• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll toss my edc in here. It's small, bright enough, and I literally forget I'm carrying it. In that respect I discovered that it survives the washing machine. :):

Probably not bright enough for some, but what is it they say about the 22 in your pocket vs the 45 in the safe? It's pretty bright fully focused, yet not so bright you can't twist it to a flood to use close up as an inspection light.

https://www.coastportland.com/hp2-twist-focus-light.htm

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've been planning on getting another one. Currently my EDC light is a Surefire G2X. I'm thinking of getting an EagleTac

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I picked up an Olight S10 a couple weeks ago, and LOVE it. It is tiny, but puts out 400 lumens. The control is by a button on the side, and it has a handy magnet on the tail cap so it can stick to steel surfaces. It also has a clip that makes it easy to attach to the bill of a hat. It also has a really nice "moon" mode that only puts out 5 lumens, which is great for looking for something in the car at night without distracting the driver. It also works well when camping for finding your way through a dark tent without disturbing anyone. I picked it up on sale at Battery Junction for 36 bucks shipped. I've got a couple Olight M20 Warrior models that are great, too, but too bulky for EDC, IMO. I've also got two Fenix TK15's. One works just fine while the other's mode button has failed, so it is stuck on the bright setting, and Fenix appears not to want to stand behind it and fix or replace it. I won't buy another Fenix. Too bad, because they offer some neat lights, too.

Sorry about the hair in the 2nd pic. That happens all the time with a house full of little girls! ;)

20150627_104704_zpsm3k3ary4.jpg
    20150627_104750_zpsdxwuwgta.jpg

Attachments

• 20150627_104704_zpsm3k3ary4.jpg
      20150627_104704_zpsm3k3ary4.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 3

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    What are the advantages, uses, or needs for colored lighting from an EDC flashlight? Or any flashlight for that matter? I'm not questioning the logic or scoffing at the idea, I'm just not picturing what it is used for.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I'm still rocking a Malkoff MD2 for an EDC. 325 HONEST OTF Lumens. A NO BS bomb-proof light. I am using an Oveready Moodolar Triad tailcap with a McClicky switch and a stainless pocket clip. For power I'm using a single 18650 lithium. Linkage:

Malkoff Devices. Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights, LED light pucks, Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights

OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark?

Here is a pic. It's the middle one (outside two are both Malkoff HoundDog 18650s). The MD2 is a 1 inch diameter light like a Surefire 6P in size.

m-trio-01.jpg

Full size link:

https://lrpctech.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/m-trio-01.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What are the advantages, uses, or needs for colored lighting from an EDC flashlight? Or any flashlight for that matter? I'm not questioning the logic or scoffing at the idea, I'm just not picturing what it is used for.
    Just like cars, red light goes faster. This gives you a tactical advantage because you'll see them first.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm still rocking a Malkoff MD2 for an EDC. 325 HONEST OTF Lumens. A NO BS bomb-proof light. I am using an Oveready Moodolar Triad tailcap with a McClicky switch and a stainless pocket clip. For power I'm using a single 18650 lithium. Linkage:

Malkoff Devices. Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights, LED light pucks, Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights

OVEREADY Flashlights/Torches - Control The Dark?

Here is a pic. It's the middle one (outside two are both Malkoff HoundDog 18650s). The MD2 is a 1 inch diameter light like a Surefire 6P in size.

m-trio-01.jpg

Full size link:

https://lrpctech.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/m-trio-01.jpg

Props for the serious hardware there but you are either the most ridiculously over organized person or that was staged ;)

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well I did set the flashlights up for that shot. But I do keep my "gun-closet" area clean and neat. That's my pistol safe to the right and the shelves above are where my ammo and accessories are stored.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Well I did set the flashlights up for that shot. But I do keep my "gun-closet" area clean and neat. That's my pistol safe to the right and the shelves above are where my ammo and accessories are stored.

<---Jealous. I wish I could be that clutter free

Also on topic I like the Surefire G2X polymer lights. The tactical model (momentary, twist for constant; single output) is on my AR and my EDC is the Pro model with two modes and a clicky tailcap. I added a titanium pocket clip from Prometheus Lights and it is worth the price.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I picked up an Olight S10 a couple weeks ago, and LOVE it. It is tiny, but puts out 400 lumens. The control is by a button on the side, and it has a handy magnet on the tail cap so it can stick to steel surfaces. It also has a clip that makes it easy to attach to the bill of a hat. It also has a really nice "moon" mode that only puts out 5 lumens, which is great for looking for something in the car at night without distracting the driver. It also works well when camping for finding your way through a dark tent without disturbing anyone. I picked it up on sale at Battery Junction for 36 bucks shipped. I've got a couple Olight M20 Warrior models that are great, too, but too bulky for EDC, IMO. I've also got two Fenix TK15's. One works just fine while the other's mode button has failed, so it is stuck on the bright setting, and Fenix appears not to want to stand behind it and fix or replace it. I won't buy another Fenix. Too bad, because they offer some neat lights, too.

Sorry about the hair in the 2nd pic. That happens all the time with a house full of little girls! ;)

Sootch00 from Youtube carries an S10 as well:

[video=youtube;NSZypwx_3oA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSZypwx_3oA[/video]

[video=youtube;4HU6sy9G-t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HU6sy9G-t8[/video]

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Probably the same relationship.

And yes, the higher output is from the rechargeable cell. If you click the specs tab on our webpage you'll see the out puts for both cr123a and the 16340 cell. Basically your going from a 3v cell to a 3.7v cell, which is why there is an output difference.

either way, you need one Rhino :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Probably the same relationship.

And yes, the higher output is from the rechargeable cell. If you click the specs tab on our webpage you'll see the out puts for both cr123a and the 16340 cell. Basically your going from a 3v cell to a 3.7v cell, which is why there is an output difference.

either way, you need one Rhino :)

I CAN'T QUIT YOU!!!

You're the BradsKnives/Knife Lady of flashlights! Get thee behind me, you nefarious enabler!

Top Bottom