown on a witness' door.
    At some point, the risk isn't worth it. The government won't protect you, the police can't protect you, and while you might be able to shoot them if they come for you, you will be thrown in jail for the rest of your life.
    Can you cite an instance, ANY instance of a juror being attacked by BLM from any of a number of court case in which folks rioted? Or how about an attorney/DA who defended, or declined to file charges? It seems to me you’re just making excuses for the jurors because you don’t like the outcome.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Can you cite an instance, ANY instance of a juror being attacked by BLM from any of a number of court case in which folks rioted? Or how about an attorney/DA who defended, or declined to file charges? It seems to me you’re just making excuses for the jurors because you don’t like the outcome.
    Okay kut.

I just put myself in their shoes and explained how I would feel in that position. That's the best I can do as a human being to try to understand their perspective on why they'd consider someone guilty of INTENTIONAL murder and UNINTENTIONAL manslaughter at the same time.

But I just don't like the outcome... Sure I don't like the outcome because the verdict is at conflict with its self, and the trial was a miscarriage of justice. It should have been done in a different location without live streams, and a sequestered jury considering the entire nation was trying to influence the outcome.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not sure if srs?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    My question is fair. You say you’d be in fear. I’m asking the basis of that fear. I love my family as much as the next one, but I’ll be damned if I throw an innocent to wolves because of something someone “MIGHT” do.

You’re right. Cities burning to the ground last summer in the name of “justice” never happened. My bad. We all imagined the whole thing because of our white fragility.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My question is fair. You say you’d be in fear. I’m asking the basis of that fear. I love my family as much as the next one, but I’ll be damned if I throw an innocent to wolves because of something someone “MIGHT” do.

Tough talk, lets see you do that when a significant portion of the nation is talking about your address online and informing you of what is the right choice if you want to live.

Hell, you even admitted you had to stop talking about where you worked due to fears.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're not very good at race baiting. I don't think you would make much at it.
    Oh here comes this nonsense. Some of you guys would be dangerous if ya’ll opened a book every now and again. Civil rights during the span I cited, went well beyond race. It also included religious and women’s rights.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Until that something someone “might do” is half the country that happens to be burning down cities is now focused on you and doxxing you everywhere you move.

You get upset and report posts on ingo... now you want us to believe you’d stand up to millions of people burning the country freely?

Ok

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Oh here comes this nonsense. Some of you guys would be dangerous if ya’ll opened a book every now and again. Civil rights during the span I cited, went well beyond race. It also included religious and women’s rights.
    All them rights were fought for by Republicans not Democrats. Every Democrat was against the majority of civil rights.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Tough talk, lets see you do that when a significant portion nation is talking about your address online and informing you of what is the right choice if you want to live.

Hell, you even admitted you had to stop talking about where you worked due to fears.
    Well, I’m apparently one of the last of the “men with a spine and thick skin.”

Yeah, I stopped talking about where I worked, out of fear of some knucklehead calling in some stupid stuff, and me having to explain why some weirdo is doxxing me; nor because I was afraid someone would do me harm. And that’s not even a “right/wrong” issue.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Yeah, I stopped talking about where I worked, out of fear of some knucklehead calling in some stupid stuff, and me having to explain why some weirdo is doxxing me; nor because I was afraid someone would do me harm. And that’s not even a “right/wrong” issue.

So you're capitulating over just some knuckle head saying something... And you expect me to believe you'd have a spine when there's a clear and present threat to your life and your family's life? :laugh:

Get real dude. Internet tough guy nonsense is just dumb.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

In fact it isn't people's business to know that stuff in the first place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, I’m completely out. I’m not going to put my life and my family’s life and well-being in the balance for a system that will burn me down for doing my job.

I only serve at the will of the people. The people don’t want me anymore.
    I understand. I think I'd feel the same way. But it's not "the people", it's "some people", and unfortunately, they have some political cover to demand absurd things.

I'm afraid what's going to happen is the police who would not enforce unconstitutional laws will quit, and what we'll end up with is basically the equivalent of UK's bobbies, more concerned with who said mean things on the internet than policing real ass crimes.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Obviously you missed the testimony about how he didn't sit on his neck at all. No trauma to the neck at all. Nothing and a video from a different angle showed he was kneeling on his shoulder. Also medical examiner's report bruises on shoulder not neck. So Obviously this jury closed their minds to facts just as you have.
    So you think, they convicted the cop on 3 counts after seeing he only put his knee on his back? Oh please, what world do you live in? The defense tried to cast doubt, stating he had his knee on his back at one point. The defense wasn't a good defense, because it's hard to defend a murderer.

Top Bottom