Fort Wayne gunstore is gonna need some help!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Gotta admit I did not know what a TAVOR was until I googled it. I'm not sure I would call it a major player either. Plenty of bullpup designs out there over the past 20 years to choose from. There are also more than two gun shops in the Fort Wayne area but Ranger Supply is a favorite of mine. I don't believe I've ever met anyone that knows every gun made, these days just staying up with the new stuff.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Stopped in there today and purchased a complete m4 6 position stock for 39.99 and a sling adapter plate. Spent more time BS'n with Russ. Great guy, real friendly shop. Now I have 2 favorite gun shops. Rangers and 21st Century.:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Neither gun store even know what a Tavor was or a PDW. I don't expect you to know every gun made, but you should know the major players even if you don't sell them.

Major players in the firearms industry:

Armalite
    Berretta
    Browning
    Bushmaster
    Colt Manufacturing
    FN Manufacturing
    Glock
    Heckler & Koch
    Kimber
    Marlin
    Mossberg
    Remington
    Ruger
    Springfield Armory
    Savage
    SIG Arms
    Smith & Wesson
    Taurus
    Walther
    Weatherby
    Winchester

Until IMI (Israeli Military Industries) starts making/marketing products geared toward a wider audience (hunting, general target shooting, etc., not just the uber-tacticool crowd), I think your average small/medium sized gun store employee can be forgiven for not knowing their entire line up... :twocents:

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was in there last night and he was more than helpful with me. I was asking him about trading in a gun against another one, but because of the caliber (30-06) he wasn't sure he'd be able to sell the gun in Indiana. He offered to take it to a couple guns shows this month and sell it on consignment for me at a very reasonable rate. That gets me a lot closer to what I'd ultimately like to purchase and everyone wins. Russ is a pretty good guy.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I met Russ at a gun show in the Fort last winter. He went out of his way to help me with a specific problem. I stopped by his shop the next day and we worked on it some more. He is knowledgeable and helpful. His customer service far exceeds that of H & H personnel except for Thomas. Russ and Tom are on a par for excellence in customer service. I prefer Ranger Supply over the two shops in New Haven. One of the New Haven shops has a great selection but rude and arrogant personnel; the other has good personnel and prices but poor selection. Tomlinsons (I think that is the name) in Churubusco has good selection, good prices and good folks working there. I like to visit there since they are so close to my home. I have had great conversations with the crew from 21st Century at gun shows in the Fort and they have offered some great prices, but it is just hard for me to drive an hour when Tomlinson is close for purchasing and H&H is close for shooting (as well as Mile Corner in Garrett).

Basically, the Fort is well served in firearms and shooting supplies. Russ has one of the better shops, in my opinion.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Major players in the firearms industry:

Armalite
    Berretta
    Browning
    Bushmaster
    Colt Manufacturing
    FN Manufacturing
    Glock
    Heckler & Koch
    Kimber
    Marlin
    Mossberg
    Remington
    Ruger
    Springfield Armory
    Savage
    SIG Arms
    Smith & Wesson
    Taurus
    Walther
    Weatherby
    Winchester

Until IMI (Israeli Military Industries) starts making/marketing products geared toward a wider audience (hunting, general target shooting, etc., not just the uber-tacticool crowd), I think your average small/medium sized gun store employee can be forgiven for not knowing their entire line up... :twocents:[/quote]
    Check out the new 1911 Desert Eagle that Magnum Research just came out with not too long ago. I just got one yesterday and they are sweeeeet guys! Trigger is adjustable w/ a great clean crisp break out of the box! It really surprised me! Maybe he has one of them there to check out. Im all for keeping the mom and pop places in business no matter what type of store it is! My dad and mom own a small mom and pop gun store in the country but since they started advertising on the radio it has helped them out! You may want to let him know about the radio advertising as it will definitely be worth his while to do it and it pays for itself in no time,especially in a big city or close to one!I hope he does good! If you can PM me a# for him I may see if I can throw a few bones his way if he will ship on my dime. :twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Well ,I spoke with one of the employees from Ranger Supply & they are going to have their day at the City County Bldg monday 10/11/10 6:00pm to decide on rezoning the store for firearm sales at their new location ,When they moved into the new store the leaser was sure that it was zoned for firearm sales & was very mistaken .This has been a long process for Russ & if anyone would care to be at the City County bldg (Allen Co) in Ft. Wayne IN for moral support or to speak on Russ's behalf will be greatly appreciated .Call the store & find out what you can do to help support them,260 432 5007 local -1 866 377 2076 toll free.Russ made this move to have a larger store to better serve his clientele,lets show him that we appreciate this.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    To anybody that has been in lately, what does he have for stripped AR lowers? I am in need of a lower, and I am thinking of making the trip after work tomorrow.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know he's got some stripped lowers for about 100 but I didn't look hard enough to know what brand they were.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    To anybody that has been in lately, what does he have for stripped AR lowers? I am in need of a lower, and I am thinking of making the trip after work tomorrow.

Spikes tactical, If I recall right about $135 or something like that, It had the colored bullet markings, very nice.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Spikes tactical, If I recall right about $135 or something like that, It had the colored bullet markings, very nice.

Well I want a Spike's lower, but AIM has them for $79 and free shipping. After transfer, it would be about $100. Wonder if he would come down to match that price??? How does Russ deal on stuff like that???

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Where were you disappointed and what didn't they know? I'm kind of surprised at what you were saying about the gun store people having bad attitudes. In my experience that was only true for H&H until they got new management and now they seem to be pretty friendly with less turnover.

I went to h&h and bought a .22 clip for my beretta. For some darn reason I could not get my shells to fit the gun. Turns out that they were .25's mispackaged. h&h told me they knew this, but would not exchange it because I did not have my receipt and on top of that they still had the mispackaged clips for sale.

The second was Ranger Supply. I seen a new gun store was in town so I loaded up the car with my boys and went all the way across town to view it. I was so excited that a new toy store was open. I asked how long were they open and the guy said 6 months. I said wow, you should advertise better because I just found out about you. The man spat back you should have looked harder. I have smacked people for less than that kind of back sass.

So I bought my guns elsewhere. Here is what they missed out on selling to me because of a smart mouth punk. While they don't carry all of these I did not even consider shopping them anymore.
    Saiga 12

Mossberg 500

Beretta 21

GSG-5

Coachman Double Barrel

+ all the parts for the mods I make to my guns.

I wish I made so much money that I could treat coustomers like crap. Cheeps did this and they went out of business.

Last edited by a moderator:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Went there today, they have a decent selection of Magpul parts-
    3 guys behind the counter-Russ the owner and 2 other guys!
    Talked to all 3, nice and friendly!

No problems here!

Prices were fair, no real difference then buying online!
    Why not support the local businesses!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

No problems here!

Have they gotten any word yet on the hearing Monday ? Is it something that will be determined imediately, or will Russ have to wait even longer ?

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    You can say what you want but those guys at Ranger go out of there way to help people And he can get anything you want as long as it is out there.Just ask and you will receive so if you don't shop there your the one losing out.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian

No problems here!

Did you notice what he had for stripped AR lowers?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I went to h&h and bought a .22 clip for my beretta. For some darn reason I could not get my shells to fit the gun. Turns out that they were .25's mispackaged. h&h told me they knew this, but would not exchange it because I did not have my receipt and on top of that they still had the mispackaged clips for sale.

The second was Ranger Supply. I seen a new gun store was in town so I loaded up the car with my boys and went all the way across town to view it. I was so excited that a new toy store was open. I asked how long were they open and the guy said 6 months. I said wow, you should advertise better because I just found out about you. The man spat back you should have looked harder. I have smacked people for less than that kind of back sass.

So I bought my guns elsewhere. Here is what they missed out on selling to me because of a smart mouth punk. While they don't carry all of these I did not even consider shopping them anymore.
    Saiga 12

Mossberg 500

Beretta 21

GSG-5

Coachman Double Barrel

+ all the parts for the mods I make to my guns.

I wish I made so much money that I could treat coustomers like crap. Cheeps did this and they went out of business.

Really? You have smacked a guy you don't know because he made a smart comment? If so, you need anger management.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom