• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, we'll see if that debris off the coast of Australia has anything to do with it. It's in the area of the projected flight path....but who knows.

...but as I've said many times, no matter the reason for the turn off course, I remain of the opinion that the plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    What are the chances that whoever took the plane waited a few days, then went out into the ocean and threw some parts of a plane in there so it will take some heat off them while searchers think they found it? Holy run on sentence. But really, it makes sense to me.

Jason

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    What are the chances that whoever took the plane waited a few days, then went out into the ocean and threw some parts of a plane in there so it will take some heat off them while searchers think they found it? Holy run on sentence. But really, it makes sense to me.

That's a hell of a way to go into open water to "throw some parts"...

If those are parts of an airplane, it'd be pretty straightforward to see if 1. they are parts from a 777 and 2. parts from THE Malaysian 777 once they are recovered - just about everything on an airliner is serialized.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Jason

A 3 to 4 hour flight from the nearest city (Perth) on jet aircraft travelling at 500 knots, 1300-1500 miles, to throw people off? There's saying one piece is over 70 feet long. Not likely.

Last edited:

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Well the debris satellites found off the southwest coast of australia is promising, but it could be nothing, and the area they are searching is 15000 ft or more deep.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So....The alien theory is still in play until the debris is verified?
    I'm with the alien conspiracy until facts prove my thinking different. And they'd better be darn good facts ta' Boot!!!!

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    Okay, so unlikely that a fire is burning long without some sort of warning to the pilots?

Are the shut off switches to the transponder and other device (I forget the acronym) near the pilots? Are the actual devices near the pilots? What is the likelihood the fire took them out, 12 minutes apart, from a location in the plane other than in or near the cockpit?

Yes the transponder is very easy to shut off.

The ACARS is a bit more involved but any pilot can do it and my guess is most of the flight simulator programs out there have the same functionality, i.e. any teenager with a good computer and simulator program can do it.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I think it was a political move...Not a muslim one, but two people from the area. Nosediving it into the ocean would create debris, nosediving into the forest can be discrete providing the ran the plane out of fuel. I think it was hijacked and landed at a secret base southern Thailand.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think it was a political move...Not a muslim one, but two people from the area. Nosediving it into the ocean would create debris, nosediving into the forest can be discrete providing the ran the plane out of fuel. I think it was hijacked and landed at a secret base southern Thailand.

Doesn't Rambo live there?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Every time I listen to Coast To Coast AM,I wind up yelling at the radio or just rolling my eyes at the outlandish things I'm hearing.

I don't think Art ever really believed much of what anyone ever said to him, but he's definitely got a streak of showmanship in him, that's for sure. Anyone who can take live unscreened calls for years on end and actually tease out some cogent tangential point upon which to expound, that's an artist. As for the topics of discussion, they were almost always off-the-wall and severely conspiratorial. It was INGO mainlining smack while popping steroids with regard to conspiracy manufacture. But it was almost always entertaining. Apparently he's still alive somewhere and even recently had a brief stint on Sirius XM last year. The more you know. Maybe one day he'll come back out of retirement. Again.

What were we talking about? Planes?

Top Bottom