• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I did make some "bacon" burgers this summer.You know ground bacon instead of beef. They where great on the grill ,but even a bit much for me and did not care for the texture.I will make them again every 4th of July but with 50% ground sirloin :)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Atomic Buffalo Turds are great. The main ingredient? BACON!!! Jalapenos stuffed with cheese and bacon, wrapped in bacon, and smoked until the bacon is done. Best way to have bacon...

BTW - I know some are thinking that jalapenos are too hot, but I can make them so they aren't any hotter than a bell pepper (which is the way they are made so my 6 year old can enjoy them)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Atomic Buffalo Turds are great. The main ingredient? BACON!!! Jalapenos stuffed with cheese and bacon, wrapped in bacon, and smoked until the bacon is done. Best way to have bacon...

Sounds good! Can you make them without the jalepeños and the cheese?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    great. we'll bring our own boat and a few pounds of "patch kit" for yours. is there a limit on outboard size? i'm pretty sure i can't get rhino to paddle.:):

Of course! If you want to go boating, you'll have to bring your own bacanoe. Mine keeps developing mysterious bite-shaped holes.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    piles-o-bacon.jpg

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I did make some "bacon" burgers this summer.You know ground bacon instead of beef. They where great on the grill ,but even a bit much for me and did not care for the texture.I will make them again every 4th of July but with 50% ground sirloin :)

I sort of do that when I make hamburgers. I usually always add bacon bits, shredded cheese, A1 and some Worchestire sauce oh and some onion powder or minced onions. We don't like onions.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, so the chocolate covered bacon is in the fridge...The suspense is killing me.

How long does it take the chocolate to solidify?

BTW, I made 2 pounds of bacon for the event.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Anyone see on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives where they used bacon grease in their alcohol? Didn't really understand it, but they somehow condensed it and drank it as shots...

Bacon Vodka

makes up one pint
    Fry up three strips of bacon.
    Add cooked bacon to a clean pint sized mason jar. Trim the ends of the bacon if they are too tall to fit in the jar. Or you could go hog wild and just pile in a bunch of fried up bacon scraps. Optional: add crushed black peppercorns.
    Fill the jar up with vodka. Cap and place in a dark cupboard for at least three weeks. That’s right- I didn’t refrigerate it.
    At the end of the three week resting period, place the bacon vodka in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter to yield a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's another...

PDT’s Bacon-Infused Old Fashioned

FOR THE BOURBON- BACON INFUSION:
    3 or 4 slices bacon, or enough to render 1 ounce of fat (PDT uses Benton’s, but any extra-smoky variety will do)
    1 750-ml. bottle of bourbon such as Four Roses Yellow Label

FOR THE OLD FASHIONED:
    2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon
    1/4 ounce Grade B maple syrup
    2 dashes Angostura bitters
    Twist of orange

FOR THE BACON-INFUSED BOURBON: Cook bacon in pan and reserve rendered fat. (1) When bacon fat has cooled a bit, pour off one ounce from pan. (2) Pour bourbon into a non-porous container. (3) Strain the bacon fat into the container and infuse for 4 to 6 hours at room temperature. Place mixture in freezer until all the fat is solidified. With a slotted spoon, remove fat and strain mixture back into bottle.
    FOR THE COCKTAIL: In mixing glass, stir 2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon, maple syrup, and bitters with ice. Strain into chilled rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange twist.

Top Bottom