• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    bacon-chonies.jpg

I was looking for bacon avatars and found this. I won't be using it, but I thought that we should all be able to appreciate another bacon lover's statement from the bottom of her heart.... or the heart of her bottom, as the case may be.

Blessings,
    B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    bacon-chonies.jpg

I was looking for bacon avatars and found this. I won't be using it, but I thought that we should all be able to appreciate another bacon lover's statement from the bottom of her heart.... or the heart of her bottom, as the case may be.

Blessings,
    B

Pre-browned underwear. Wise. Wish I'd thought of it.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Well I just got done ready through all of this thread and it was a great read. I want to thank Cbarnett for pointing out bacon wrapped bacon finally. I thought it must have been an oversight from the other posters to have not mentioned it.

My favorite thing to do with bacon is to make bacon sandwiches. Now before anyone starts in about the bread, I learned to rectify that a long time ago like this. I take a slice of bread and give it a nice coating of hot bacon grease, then pile on the bacon. Then a little miracle whip on the other slice. I usually make 2 really good sized sandwiches like that then of course I have a plate of crisp bacon on the side to eat while I eat my sandwiches.

One thing though that I think can't be said enough of is jowl bacon. There is just something wondrous about opening a box of jowl bacon and frying up some pieces of 1/4 to 3/4 inch thick bacon and bacon fat then just eating it. If you have never tried it or the boxes of bacon ends and pieces you really should give both a try.

I will have to give the bacon infused bourbon a try sometime in the near future as well as the bacon infused vodka.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    bacon-chonies.jpg

Blessings,
    B

I find that disgusting, she should take those off! Oh wait that's another forum. :D

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Candied Bacon recipe

3/4 cup light brown sugar, not packed
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 pound thickly sliced, hickory-smoked bacon, each slice halved crosswise

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lay a large baking rack on top of an ungreased cookie sheet. Spritz rack well with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine the brown sugar, mustard, and pepper in a pie pan, whisking out all lumps. Dredge each piece of bacon on both sides in sugar mixture until thickly coated.
    Arrange the bacon on the rack, preferably not touching, and sprinkle generously with the remaining sugar mixture.
    Slide the pan onto the middle oven rack and bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until the bacon is richly browned and crisp. No need to turn the bacon as it bakes.
    Cool the candied bacon to room temperature and serve with your favorite beverage.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We have an obsession with Bacon, I must admit. But who would have thought that simply weaving bacon together like a basket, covering it in cheese, and rolling it up into a cannister looking thing, would be the thing that finally made me so "I don't know if I can eat this." Although, I quickly followed that statement with "I'd like to try and see if I can eat this." To which my ******* quickly followed that statement with "I'm telling you right now, we won't be able to laugh about this later."

http://www.holytaco.com/if-i-die-bacon-related-death-id-it-be-because

"Shut up, A$$hole! We are doin' this!":D

Top Bottom