Fort Wayne gunstore is gonna need some help!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Can somebody post an Address - you know the name of the street and the number of the building - or the name of the strip mall - to a near by cross road? What's on here is pretty general and not truly very helpful.

Good sentiments, but I don't spend a lot of time in FW. When I'm there I generally have a destination in mind not just driving around looking for someplace. I might be interested in stopping in if I know where it is.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As far as reloading supplies go, I don't think he carrys anything. At least I've never seen anything. I don't know if you need an FFL to sell that stuff or not.

Good point. A person doesn't need a FFL to have ammo,primers or powder delivered to your front door. I know in some cases, the dealers are under a different set of laws then us. I have a guess as to whether he can sell them, but I would like to have it verified before going thru his front door and having him order some for me... Last thing he would need now would be someone going in and asking him to order something he couldn't...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Here's a regular map:

RangersMap.jpg

Here's the satelite:

Rangers.jpg

Ringmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I'm new to INGO, but not to Ranger Supply. I've known Russ and his business for several years and can assure all that he's the real deal. Anyone who has been in is old store can surely appreciate that lack of space was the primary reason he was not able to display large quantities of accessories. Someone asked if he had a website -- yes. It's been up for several years:

RangerSupplyCo.com

Like others, I encourage all to support Russ and Ranger Supply in any way you can.

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I just got back from Ranger. Spent about $89. I told him the word went on on INGO. Hopefully, when he gets on his feet he will become a supporter. I open carried today, going to Walgreens on Paulding and Anthony to get a passport photo for a Utah non-resident class I'm taking in September. No problems. While I was at Ranger, a couple of Fort Wayne's finest came in. Again no OC problems. I'm beginning to feel comfortable.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Ranger Supply.

I know in the past they have tried to become a supporter. Not sure why they have not been accepted. He is always looking for a way to get the word out on his shop.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Stopped in tonight and it cost me... Found out the ATF has been trying to work with him and he'll likely be able to sell guns again next week, but.... you'll have to go for a quick 1 minute drive to the old location and do the paperwork there. It's a simple hassle but it's also government at it's finest. At least he's going to have some options to help him stay in business.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Stopped in tonight and it cost me... Found out the ATF has been trying to work with him and he'll likely be able to sell guns again next week, but.... you'll have to go for a quick 1 minute drive to the old location and do the paperwork there. It's a simple hassle but it's also government at it's finest. At least he's going to have some options to help him stay in business.

That's great news ! Thanks for the update. I had just talked to Mike earlier today, so this must be breaking news. Will be happy taking that short drive around the corner. :D

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just saw the thread a few minutes ago. Glad to see that Ranger Supply is getting some help. I met Russ at a Fort Wayne gun show. I explained I had a problem with the new Glock factory mags not fitting as tightly as the previous run. He invited me to visit the shop to seek a solution. We worked on it for about an hour. He went out of his way to help me. I learned a great deal from him in a short time. I have been back several times. Same good, friendly service; willing to share his knowledge without being arrogant or condescending. He is a legitimate good guy.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I don't live in Fort Wayne, but get there often. I have dealt with them at the Fort Wayne gun show. I did go to the old store once. It was a bribe. My wife wanted to go to Jefferson Pointe when we went to FW... the deal was... if she got to go to Jefferson Pointe we had to stop and check out Ranger Supply. :D Hope he can make it.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Spent about an hour in the shop yesterday. ( Friday) While I was there, Russ got a call from his current landlord and was told a meeting was scheduled for Monday with the previous landlord. His hopes are if all goes well, he will be back to buying/selling again by weeks end. Again, this would mean him having to take a short drive back to the old location for any transactions for the time being until he gets the zoning taken care of at the new shop.

Lets keep our fingers crossed all goes well for him on Monday !

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone been to Ranger Supply this week ? As of last Friday, he was hoping to have something temporary worked out with his old landlord by weeks end. Was curious if he has found out anything yet.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Anyone been to Ranger Supply this week ? As of last Friday, he was hoping to have something temporary worked out with his old landlord by weeks end. Was curious if he has found out anything yet.

I was there two days ago and apparently all he was waiting for was a piece of paper with signatures to be returned to be able to sell guns at the old location.

They did have guns in the showcase and on the walls which they did not earlier. I talked to him for a bit with some other guys there, he said business was down about 70% since last year this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom