Fort Wayne gunstore is gonna need some help!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Ranger Supply selling guns again.

Russ is back in the Gun Selling Biz. Just a short ride to the old shop to fill out the paper work, pay and keep things legal. He should have the zoning problem cleaned up sometime in November to be able to sell at the new store but no need to wait. "Go forth and multiply (your gun collection)":D

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Russ is back in the Gun Selling Biz. Just a short ride to the old shop to fill out the paper work, pay and keep things legal. He should have the zoning problem cleaned up sometime in November to be able to sell at the new store but no need to wait. "Go forth and multiply (your gun collection)":D

Yep! I just picked up my G 19 tonight. Russ stayed at the shop while Mike and I went to the old location to do the paperwork.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have a new BCM charging handle I'm going to be picking up Friday. I can't wait.

Ringmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Thanks for the info. Good news! I've put off a couple of purchases so I can make them at Ranger. I'll get over there later this week.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    How are his prices on firearms compared to other shops in the area? I have seen $100 + difference in prices on firearms in the same area. Some places I just will not stop in anymore. I would love to find a good honest dealer in the area!! Trust me, they would get plenty of my business and recomendation. I gotta get down there this weekend and check the place out. Thinking of doing an AR build anyway....

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    How are his prices on firearms compared to other shops in the area? I have seen $100 + difference in prices on firearms in the same area. Some places I just will not stop in anymore. I would love to find a good honest dealer in the area!! Trust me, they would get plenty of my business and recomendation. I gotta get down there this weekend and check the place out. Thinking of doing an AR build anyway....

He's like any other business out there. He's going to be reasonably higher & lower than guns anywhere else. He wouldn't still be in business if he wasn't competitive though.

The biggest difference in his prices is that he doesn't include the 3% for credit cards so every price you see is plus 3%. I think it's kind of weird, but it's his place and he can do whatever he wants.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's like any other business out there. He's going to be reasonably higher & lower than guns anywhere else. He wouldn't still be in business if he wasn't competitive though.

The biggest difference in his prices is that he doesn't include the 3% for credit cards so every price you see is plus 3%. I think it's kind of weird, but it's his place and he can do whatever he wants.

I have always thought his selection wasn't the biggest, but that has always worked in my favor. If you know exactly what you want, I don't think anyone in the area can beat him on price if you pay the full amount down when you have him order.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Russ has beaten every Competitors price out there for all my purchases. I'd say hes probably has the best prices in town! Def worth the drive to check out the shop! Russ carries alot of AR & AK accessories!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I will be in Fort Wayne this weekend. I will check his website for Saturday hours and plan to stop in. Thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

I see that in a lot of gun shops, its something thats seems unique to that industry. The CC companies do charge them 3%, but imo it is the cost of them using that service, oh well it is what it is. I will gladly pay the 3% fee to work with the guys at Ranger. I have been to pretty much every shop in this are and they are by far the nicest and most helpful, not the best selection but prices are great and if he doesnt have it he will get it.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I have not looked, but if he is an INGO supporter, will contact him and try to buy something off of him. Otherwise, well, I know he is facing a money crunch, but if he/you want us to support him, he needs to step up and then I know or at least feel more assured this is not a gimmick for a guy trying to unload a bunch of stuff he has accumulated legally or otherwise. And before you jump down my throat, I am not accusing you of any wrong doing, just trying to protect the few coins I have rattling around in my pockets.

He is legit, just got caught up in the paperwork shuffle snafu that comes with moving from literally one side of the street into a nicer location on the other side. He is a nice dude, and his prices are decent. I would suggest that any INGO users that patronize him ask him to support the forum by advertising once he is back on his feet. The last time I was in there, he was choosing his light bill over his water bill. I hope his business does not fall victim to the speed of government. Further I hope that the folks at the ATF that are helping him with his paperwork the best that they can. It must be tough to be a cog in the machine and want to do all you can to help a business owner. Anyway, support the little guy. One day you might be the small business person needing the break. That's my :twocents:

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    If you want a large selection to choose from and can deal with bad customer service then go to H&H, personal experience.

Yes the selection of firearms that Russ has on hand is limited, but if you want it he will get it for you. Where Russ excells is his customer service. From what I have seen his prices on firearms are the best in town.

Last week I bought a P3AT from him, for about $80 less than MSRP. Had an issue with the gun, he took a look at it but it had to go back to Kel-Tech; he felt really bad about the situation and said that if Kel-Tech gave me any problems that he would call them and get involved. I don't know of to many stores or store owners around willing to do that. Russ is the first place I will go to for firearm purchase from now on.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If you want a large selection to choose from and can deal with bad customer service then go to H&H, personal experience.

I live in Fort Wayne and from my experience all the guns stores here have very bad coustomer service and the employees all have bad attitudes. Neither gun store even know what a Tavor was or a PDW. I don't expect you to know every gun made, but you should know the major players even if you don't sell them.

Last edited by a moderator:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I live in Fort Wayne and from my experience all the guns stores here have very bad coustomer service and the employees all have bad attitudes. Neither gun store even know what a Tavor was or a PDW. I don't expect you to know every gun made, but you should know the major players even if you don't sell them.

I live in fort wayne and don't know what a Tavor is for sure (is that the ruusian 9mm pistol?) and assume a PDW is a personal defense weapon. Where were you disappointed and what didn't they know? I'm kind of surprised at what you were saying about the gun store people having bad attitudes. In my experience that was only true for H&H until they got new management and now they seem to be pretty friendly with less turnover.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom