Fort Wayne gunstore is gonna need some help!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Went there today, they have a decent selection of Magpul parts-
    3 guys behind the counter-Russ the owner and 2 other guys!
    Talked to all 3, nice and friendly!

No problems here!

Prices were fair, no real difference then buying online!
    Why not support the local businesses!

Because I can support a shop that is also an advertiser here.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Show me a shop in Fort Wayne who's a sponsor on this website? I just looked through the list and if any of them are in Fort Wayne it's news to me.

Maybe if we take the first step and support the local shops and tell them it's because word got out on this website then they'll actually want to advertise here. It's nice to think that people will just willingly advertise without beign shown anything first, but if you can show them a benefit to advertising here first and how it can help their shop, then I think you're more likely to get them on board.

In either case I'm not going to hold it against them if they don't advertise on this website. I think it'd be a good business decision if they did, but I'm not going to tell someone else how to be the captain of their own ship.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    For me I will drive 10-15 miles south to support a paying advertiser. 21st Century Firearms has been a long time supporter and been very good to the INGUN crowd.

Their inventory is huge and the staff can not be beat.

It costs a lot to keep this site running. If advertisers are not supported they will not pay.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For me I will drive 10-15 miles south to support a paying advertiser. 21st Century Firearms has been a long time supporter and been very good to the INGUN crowd.

Their inventory is huge and the staff can not be beat.

It costs a lot to keep this site running. If advertisers are not supported they will not pay.

I agree that 21st is awesome. I've only been there a handfull of times, because it's not a 10-15 minute drive for me. I really wish it was because I sure as heck would have gotten in on that last XD essentials deal that they had. It's almost an hour for me to drive there and I wish that wasn't the case.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Nothing wrong with 21st Century-
    Again, a great bunch of guys that work there, their inventory is one of the best Ive seen and there prices are equally good! However, much more of a drive for me than other shops closer by.

For the stripped lowers at Ranger Supply, they had 3! All Spikes Tactical.

I am not sure if I perceive people differently than other gun owners, but I try to show the same respect I would like to receive-and that usually leads to a pretty good experience.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Nothing wrong with 21st Century-
    Again, a great bunch of guys that work there, their inventory is one of the best Ive seen and there prices are equally good! However, much more of a drive for me than other shops closer by.

For the stripped lowers at Ranger Supply, they had 3! All Spikes Tactical.

I am not sure if I perceive people differently than other gun owners, but I try to show the same respect I would like to receive-and that usually leads to a pretty good experience.

Cool. I am looking for a Spikes lower. Wonder if they will be at the Ft. Wayne show tomorrow?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I stopped by the shop tonight and they were loading up the van. They will be at the show tomorrow.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    21st is an hour + away for me, but this is where I go to buy now. They knew what a Tavor was, a PDW was, a Calico ect... Unlike Fort Wayne stores who problem don't even know what a master key is. As long as they don't act like jerks I will stay loyal.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well... I know they have a Remington 750 in 30-06 on the shelf there now. I was asking him about trading it in against another gun and he said that because the 30-06 caliber isn't used much in Indiana that I'd be better off putting it up on consignment rather than trading it in. After talking with a few local dealers about the trade I would agree that he was exactly right. He was the only local gun shop who offered to do it on consignment and also said he'd take it to gun shows with him also. Again, he's a pretty good guy to deal with. If he can sell it, my next gun will be bought through them.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I said wow, you should advertise better because I just found out about you. The man spat back you should have looked harder. I have smacked people for less than that kind of back sass.

So I bought my guns elsewhere. Here is what they missed out on selling to me because of a smart mouth punk. While they don't carry all of these I did not even consider shopping them anymore.
    Saiga 12

Mossberg 500

Beretta 21

GSG-5

Coachman Double Barrel

+ all the parts for the mods I make to my guns.

I wish I made so much money that I could treat coustomers like crap. Cheeps did this and they went out of business.
    :tantrum:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Before I say anything, I am buying a new pistol from 21st Century Thursday. With that said, man you get tiresome with this whining about supporting the site. Russ has approached INGO and it has not happened. End of story. No accusations. It just is what it is. NOW, back to the point of the thread Mr. ThreadJacker, Ranger Supply went through the hearing to rezone his location adn it looks like it is going to happen. No word yet though. They are functioning pretty well. As many others have pointed out, Ranger is a good place for accessories and off the beaten path guns not available at the bigger dealers like 21st. You also need a sense of humor when dealing with Russ!;)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You also need a sense of humor when dealing with Russ!;)

+1. I can see how some people could take it the wrong way, but he's a pretty good guy with a good sense of humor. Most of the times I go in there we usually end up doing a lot of talking.

Does anyone know if he's going to the 1500 show?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As a Fort Wayne resident we don't have many gun stores left and one of the ones that we do have is over priced. Please come up to northern Indiana and help out a small store trying to make an honest buck.

I have no part in Ranger but also want to keep a gun store open in my little part of Indiana.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As a Fort Wayne resident we don't have many gun stores left and one of the ones that we do have is over priced. Please come up to northern Indiana and help out a small store trying to make an honest buck.

I have no part in Ranger but also want to keep a gun store open in my little part of Indiana.
    :rockwoot:Good for you Wild. I agree. If Ranger is gone, all FW has anymore is H&H and Ed Hirschy (shiver). Also, Ranger is the ONE place that places services so high on his resume. Name another place that will mount rail sets, install sights, etc for the price of the product only? We have plenty of big gun stores, small ones like this need to be supported when possible.:twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom