• ...and so much more!
  • Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Does anyone like bacon sandwichs?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u6zw6RyzjQ&feature=related]YouTube - A Bacon Sandwich as Big As Your Head[/ame]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like BLT's, but without the lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.

You eat them on bread???

You sick b@stard.

I've at times pondered making a BLT, but substituting two slices of ham for the bread.
    Alternatively, I might use Canadian bacon to replace the bread, but I worry that I'd spend the next several hours adding "ay?" to all my sentences.

I wonder if you could make bacon-infused mayonnaise like you can do bacon-infused bourbon? Hmmm....

Blessings,
    B

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Recipe: Bacon and Cheese Potato Cake
    Bacon and Cheese Potato Cake (Pommes des Vendangeurs)

bacon-cheese-potato-pie.jpg

Items needed: One ovenproof 9-inch round baking pan, preferably nonstick. (I used a 9-inch round stone baking dish with sides.)

1 tablespoon butter [omitted]
    6 ounces slab bacon or 1 package of bacon
    2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes or red potatoes
    1 1/4 cups grated Gruyere cheese [used Irish cheddar since that's what we had]
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425*F.

Butter the bottom and sides of pan. [skipped this step since there was plenty of bacon though it might've made removing from pan easier]

Arrange the bacon slices, spiral fashion, on the bottom and sides of the pan. Allow the bacon to drape over the edge. Set aside.

Peel the potatoes, rinse under cold running water, and pat dry. Slice into thin rounds, rinse again, and dry thoroughly in a thick towel. [I was too lazy to dry the rinsed potatoes and that didn't seem to hurt things]

Arrange one third of the potato slices on top of the bacon

Sprinkle with one third of the cheese.

Repeat, creating two addtional layers of potatoes and cheese.

Fold the overhanging bacon onto the potatoes. [You might want to put a toothpick through the center to try to keep the bacon from curling up and away from the center.]

Bake, uncovered, until the potatoes offer no resistance when pierced with a knife, 40 to 50 minutes.

Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a rack. Let it rest, still covered, for 15 minutes, so that the potates will unmold easily. Unmold the potatoes onto a warmed serving platter, season generously with freshly ground black pepper, and serve, cutting into wedges. [I left mine in the dish and served it from there at the table.]

Originally found at: FitFool - Bacon and Cheese Potato Cake (Pommes des Vendangeurs)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Interesting. My link works for me but yours doesn't. Yours references the page number, mine just references the post number. I wonder why the permalink bothers with the page number when the number of posts per page is user-adjustable.

yours took me to page 1 post 1.... :(

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    fwiw... scutter's links never work for me either. page one post one. on either computer. whether i'm at home or at starbucks.

<3

Top Bottom