• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Despite your scenario being unlikely, I think that a cop shooting an unarmed man who is backing away would not play well, either. Maybe worse, since the cop should be better trained.

I am reasonably positive that if this had been a police officer doing the shooting....the uproar would make the present situation look like afternoon tea.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You cannot begin to make that comparison, because of the totality of the circumstances. A cop has a duty to enforce the law, so it would have been reasonable for him to speak with the woman in the car. If the boyfriend actually came out of the store and pushed a uniformed police officer to the ground, this is much more serious than pushing some random person, as the assailant knows that he is pushing a police officer. There is a reason that crimes against police officers are generally enhanced offenses. The idea is that the attack is against not only the cop, but against society and law and order.

This speaks to the mindset of the attacker. Is it reasonable to think that the mindset of someone who attacks a uniformed police officer may be more dangerous than someone who pushes a random stranger away to protect his girlfriend and child? I would say yes. That being said, a police officer will probably still not shoot in this situation if he draws and the perp backs up. Cops go hand to hand all the time. They use retention holsters. They have other defensive tools at their disposal.

Despite your scenario being unlikely, I think that a cop shooting an unarmed man who is backing away would not play well, either. Maybe worse, since the cop should be better trained.

I completely agree, I was just making the point if a cop made this shot I’m betting a lot of people who are saying this is a good shoot would be saying it was a bad shoot if a cop did it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    3 seconds. That is how long the shooter pointed the pistol at the guy before pulling the trigger. 3 seconds to decide if the person in your sights needs shot. 3 seconds to observe body language to assess threat level. When judgements need to be made in milliseconds, 6 seconds is "days" in reaction time world. Another example of a person who carries and has two choices for ALL situations he encounters...shoot or don't shoot. There is no in between for him. He is either helpless or shoots. Like I said earlier, when you only carry a hammer every problem is a nail.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    From what I saw, it looks less like Cap'n Sav-a-Spot was yelling until maybe the lady took affront to being corrected, and started yelling at him, causing him to become more animated? Still, without audio it's all guesswork.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    From what I saw, it looks less like Cap'n Sav-a-Spot was yelling until maybe the lady took affront to being corrected, and started yelling at him, causing him to become more animated? Still, without audio it's all guesswork.

Agreed, especially in the longer video his body language is non-aggressive. Based on my limited ability to call this I "feel" he had time to decide not to fire but ... I wasn't there, the guy above him is big, he's just been shoved hard to the ground and the "attacker" is still standing over him.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Some people carry a firearm for protection, for themselves and/or for others that need help. This guy looks like he carried because he got a sense of power from it. Then when someone challenged his power trip he wasn't prepared for it and he either got so scared that he shot or he was very angry when he shot.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some people carry a firearm for protection, for themselves and/or for others that need help. This guy looks like he carried because he got a sense of power from it. Then when someone challenged his power trip he wasn't prepared for it and he either got so scared that he shot or he was very angry when he shot.

Reports are that he was known for confronting people over handicap parking spaces.

Gunman confronted another man weeks before fatal shooting
    Video: Florida man shot, killed during parking spot dispute - WSMV News 4
    https://www.theroot.com/gunman-in-stand-your-ground-shooting-of-black-man-had-h-1827829356

The store owner said that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store said he had a run-in with Drejka just one month ago.
    Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him.

No information I've seen that he, himself needs to use a handicap space.

Also, this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/mcglockton-shooting-gun-owners-outraged/

Compounding the injustice is Drejka’s own absurd conduct. An armed citizen should not be mall-copping his way through life, initiating confrontations. And that’s especially true if you’re a grown man interacting with a young woman. There are many, many men who (quite reasonably, I might add) will react physically if they see a strange man confronting their wife or girlfriend.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He lives a pretty active life... I assume he takes a break at 4 pm for the County Kitchen's early bird senior citizen special.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    The whole thing is surprisingly polarizing. I expected everyone to see it as the firm shade of grey it is but a lot of people see it very black or white. No way would the shooter want this to go to a jury.
    Agreed, if he can’t find sympathy here it will be tough if Florida!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    letter.jpg

Sen. Nelson calls on DOJ to investigate Clearwater shooting

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How on Earth do they think this is a civil rights violation, other then the color of the skin of the those involved?

Or maybe they think that the Feds can just enforce any law they want them to.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How on Earth do they think this is a civil rights violation, other then the color of the skin of the those involved?

Or maybe they think that the Feds can just enforce any law they want them to.
    The usual suspects who signed the letter probably know a lot of Holder holdovers are in that division. Alcee Hastings, a former federal judge who was impeached and removed from the bench for corruption. Two Florida dug-in opportunists and the other two are pretty close to being communists.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And if Hillary had been making those supreme court picks, they would be right

The Feds could enforce any law they wanted to

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Nope, not justified in my opinion. Once he pulled his gun the other guy backed off and dropped his aggressive stance THEN he shot him. I would feel different had he shot him while the guy was advancing with his gonna kick some butt stance. :twocents:

As I watched the video several times. After the aggressor shoved the old man to the ground. He immediately took a step towards the downed man. Then backed off. When he seen the man draw.
    He should have backed off before assaulting the old man.

“I would feel different had he shot him while the guy was advancing with his gonna kick some butt stance.”
    No assault = “murder”!

Top Bottom