For those of you who support abortion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    If i have something inside of my body, say......
    A baby
    A bullet
    A cancerous tumor
    A scalpel left there by a surgion

I and I alone should make the decision as to when and where it gets removed and no one else.

That is my position on abortion.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I hear all of this talk about ending abortion and expecting everyone else to pay for the results.... ... If you're so passionate, why don't you lead by example?

Now this I can get behind.

Changing the world by government force is a fool's errand. Let's man up and take it on ourselves.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There are already 115,000 eligible for adoption in the USA ... Right now. How many more do you want?

Facts and Statistics

Then why do so many people adopt from overseas? Worked with a guy and all 6 of his kids are from overseas. I know at least one member here that has been trying to adopt for quite some time now.

Apparently there really are not 115,000 kids ready to be adopted or at least the powers that be really do not want to adopt them out for whatever reason.

2011ford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    For instance, like what?
    Saw a bumper sticker, "Abortion doesn't make you unpregnant. It just makes you the Mother of a dead baby!"

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Then why do so many people adopt from overseas? Worked with a guy and all 6 of his kids are from overseas. I know at least one member here that has been trying to adopt for quite some time now.

Apparently there really are not 115,000 kids ready to be adopted or at least the powers that be really do not want to adopt them out for whatever reason.

I would imagine most of them are not newborns.

People spend a lot of money and wait a long time to adopt newborns. Adopting older kids with emotional problems is a more difficult undertaking, and not many have the heart for it.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    "Tough topics demand honest answers, and nothing is more emotional than the discussion of human life. I believe that the issue of abortion has long been used to manipulate those on the left and right. While these emotions are real, promises of a solution aren't. In the public policy arena, we are at an impasse. As a result, we ought to stop dividing ourselves over this issue, and declare a cease-fire. We have important economic hurdles, and these times require us working together on the big issues of our day.

If pressed, we need to find a rational, common sense middle ground. All sides need to accept that abortion will never be eradicated, or made totally legal. Abortion should never be used as a method of birth control, but the consequences of making it a black market procedure are too high. My stance is that it should be Safe, Legal, Rare and Privately Funded."

-Rupert Boneham

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Dross has once again brought sense into a debate. I too believe there is a reasonable solution that lies in the middle ground. Your observations mimic mine.

There you go again, Denny. You give me a compliment in the hopes I won't remember that you're a JBT. :):

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Now this I can get behind.

Changing the world by government force is a fool's errand. Let's man up and take it on ourselves.

Awesome... we have 1 person ready to step up and donate a large portion of his income to stop abortion.

Who else wants to step up to the plate? Anyone else want to pledge 30% of their income... how about 20% or 10%?

I see all of these idealists against abortion... but how many want to pay for the consequences of it once its gone? It won't be cheap... it will be an extra 1.3 million government dependent US citizens and 42 million extra mouths to feed worldwide.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Tough topics demand honest answers, and nothing is more emotional than the discussion of human life. I believe that the issue of abortion has long been used to manipulate those on the left and right. While these emotions are real, promises of a solution aren't. In the public policy arena, we are at an impasse. As a result, we ought to stop dividing ourselves over this issue, and declare a cease-fire. We have important economic hurdles, and these times require us working together on the big issues of our day.

If pressed, we need to find a rational, common sense middle ground. All sides need to accept that abortion will never be eradicated, or made totally legal. Abortion should never be used as a method of birth control, but the consequences of making it a black market procedure are too high. My stance is that it should be Safe, Legal, Rare and Privately Funded."

-Rupert Boneham

:yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Awesome... we have 1 person ready to step up and donate a large portion of his income to stop abortion.

Who else wants to step up to the plate? Anyone else want to pledge 30% of their income... how about 20% or 10%?

I see all of these idealists against abortion... but how many want to pay for the consequences of it once its gone? It won't be cheap... it will be an extra 1.3 million government dependent US citizens and 42 million extra mouths to feed worldwide.

If pro-life activists really wanted to prevent abortions they might get behind something other than abstinence only sex education.

If the resources of the FotF, Right to Life, Pro Life Action, and others made straight and direct communication that the science of "baby making isn't pretty", that "this is how you use prophylactics", instead of "don't have sex until you're married", maybe, just maybe they could actually reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies that lead to abortion.

But no, keep expecting kids to abstain, then expect a politician or group of politicians to make abortions inaccessible is their answer. Yup, rely on the government, it's far easier than teaching kids honestly.:laugh:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Abortion is murder!!
    Period!!!
    No amount of hyperbole, distortion, "legal justification", or word manipulation will ever change the facts.
    Those who support abortion are supporting the murder of innocent children!!

Hopefully there's a special place in Hell for people who approve of the murder of children.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    FACT: you just built a HUGE strawman and I'm going to set it on fire.

Look.... everyone here realizes that cells have life. The question is do those cells have more rights than the person housing those cells. And at what point in the developmental stage of a fetus does the right of the mother disappear?

As for being a hypocrite... my mom was able to take good care of me and provide me a life. Not all moms are capable of that.

Look at Africa for instance.... there are many places over there where life is miserable. If some African lady who is starving herself has 10 kids and they all starve to death by age 5 and have miserable, painful lives... then wouldn't abortion have been more humane?

In America, we don't have a starvation problem (yet), but how many of you guys *****ing right now have complained about bottom feeders taking advantage of welfare? (and yes, I can use the search engine if pushed)

You want abortion to be outlawed... are you prepared to put up with the societal strain that come with housing them?
    Last year 1.3 million babies were aborted in the USA....

Last year 4.3 million people were on welfare...

What you are proposing is that we potentially increase welfare by 1.3 million a year...?​
    How much tax money do you want to spend? How many more kids need to be orphans? How many more orphans do you want to grow up to be criminals because they were neglected by unfit parents? How many of those career criminals do you want to pay to house in prisons? How many more crimes do you want to watch these kids commit.

How about worldwide? 42 million abortions a year worldwide... Lets stop them all from happening. How much more foreign aid do you want to send to 3rd world countries?

How much do you people want income tax to increase? Another 30%... 40%?

I hear all of this talk about ending abortion and expecting everyone else to pay for the results.... ... If you're so passionate, why don't you lead by example?

Donate - Operation Rescue

Abortion Blackout | End abortion by 2020

Stop Abortion! | causes.com

So by your argument I would assume that you are a supporter of Eugenics? These are part and parcel a large part of the reasoning supporters use.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I absolutely do not support abortion. It is abhorrent and against the will of God. But neither should Government intervene and make demands of a free people. A truly enlightened and free people, a moral people, has no need of Government telling its women not to kill their unborn, those women would already understand this and not kill their children, or let them be killed. But in a free world, not even wise counsel would be necessary. How do we get from point A to point B? Constant advice and counsel, not Governmental edict. God and education will do more to make abortion an appalling memory than all the penalties of Government ever could.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If pro-life activists really wanted to prevent abortions they might get behind something other than abstinence only sex education.

If the resources of the FotF, Right to Life, Pro Life Action, and others made straight and direct communication that the science of "baby making isn't pretty", that "this is how you use prophylactics", instead of "don't have sex until you're married", maybe, just maybe they could actually reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies that lead to abortion.

But no, keep expecting kids to abstain, then expect a politician or group of politicians to make abortions inaccessible is their answer. Yup, rely on the government, it's far easier than teaching kids honestly.:laugh:
    My guess is that a lot of these abortions are from people that used protection that failed, this was their backup method. Or it is cheaper and easier than using birth control of any kind:dunno:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Abortion is murder!!
    Period!!!
    No amount of hyperbole, distortion, "legal justification", or word manipulation will ever change the facts.
    Those who support abortion are supporting the murder of innocent children!!

Hopefully there's a special place in Hell for people who approve of the murder of children.

You're wrong sir.

You don't know what it's like to be pregnant for one day. You don't know what it's like to be raped. You don't know what it's like raising a child with the direct lineage of your father or brother or cousin that forced himself on you.

Don't pretend to know what is best for a person until you experience these things.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I absolutely do not support abortion. It is abhorrent and against the will of God. But neither should Government intervene and make demands of a free people. A truly enlightened and free people, a moral people, has no need of Government telling its women not to kill their unborn, those women would already understand this and not kill their children, or let them be killed. But in a free world, not even wise counsel would be necessary. How do we get from point A to point B? Constant advice and counsel, not Governmental edict. God and education will do more to make abortion an appalling memory than all the penalties of Government ever could.
    Yep, government can no more stop abortion than it can stop murder, but government will only punish certain types of murder

Top Bottom