• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Times have changed since I left the field 24 years ago. GPS and ground based radar were non existent. Loran was the most talked about new technology. If I get current again and wish to do any traveling, navigation methods would need the most study.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Malaysia Airlines: deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that #MH370 was lost and none of those on board survived. We must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean" #MH370

Summarized... So the plane is in the ocean but there is no proof the plane is in the ocean?

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Malaysia Airlines: deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that #MH370 was lost and none of those on board survived. We must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean" #MH370

Summarized... So the plane is in the ocean but there is no proof the plane is in the ocean?
    It's been 2 weeks. If they were looking in the wrong place during the initial search stages that leaves plenty of time for the wreckage to disperse and sink. By the time they started looking in the "correct" area, the amount of wreckage left might be so little ( size or quantity) that it really is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I agree there's not much positive evidence that the plane went down, but there's less evidence that anything else happened to it. Process of elimination points to crashed in ocean.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    It's been 2 weeks. If they were looking in the wrong place during the initial search stages that leaves plenty of time for the wreckage to disperse and sink. By the time they started looking in the "correct" area, the amount of wreckage left might be so little ( size or quantity) that it really is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I agree there's not much positive evidence that the plane went down, but there's less evidence that anything else happened to it. Process of elimination points to crashed in ocean.
    More and more things I'm reading indicate that someone, somewhere, is withholding a crucial piece of information that led the PM to break this information today. Could it be more satellites images? Probably. All I know is, Australia is entering into a search an salvage mode, and so are a few other countries. They know something we don't. Hopefully, that will be brought to light sometime today

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Easier to say 'trust us' than 'Iran probably has it and is loading it up with a payload destined for Israel.'

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Easier to say 'trust us' than 'Iran probably has it and is loading it up with a payload destined for Israel.'

I trust the Aussies.

The Malaysians have redefined incompetence with this 'investigation' and 'search' thus far.

Besides, the Israelis wouldn't think twice of shooting down an airliner if they deemed it a threat.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

There is proof - it's mathematical data from Inmarsat - but it's proof.

and they continue to refine the area to find the tangible proof.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    More and more things I'm reading indicate that someone, somewhere, is withholding a crucial piece of information that led the PM to break this information today. Could it be more satellites images? Probably.
    I wouldn't be surprised. But I also know that we (humans) aren't nearly as smart as we think we are, and this is a great big ol' world out there and a plane, even a big one, isn't so technologically "big" that it can't be lost.

All I know is, Australia is entering into a search an salvage mode, and so are a few other countries. They know something we don't. Hopefully, that will be brought to light sometime today
    It's been 2 weeks. Search and rescue isn't likely anymore, even if they do know where the darn plane is.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

2350440-4907589147-might.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I trust the Aussies.

The Malaysians have redefined incompetence with this 'investigation' and 'search' thus far.

Besides, the Israelis wouldn't think twice of shooting down an airliner if they deemed it a threat.

Incompetent? Most likely but incapable is probably more in line. They really don't have the resources that most countries have and when something goes wrong they're lost and screwed.

Top Bottom